madrid - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #361
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: madrid

Roger could quickly smother all doubts (such as they are) if he handles Nalby the right way (AKA - win) should they meet in Basel - and it's possible. I wonder how Nalby would fare against Stan - they are both stuck in Roger's half of the draw.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2007, 07:45 PM   #362
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Im soo sad and annoyed.
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #363
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

i have a feeling nalle isn't done. Federer's list of rivals is growing with every passing tournament.

nadal
joker
bandy

I still think federer has the edge over all the surfaces against these guys but on certain surfaces, they are too good.

nadal - on clay
bandy - indoors
joker - fast HC
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

Last edited by World Beater : 10-21-2007 at 08:49 PM.
World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:38 PM   #364
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Nalby's ball striking abilities were in full flow today. Roger just did not have an answer. I would rather he lose to Nalby than some grinder.

Oh well, on to Basel.
rofe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #365
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been able to watch this match and still waiting for the highlights of it on the internet.

Congrats to David for an amazing week in Madrid and beating the 3 best ranked players in the world
Although Roger was able to change the h2h against him in the last years there were always matches between them were the outcome was on the edge and Roger could have lost that encounters as well.

It's Rogers first loss since being up a set in the RG final 2006 and his first indoors loss since the TMC final 2005.

Here's an interview with Roger after the match: http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/...,11444,00.html
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:54 PM   #366
country flag sierra91

sierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond reputesierra91 has a reputation beyond repute

He loses one final and you'd think his career was over from some of the comments. Even the ATP is playing along: "Appearing in his seventh consecutive final, Federer slipped to 55-7 on the year." How many of the great players ever had a record like that in a year? He won three grand slams for the third time in four years and he loses one fucking final and people (at least in GM) think his career is over. Roger didn't seem terribly upset afterwards ... his expression and body language were nothing like after he lost in Montreal (I was there and he looked so pissed ... probably still kicking himself for losing six set points on his serve in the first set). I feel badly for him, but he played his worst match of the week, looked like he couldn't wait to get out of there and on the private jet home to Bad, and Donut Dave was the better player and deserved to win. At least Roger got his revenge on Willy.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #367

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the funny thing. In some way its good for roger's legacy to lose these types of matches. People will appreciate the greatness of federer later on, and understand the quality of competition he is facing. I just hope "fat dave" actually builds on this because his talent is amazing. He is the most talented and solid off both sides since agassi, and this is not me bandwagoning. He has always had it but it was a question of if he could put it together for a whole season let alone a whole career.

It shows how much a player needs to beat roger. Its no secret that it required bandy to play at the top of his game and have full confidence to beat federer today. Safin needed arguable the best match of his career to beat roger at the AO, and it takes a psycho OCD ridden moonballer to beat federer on clay. Beating federer just once has been such a huge challenge, and while it can be done that is not the important questions. There are a select few players who have the ability to beat roger and on their best day, they could. But if they played 10 matches across all surfaces, federer wins the majority of those matches - his standard is too high.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

Old 10-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
I hear this guy is his new fitness trainer.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
his name is johan de beer, previous trainer of tim henman

anyways, johan is on a 2 week trial with roger.

-Richard Feynman

Old 10-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #369
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe how much people are making of this match. Nalbandian has always been a tough opponent for Federer to deal with and he doesn't like playing him. Nalbandian played really well today with a new and improved serve and took the match. Fed had chances, but Dave thwarted them with great play.

It's highly unlikely that Dave will play like this week in and week out. It could be a great battle in Australia if they do meet up and Dave is playing like this.

This was Fed's 7th straight final, all of them either Slams or TMS events. For perspective's sake, nobody else on tour has ever made more than 4 straight finals in a row.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:20 PM   #370
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra91 View Post
He loses one final and you'd think his career was over from some of the comments. Even the ATP is playing along: "Appearing in his seventh consecutive final, Federer slipped to 55-7 on the year." How many of the great players ever had a record like that in a year? He won three grand slams for the third time in four years and he loses one fucking final and people (at least in GM) think his career is over. Roger didn't seem terribly upset afterwards ... his expression and body language were nothing like after he lost in Montreal (I was there and he looked so pissed ... probably still kicking himself for losing six set points on his serve in the first set). I feel badly for him, but he played his worst match of the week, looked like he couldn't wait to get out of there and on the private jet home to Bad, and Donut Dave was the better player and deserved to win. At least Roger got his revenge on Willy.
Exactly. He played really well all week, but Nalbandian stepped it up today and Fed didn't deliver. Happens to everyone. I remember he said the same thing last year after he lost to Nadal in Dubai. He said he was happy with his play and then he went on to sweep IW and Miami.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #371
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Well. I thought he looked more disappointed today than in Montreal, or should I say - more surprised.

Maybe he was more pissed, cause it was Nole, and Nole is the usurper, one of them, and Nalby really isn't.

I feel it was a silly loss, Roger in the second set held serve comfortably with the exception of that mental walk-about when he got broken - in the third set he was just not playing well.

Well, I hope both him and Nalby get to the Basel Q so Roger can do to him when he did to Canas.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #372
Fed Fo Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
Well. I thought he looked more disappointed today than in Montreal, or should I say - more surprised.

Maybe he was more pissed, cause it was Nole, and Nole is the usurper, one of them, and Nalby really isn't.

I feel it was a silly loss, Roger in the second set held serve comfortably with the exception of that mental walk-about when he got broken - in the third set he was just not playing well.

Well, I hope both him and Nalby get to the Basel Q so Roger can do to him when he did to Canas.
I think more than anything, he was surprised that Nalbandian turned up his game. He blew him off of the court in the 1st set and was holding easily in the 2nd until he was broken as you said. He was surprised that Nalbandian started serving really well and then before he knew it, he's in a third set with a guy who can't miss and brimming with confidence.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:48 PM   #373
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Who was the girl sitting beside Mirka today?
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #374
country flag Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
I think more than anything, he was surprised that Nalbandian turned up his game. He blew him off of the court in the 1st set and was holding easily in the 2nd until he was broken as you said. He was surprised that Nalbandian started serving really well and then before he knew it, he's in a third set with a guy who can't miss and brimming with confidence.
Would you compare this to the Dubai match against Nadal, then? I mean, Federer swept that first set and was holding with ease in the second set until the one crucial break. I haven't seen the match yet.

In any case, I like Nalbandian and am glad for him - I hope if they do meet in Basel, though, Federer can beat him, since it is his home tournament. I also hope Federer will play Paris this year since it's one of the three Masters Series events he hasn't won (and the other two are clay events)... of course, since they're changing the Masters Series system, maybe that won't be so important any more, but it'd be nice to have Federer win all of them someday. I don't think the chances of his playing Paris is too strong, though, especially if he wins Basel.

I am a fan of Federer, Gasquet, Baghdatis, the long-deceased Safin, Youzhny, Nalbandian, Rochus, Tsonga, the sadly-departed Santoro, and good, hearty, competitive tennis matches. The quality of my life does not rest solely on who wins these matches. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I can live quite happily after a player I like chokes, mugs, bashes, or otherwise succumbs to a loss.
Flibbertigibbet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:43 PM   #375
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

anyone watched roger's interview
cause atpmastersseries is not working on my computer
all videos not working
anyone know what program it needs

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best

Last edited by didadida : 10-21-2007 at 11:02 PM.
didadida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote