The "Slip-Sliding to Spain to Try Their Best" 2008 Davis Cup Thread!! - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #796
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Slip-Sliding to Spain to Try Their Best" 2008 Davis Cup Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytta!. View Post
Honey, I would NEVER leave the planning to Marty. First, because he's not my husband (HA!!). Second, because he's a man and men cannot plan anything, they can barely know the meaning of wedding. And oh, the outfits... Welllllllllll.

I love you by the way. (:
you are so right....

Love you too

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #797
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Slip-Sliding to Spain to Try Their Best" 2008 Davis Cup Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson View Post
How funny, a bunch of losers showing up for the wed.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #798
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaillyyy View Post
you are so right....

Love you too
Thank you. (:
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 AM   #799
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

PMac's Madrid blog

Entry No. 1 -- Tuesday, Sept. 16

Welcome back, Davis Cup fans, to what should be another fantastic series against Spain. We played Spain last year in Winston-Salem, N.C., and were victorious, but this is a totally different situation. Rafael Nadal is back in a Spanish uniform, and our hosts have made the conditions as difficult as possible. We’re playing on red clay in front of over 21,000 fans in the middle of a bullfighting ring in Madrid!

As most of you know, Andy and I worked together recently at the US Open. We’ve always gotten along well, and I think we respected each other. We didn’t always agree on everything, but it was fun for me to be there with him at the Open and try to help him. I thought he came around and had a pretty good tournament and played well. So I think he feels pretty good about where his game’s at. I’ll always be there to help him when he needs it. Obviously, it would be tough for me to be his full-time coach, but we had a few good weeks together, and we’re sort of continuing it here.

Meanwhile, James has had a rough summer. He played a lot of tennis, and I think he was just honest with me, which is all you can ask of your players. He just said to me, ‘Listen, I just don’t think I’m the best guy to go over there. I’m physically and mentally spent.’ When you hear that from one of your guys, you just have to respect him for being honest and tell him that you understand.

But at the same time, I’ve told the guys since I took this job that I want the guys who want to be there, and obviously James has done that over the years. James looked at himself in the mirror and knew that he had done a bunch of traveling and played a ton of tennis. I think you could even say that at the Open he was a little bit spent. To come over here, he knew that he was going to have to be physically ready to play on clay and that it would be difficult. This doesn’t affect the way I feel about his future on the team.

At the same time, I’m excited about Sam and Mardy being here. Mardy has been a great soldier for us. He’s been there but not playing, so this is a great opportunity for him, too.

It’s obviously going to feel different on Saturday without both of the Bryan brothers in uniform. But we’re still going to put out a real good team. As good as Bob and Mike have been, people say it’s always been an automatic point, but it’s never an automatic. You’ve got to go out there and do it and prepare and practice. We’re playing a good team, most likely, Feliciano Lopez and Fernando Verdasco. They’re excellent, playing the Bryans tough before. If it’s Mardy out there with Mike, it’s a great opportunity for them to go out there in a big match and play well. I think if Mardy can focus in on the doubles but also be available for singles in case we need him, it’ll work out quite well.

The camaraderie with this group of guys is great. The Bryans and Sam were down at Andy’s place in Austin, Texas, before they came here, playing exhibitions and practicing together.

When we found out that James and Bob definitely weren’t coming, I called Mardy, and he was great, saying whatever we needed him to do, that he’d be there and ready to step in. That makes my job a lot easier to know that the guys are willing to do whatever we’re asking them to do. Mardy has a lot of things on his plate, with the wedding coming up, so that means a lot to me and the other guys on the team.

It’s always nice to have more options. As I’ve said before, we’ve been lucky to have two great singles players and a great doubles team. Obviously, that helped us win the Cup last year. But it’s hard to do that match after match, so it’s nice to have other guys that you can call on. This weekend is a great opportunity for some of the other guys to get out there and show what they can do in this atmosphere.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #800
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

awww I'm actually starting to get a bit excited about it.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 AM   #801
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
The camaraderie with this group of guys is great. The Bryans and Sam were down at Andy’s place in Austin, Texas, before they came here, playing exhibitions and practicing together.
This is what endears the current generation of US tennis players to me. They may not have had anywhere near the on-court success of their predecessors, but their camraderie, mutual respect and friendship is magnificent.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #802
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

i totally forgot this was this weekend already until tonight and got overly excited that there would be tennis on tv.

fyi.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #803
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

Even with having no expectations of them winning anything, I am still looking forward to the tie, because I just love watching the way they interact with one another, and cheer each other on., and all seems so genuine. It's what makes me love DC so much.

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #804
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

pmac rockin the glasses again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 610x.jpg (45.1 KB, 48 views)

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 09-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #805
country flag Raina

Raina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond reputeRaina has a reputation beyond repute

are they dancing or fighting?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ea108da1-8878-4976-a493-1d663770a2a7.jpg (40.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg f7840626-e5b4-4cb8-a5a2-5425b2a30563.jpg (45.8 KB, 39 views)
Raina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #806
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

love is in the air

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #807
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

There's a little bit of Andy practising on this video, and I think Nadal is trying to teach him and Mardy some ball trick ... I don't know. It's mainly the Spanish team though.

l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #808
country flag Deboogle!.

Thanks

Old 09-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #809
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

R1 - R.NADAL (ESP) v S.QUERREY (USA)
R2 - D.FERRER (ESP) v A.RODDICK (USA)
R3 - F.LOPEZ / F.VERDASCO (ESP) v M.BRYAN / M.FISH (USA)
R4 - R.NADAL (ESP) v A.RODDICK (USA)
R5 - D.FERRER (ESP) v S.QUERREY (USA)

plus pics
(a few of them with Pics)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capt.47d81bbe6980489cb581a3c14530752b.spain_us_davis_cup_tennis_vc811.jpg (82.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg capt.b5551496c5f2429bb2ce8655b0de1202.spain_us_davis_cup_tennis_vc812.jpg (72.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg capt.f778e198c76048429c5284563bc9efb9.spain_us_davis_cup_tennis_vc813.jpg (100.5 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg capt.5f6b86427c0b42d59ab312e6fe303e18.spain_us_davis_cup_tennis_vc806.jpg (82.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg capt.9c14b762ea154a56bb5c3a75893158b1.spain_us_davis_cup_tennis_vc804.jpg (79.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg capt.62c50aa9b0154c5cbcee9a27448dfe2a.spain_us_davis_cup_tennis_vc803.jpg (80.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg capt.e18afc892be447c9b836d93871c4f3bd.spain_us_davis_cup_tennis_vc805.jpg (83.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg affa8c6a05f98f7f4d244689ff422a69-getty-tennis-davis-esp-us-roddick.jpg (194.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg capt.27c8aca93fb146319c2700c2b0bb207c.spain_us_davis_cup_tennis_vc801.jpg (73.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 0180a124764df4cc13a0e687bef5f0ad-getty-tennis-davis-cup-esp-us-draw.jpg (253.8 KB, 29 views)

Old 09-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #810
country flag Kate87

more