madrid - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #316
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: madrid

Well~~~~so much for that!
Roger was out played.
Nalbanian played a great match and he deserved the win.

So I guess we'll see another little *plate*~

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2007, 03:49 PM   #317
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

I want the old Roger back that saved his best for the finals. Nalbandian did play well today, but I was shaking my head during the second and third sets because Roger did have his chances. Yet he didn't look like someone who was trying to win the match.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:49 PM   #318
country flag rwn

rwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond reputerwn has a reputation beyond repute

Roger's level in finals has really dropped. And no excuses with the wind today. It was simply sh*t in the last 2 sets.
rwn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:50 PM   #319
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

I did not expect this, but David played great for large parts and he deserved to win this. Congrats to him.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #320
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkalot View Post
I want the old Roger back that saved his best for the finals. Nalbandian did play well today, but I was shaking my head during the second and third sets because Roger did have his chances. Yet he didn't look like someone who was trying to win the match.
BS. Fed was outplayed from the baseline in the last 2 sets.

Last edited by ExpectedWinner : 10-21-2007 at 04:01 PM.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #321
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by didadida View Post
who is the guy is sitting beside mirka?
and i forgot the name of roger's fittness trainer???????
I hear this guy is his new fitness trainer.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #322
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

The 3rd set in this looked liked the old Roger vs. Dave matches. Fed played well in the 2nd set I thought and I think he figured he would wrap it up, but Davey upped his level. There are not very many players (if any) that would've won the 2nd set against Fed today. He had Federer worried by the third and that was that. Too bad it wasn't best of 5 as it would've been entertaining to see what would have happened.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #323
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

roger played good in the first set ,but guess he felt that he can win easily so he lost his focus and committed a lot of bh ufs,he didnt try to change the rythum he just let nalby take the control , i felt that he didnt have the winnig spirit to win ,jst didnt try hard he had many chances but he didnt take it
nalby played great specially in the 2nd and the 3rd,he didnt give roger ufs to use
congrats nalby

ROGER PLEASE WE DONT WANT SEE ANOTHER PLATES

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best
didadida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #324
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the stats Roger and Fat Dave won the same # of points in the match - 78. If only Roger had taken one of those chances where he was up 30-0 on Fat Dave's serve. I think he was in that position 2 or 3 times over the course of the 2nd and 3rd sets.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #325
country flag Mechlan

Mechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond repute

Roger played okay today but nothing fantastic and Dave was just better. Off the ground, fantastic play from Nalbandian in the last two sets. He's so damn good at taking the ball early and moving it around and it's easy to see how good he can be when he plays like this. Federer didn't serve well enough in the third set. I wish Roger had taken pace off the ball and placed it better instead of trying to hit through Nalbandian. The pace really just allowed Nalby to counterpunch away and dominate the rallies in the last two sets. No excuses though, full credit to David out there, he was the better man today.
Mechlan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:15 PM   #326
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

roger made 35 ufs tooooooooooooo much roger
no excuse
he played great all the weak,but today nalby was better

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best
Old 10-21-2007, 04:15 PM   #327
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Federer will be fine.

The biggest change in the match came when federer started slicing the bh too much. Nalbandian took control and ran fed ragged. Federer started pressing and trying to hit harder and harder. Nalbandian just served too well and didn't do federer any favors in the final set.

Nalbandian hasn't served this well + played well on the baseline. A year ago, if bandy plays well on the baseline, this would go to a tiebreak. But he defn had more pop and his hitting his spots consistently. A few times, federer was totally stuck in his tracks.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #328
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
He had Federer worried by the third and that was that.
This is what bothers me. I didn't see any fire in Roger's belly in that third set. No 'come on', no fist pump no nothing. Nalbandian looked fired up, Roger looked like he wanted to be somewhere else.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #329
country flag didadida

i agree

roger is the best
Old 10-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #330
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
Can't agree with you here... there was just NOTHING he could do, he tried his best to be aggressive, but Nalby only forced more errors out of him. Hence all those wide FH shots. Nalby deserves ALL the credits for his victory today, no excuses from Fedfans I think - and I didn't see Rogi's reaction after the match, but I've read that he too gave Nalby all credits by stating that he simply was completely outplaying him (Rogi is always a good loser! )

The only thing that got me truly worried is that I thought that Rogi looked very unconcentrated, irritated, perhaps even frustrated today. Not a good sign, I'd rather not see the Return of Headcase!Roger...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote