Spears loses custody of children - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spears loses custody of children

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A court has ordered pop singer Britney Spears to give up custody of her children effective Wednesday at noon.

Spears' former husband, Kevin Federline, is to retain custody of their two sons "until further order of the court," according to a ruling by Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon.

It was not clear what led to Monday's decision awarding Federline full custody. A transcript of the court proceedings was ordered sealed.

Last month, a judge ordered Spears, 25, to submit to random drug tests after finding she engaged in "habitual, frequent, and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol."

That order, also by Gordon, provided no details and did not name any drugs.

The former couple has been embroiled in a bitter custody fight over their sons, Sean Preston and Jayden. The parents had split custody 50-50, but Federline then asked for the arrangements to be shifted to 70-30 in his favor.

In addition to ordering the twice-weekly drug tests, Gordon ordered Spears to spend eight hours per week working with a "parenting coach," who was to observe her interactions with her children.

Gordon also told both parents to avoid alcohol or "other non-prescription controlled substances" 12 hours before taking custody of the children.

He also barred the exes from making "derogatory remarks about the other party and the other party's family or significant other" during the case.

And he ordered the parents to go through "joint co-parenting counseling" and barred them from using corporal punishment on the boys.

Spears and Federline were married for two years before their divorce became final in July.

Monday's order comes amid a career freefall for Spears, whose new album is due to be released November 13.
advertisement

After her September 9 "comeback" performance on the MTV Video Music Awards, critics derided her singing and dancing as lackluster and said she appeared overweight in her sequined two-piece costume. Her former divorce lawyer, Laura Wasser, resigned last month as her legal representative after telling reporters the singer "just wants to be a mom."

Spears' management company, the Firm, recently quit after representing the singer for little over a month.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/...ine/index.html
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spears loses custody of children

Really sad, she needs to get her life back on track now. I have a feeling it could go the opposite way though and things will get worse.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

looks like they didnt leave her alone even after this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Spears needs to sort herself out. For the moment that's the better decision though Federline isn't that great of a role model any kid should have.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #5
country flag AgassiDomination

AgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know Bilbo and Celia were one in the same.
AgassiDomination is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #6
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Haha! Charade you are
Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #7
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Another bad thing in her life. She's really going downhill.
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:34 AM   #8
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

I almost feel sorry for her. Almost.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #9
country flag mangoes
Comparisons are Odious

mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for her. Obviously, things are out of control in her life and this constant media light on her isn't helping things.

Live Life to the Fullest , Be Happy , Find Peace within Yourself ..................
Tennis Helps!!
mangoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:39 AM   #10
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

i have no sympathy for her.

She had everything and threw it all away.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:32 AM   #11
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoes View Post
I feel bad for her. Obviously, things are out of control in her life and this constant media light on her isn't helping things.
Agree.

I think the media may have had a lot more influence than it should have in this case too.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:47 AM   #12
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post

She's no different than anyone else.

You have never got yourself into a really bad situation, made some bad decisions?
(if you have was the world watching & laughing & pointing and having no sympathy?)

if not...lucky you
a lifetime is a loooong time though.

EDIT: i will say i hope she is taking some personal responsibility.
And remember therapy is fun! (i really believe that, i've done enough of it)

Last edited by partygirl : 10-02-2007 at 05:57 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #13
country flag ginnylegend
Banned!

ginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond reputeginnylegend has a reputation beyond repute

She was a sexy nymph of sheer purity in her school uniform when she first broke on the scene, and she has thrown that all away with smoking, drugs and booze. No sympathy from the ginny camp. Federline isn't exactly a brilliant role model, but he apparently does alright with his first child before he met her.
ginnylegend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #14
country flag Alx
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if that's really better for the children to live with Kevin Federline

Nicolas Massu

Fernando Gonzalez

Vince "move your butt" Spadea Les ptits potes Victor Hanescu

Alx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #15
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnylegend View Post
She was a sexy nymph of sheer purity in her school uniform when she first broke on the scene, and she has thrown that all away with smoking, drugs and booze. No sympathy from the ginny camp.
Well, I think everyone should sympathise.
A life damaged by the media and drug problems, why would people not sympathise with that?

We do not need to know about this girl's personal life, hell we have no right to. The media coverage is unnacceptable and should not be allowed. I fully understand arguments for a free press and for the most part there should be, but when they target individuals, with stories which only make things worse for the person involved, giving out private information that the general public do not need to know all in an attempt to make money, I find it morally reprehensible. What right do people have to judge this girl? None. Yet people who have had no contact with her in any way continuously do judge her because the media encourages them to.