Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it? - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #121
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it?

Killing Me Softly was very underwhelming, especially since the director, Andrew Dominik, was the master behind The Assassination of Jesse James.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #122
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Nard View Post
Killing Me Softly was very underwhelming, especially since the director, Andrew Dominik, was the master behind The Assassination of Jesse James.
Maybe he set the bar too high then. Dominik is trying his hand at different genres though... his next film is a Marilyn Monroe biopic.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #123
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw TRANCE. It was utter crap. Like a failed rip-off of Inception and a few other films.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #124
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Maybe he set the bar too high then. Dominik is trying his hand at different genres though... his next film is a Marilyn Monroe biopic.
He's an interesting filmmaker, and I greatly look forward to the Monroe biopic. He tends to explore the concept of fame very well and captures the despair of it.. Seek Chopper if you haven't already.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #125
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Battle royale.

Shit but better tHan hunger games

Equilibrium

Great acts film. Very well done. Usual anti religion propaganda bullshit but with some excellent action scenes, even limited bale does an acceptable job
Old 05-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #126

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
I have not seen the film itself but I highly doubt that it's that good.

May I suggest:
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Solaris (the original)
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Blade Runner
- Moon

Now those are great sci-fi films.
2001- awful
Solaris. Haven't seen
Close encounters. Passable but not great
B.ade runner. Over never got into, don't get the hype. It's boring
Moon. Plan to watch soon
Old 05-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #127
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Les Misérables (2012)

I had to get used to them singing anything, but once I got into it, I loved the movie. Also loved Russell Crowe's songs, can't believe all the hate he got for his part.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #128
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
2001- awful
Solaris. Haven't seen
Moon. Plan to watch soon
I thought trolling was restricted to the GM forum.
P.S. Don't see Moon, you probably won't like it based on your post.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #129
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

The Great Gatsby
Not the most riveting story to make a film about(hadnt read the novel),first of all.
Stellar cast,but big waste of acting talent because the actual focus was cinematography.
Beautiful colourful sceneries,but misses the personal connection to the characters' fate.
Awful choice of music.
4/10

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #130
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Bullet to the Head (2012)

If you like Sly it's a must see, if not, probably better to see something else.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Watched it again after some years, really good movie, not sure why everybody was/is whining about it
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #131
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Bullet to the Head (2012)

If you like Sly it's a must see, if not, probably better to see something else.
can confirm that

all those Hoollywood action legends in non blockbuster movie = big failure
Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #132
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

last weeks watched few of those "easy for watching" actions movies

Bullet to the Head

Failure

The last stand

After watching trailers expected more from this movie, plenty of empty time wasting in it

Parker
Not bad but neither a great movie

Snitch
Good movie, worth of watching

Jack Reacher
The best on the list.

and one "serious" movie

Side effects
A good one
Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #133
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
all those Hoollywood action legends in non blockbuster movie = big failure
Dunno, I like Stallone, I don't think I watched any of his films that i didn't like, but then again, you do need to be a fan
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:31 AM   #134
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
2001- awful
Solaris. Haven't seen
Moon. Plan to watch soon
How is Blade Runner boring and 2001 awful? If you want to make such a bold statement, at least try to back it up.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #135

Mission impossible 3

Great film. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing in it, steals the show, I'm sure he inspired Heath ledgers joker as well