SEMIS!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-01-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
country flag thenman

thenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond repute
Default SEMIS!!!

Amazing, Tim!
You da man.
thenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2004, 06:50 PM   #2
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SEMIS!!!

i gota appauld him

he wants it alright

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:10 PM   #3
country flag BaselineSmash

BaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond reputeBaselineSmash has a reputation beyond repute

What did Henman just do? He played a la the first set against Ferrero last year, only this time...he did not relent. Wonderful stuff. Rather unreal feeling, actually.
BaselineSmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:13 PM   #4
country flag thenman

thenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond reputethenman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineSmash

What did Henman just do? He played a la the first set against Ferrero last year, only this time...he did not relent. Wonderful stuff. Rather unreal feeling, actually.
EXACTLY what I was thinking, re: last year vs. Ferrero
I just wish they could've televised the match for us. Arghh.
Good luck vs Coria, Tim!
thenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:11 AM   #5
country flag moonlight

moonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Tim

Best of luck against Coria in the semi!
moonlight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:04 AM   #6
country flag Yonge

Yonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon Tim! Pull another trick from your sleeve please!
Yonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:38 PM   #7
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

That's just amazing. I am floored by Tim's performance at RG.

Oh, and this satirical piece is from Anorak: Keeping Tabs on the British Tabloids

England Expects

2 Jun 2004

WE are still waiting confirmation, but early reports suggest a flotilla of small craft is on its way to France.

The onboard crew, each sporting a T-shirt with a letter from the words “TIM HENMAN” on the front and back and carrying large plastic containers of lemon curd sandwiches and scones are ready to invade Paris.

We can only hope they do not arrive in time for Tim Henman’s semi-final against Guillermo Coria, the favourite to win the French Open.

Without the distraction of ten thousand fusty, middle–aged women high on HIT, Henman’s been doing rather well.

Indeed, as the Independent says, our Tim (while he’s winning, he’s always our Tim) yesterday thrashed Juan Ignacio Chela in straight sets to make it through to the last four of the French Open.

“It’s a good sense of achievement,” says Henman, “But why stop here? I feel good about my game and I am feeling in good shape. I’m ready to come her on Friday and do it all again.”

Sadly, unless there are high winds and a perilous sea, Tim will have the added pressure of his legion of fans chanting his name like a gang of overgrown girl guides.

We suggest he equip his game with earplugs and blinkers.

And its good Henman is going well since England’s football team have had it. What earlier in the week was a terrific England team destined to win Euro 2004 is now a ragtag bag of losers-in-waiting.

The Sun (“EU’RE IN TROUBLE”) has seen England’s 1-1 draw with the mighty Japan and noted that just 12 days before the big match against France, England are in the mire.

“Hands up who thinks we are going to win it now?” asks the Sun’s Shaun Curtis.

David James puts his hand up - and takes his eye of the ball. Japan’s Shinji Ono’s duly nutmegs the England ‘keeper to equalise Michael Owen’s 22nd-mite strike.

Having seen the game and read the reports, it’s hard to argue with the assertion that England must do better if they are to win the summer’s tournament.

And if, as the Telegraph’s Henry Winter says, England yield as much space to Franca as they did to Japan, Zinedine Zidane will “have a ball”. Indeed, he’ll probably be allowed to keep it – for 90 minutes.

Hands up who thinks he can win
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 06-02-2004 at 06:00 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:04 PM   #8
country flag a_box_of_ariel

a_box_of_ariel is an unknown quantity at this point

My hands are up C'mon Tim !
a_box_of_ariel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 05:22 AM   #9
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute

He has surprised everybody for sure. But I think it will be a tough chance against Coria. If he comes out victorious, it would be great. But I believe it will be very,very,very tough for him.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:46 AM   #10
country flag Santorofan

Santorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond reputeSantorofan has a reputation beyond repute

With Guga out, I'm pulling for Tim....time to take Coria out
Old 06-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #11
country flag budikovac

budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac

He has no chance against Coria on clay!

It's SAD but TRUE!
budikovac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:18 AM   #12
country flag Yonge

Yonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by budikovac
He has no chance against Coria on clay!

It's SAD but TRUE!
Remind me again about the chances of Verkerk beating Coria last year in the semi?
Old 06-04-2004, 09:34 AM   #13
country flag budikovac

budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac budikovac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonge
Remind me again about the chances of Verkerk beating Coria last year in the semi?
I remind you that Coria is now twice better than last year, last year he was no favorite to win the tittle, now he has 36W 1L on clay! Plus Verkerk prefers clay over hard court's or grass, strange but he sad it himself!

...but i think Henman has the biggest chance of beating Coria than anybody else, cause Coria is unbeatable from the back of the court. The only way to beat him is to shorten the points by going to the net and who's the best at the net... HENMAN!
Old 06-04-2004, 04:53 PM   #14
country flag Yonge

Quote:
Originally Posted by budikovac
I remind you that Coria is now twice better than last year, last year he was no favorite to win the tittle, now he has 36W 1L on clay! Plus Verkerk prefers clay over hard court's or grass, strange but he sad it himself!

...but i think Henman has the biggest chance of beating Coria than anybody else, cause Coria is unbeatable from the back of the court. The only way to beat him is to shorten the points by going to the net and who's the best at the net... HENMAN!
So Henman had a chance then? In fact he took a set off of Coria. He still lost though.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:31 PM   #15
country flag JuanChuffy007

JuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad, but he played very very well! Expecially the comeback, 4th set!

Hope he'll do great at Wimbledon!