Spears loses custody of children - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #31
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spears loses custody of children

I *do* feel bad for her, I suppose. Her life has fallen apart and she seems incapable, unwilling or uncaring enough to piece it back together. Its unfortunate all the way around. I hate to see somebody self-destruct like this. But here's the thing...she IS responsible for her actions and my sympathies, such as they are, only extend so far. Is her life difficult? Of course it is, but how long are we going to excuse bad behavior and horrible decisions on life difficulties?

Certainly, the public bears some responsibility for what has happened to Britney and Lindsay Lohan. We make these young girls rich and famous before they're ready for it, we make them think they are entitled to the world. And when they realize that they CAN'T have everything and start to crash and burn, we sit back with our popcorn and say "tsk tsk..."

Frankly, I think both the excuses AND the ridicule are equally as harmful. Taking some personal responsibility is the ONLY way she's going to get "fixed". I hope she does. I really, really do.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #32
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeegee!. View Post
I agree with Paul.

Very few people that get hooked on drugs and alcohol do so out of choice. It's a form of escapism from the real world, as you go into your own little bubble.

Obviously things have got so bad for Britney that it's got to the stage where her next fix is more important than the well being of herself or her children. Having had a friend who had bad drugs problems, I sympathise a lot with her issues. I think it's very sad, but until she accepts she needs help nothing will change and things will continue to get worse.
Okay, maybe Adam. But the constant media scrutiny, that I find completely horrible, has partly been called on by herself. She was the one who sold her private life in a show called Chaos. And like Lee said, there are many celebrities that get hunted by the media but somehow manage to keep the cameras away, as much as possible from their kids. Also when you go shopping, wear underpants. That might help.

Yes having an addiction is sad and something that will cause you to act irrational. But she is still an individual responsible for her own actions that now affect her kids. Having said that I think the real damage has been done by Britneys parents who should have protected their child from "stardom" years ago.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 PM   #33
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post

Where to start....
There is nothing wrong with going clubbing anywhere.
There is nothing wrong with shopping in expensive boutiques in her convertible sports car.
Having a problem with drugs (when i say drugs i always include alcohol) is not something to be criticised over but rather something to be sympathised with. The girl needs help, the last thing she needs is the media spouting their irrelevant crap all over the place.
You mistake statements like these for me "blaming the media" for her drug problems. That's not what i'm doing at all.
I'm saying we have a 25 year old woman who is on drugs and who's life is getting worse. The media not only seem to enjoy the girl's misery but make money out of it daily. The people who read and listen to the media as usual go along with them and have decided she's a horrible person. This use of the media is morally reprehensible and people who judge her based on their information are wrong to.

In fact, there are many people who are treated horribly within the press. I'd like to know why it goes in our newspapers that Jude Law once had an affair or that Britney Spears looked fatter from one day to the next. It's a joke. It's not our business, these are private matters.

She is killing herself with drugs because she's surrounded by sympathisers like you. "I'm sorry you are such a mess, it's not your fault. It's the drug. I am sooo sorry."

If from the beginning, there are people around her tell to pull herself together, get help, etc. she may be not be in a mess like this.

And please don't blame her early fame and fortune. Simple example, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera are not as mess up like her. It's really what's the path you choose for yourself.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #34
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with Paul.

Very few people that get hooked on drugs and alcohol do so out of choice. It's a form of escapism from the real world, as you go into your own little bubble.

Obviously things have got so bad for Britney that it's got to the stage where her next fix is more important than the well being of herself or her children. Having had a friend who had bad drugs problems, I sympathise a lot with her issues. I think it's very sad, but until she accepts she needs help nothing will change and things will continue to get worse.
They chose to escape instead of facing the problems. I know people who are alcoholic, but giving them sympathy will never help them.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #35
country flag AnitaOlea

AnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond reputeAnitaOlea has a reputation beyond repute

LEAVE BRITNEY ALOOOOONEEEEEE
Old 10-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #36
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
They chose to escape instead of facing the problems. I know people who are alcoholic, but giving them sympathy will never help them.
Neither will slagging them off continously.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #37

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Neither will slagging them off continously.
Agreed. But I do feel somebody needs to grab her shoulders and shake her heavily.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #38
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post
Agreed. But I do feel somebody needs to grab her shoulders and shake her heavily.
Her mother is about to do the exact same thing with her other daughter and throw her into the media circus far too early :retard:
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Her mother is about to do the exact same thing with her other daughter and throw her into the media circus far too early :retard:
What the hell is wrong with these people.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #40
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Expected loss

(sorry, couldn't resist that Bilbo)
Old 10-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #41
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry for Britney. But it's probably for the best that Spears lost custody of her 2 sons to Federline. But Federline seems to be a bum of sorts and Britney losing custody to him makes her look pathetic.

And Britney shouldn't blame anyone but herself for her problems.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:12 AM   #42
country flag dimahenman

dimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond reputedimahenman has a reputation beyond repute

they should let brangelina adopt them!!
dimahenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:18 AM   #43
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
She is killing herself with drugs because she's surrounded by sympathisers like you. "I'm sorry you are such a mess, it's not your fault. It's the drug. I am sooo sorry."

If from the beginning, there are people around her tell to pull herself together, get help, etc. she may be not be in a mess like this.

And please don't blame her early fame and fortune. Simple example, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera are not as mess up like her. It's really what's the path you choose for yourself.
eh?

I see... you, the person who was whining about personal responsibility have now decided that it isn't Britney's fault, but rather "people like me" who sympathise with her.

You seem to think that me telling people to stop criticising her is in someway the same as encouraging her to take drugs. The issue we were discussing was not what is the best way for her to get off drugs, we were discussing how she should be treated by people in the general public.

How do you know what people around her tell her behind closed doors? You don't know what people say to her. It makes just as much sense for me to argue that if only people close to her had been sympathetic instead of harsh like you then none of this would have happened.

She made bad choices. She's ridiculed for them. I don't see how that is a good thing and i certainly don't see why people can't feel sorry for her..
Old 10-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #44
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't we missing what's really important here? It's not Britney! I don't care about that woman or the choices she makes...I care about those young children who didn't ask to be put into this situation. Thankfully a judge woke up and took them away from a woman who is clearly unstable right now.
And yes, the media is harsh on anyone in the public eye but most celebrities manage to behave pretty well. There is no one to blame for Britney's downfall but Britney. If you don't go out looking for trouble every single night then you won't find it. I for one hope these childeren get the stability they need now...As for Britney, I couldn't care less.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #45
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_23 View Post
Aren't we missing what's really important here? It's not Britney! I don't care about that woman or the choices she makes...I care about those young children who didn't ask to be put into this situation. Thankfully a judge woke up and took them away from a woman who is clearly unstable right now.
And yes, the media is harsh on anyone in the public eye but most celebrities manage to behave pretty well. There is no one to blame for Britney's downfall but Britney. If you don't go out looking for trouble every single night then you won't find it. I for one hope these childeren get the stability they need now...As for Britney, I couldn't care less.
Thanks Joyce for pointing out again, the children are the major victims here.

Last edited by Lee : 10-04-2007 at 05:37 PM.