Juan Carlos News Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #91
jcluvva

jcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond reputejcluvva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan Carlos News Thread

Oh that's great news
Ferrero Tard #10
jcluvva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #92
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC`s rainbow View Post
I don`t know if this has been posted anywhere else already, so I just thought I write it here:
on the Stuttgart Website they`ve written that JC is already under contract to play there again this year !!

Which is FANTASTIC news for me !!!! LOL !

I "knew" if JC would come to Stuttgart once ( as he did last year ) he would come again as it`s such a nice, small tournament.
Yay I'm so happy for you

It must be exciting having a smaller tournament as the one you attend, because you're never certain what players will attend, and when they surprise you and your favourite comes it must be so great

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #93
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

David Ferrer wrote in his ATP blog on May 5 that Juanqui and Moya texted him a congratulatory message after he reached the final in Barcelona. Nice friendship they have!
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/blog/ferrer2008.asp

Also, somehow JC is quoted in this article about a conflict between the Spanish Tennis Federation and payers/DC captain Sanchez over the site of DC semifinals in September. No idea why JC was interviewd but I think he gave a very sensible reply.
http://cbs.sportsline.com/tennis/story/10815402

Spanish federation facing player rebellion in Davis Cup city selection
May 6, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

MADRID, Spain -- The selection process to determine which city will host Spain's Davis Cup semifinal series against the United States is threatening to turn into a mutiny.

The players and team captain are upset that the Spanish tennis federation appears to be ready to overlook home-court advantage in favor of sponsorship money.

Madrid is one of four cities vying to host Sept. 19-21 best-of-5 series at the Las Ventas bullring. Benidorm, Tenerife and Gijon are also trying to win the right to host the event.

The Spanish players are worried that Madrid's 1,800-foot altitude -- making it the highest capital city in Europe -- will take away its precious clay-court advantage against the defending champions.

They believe that Andy Roddick's booming serve and the hard-hitting doubles pair of Bob and Mike Bryan will be equal to the hosts despite playing on their least favorite surface.

Madrid's sudden place as the front-runner comes just about three months after the city's tourist office signed up as a key sponsor with the Davis Cup through 2010.

"What I know is that as of today it hasn't been decided where the Davis Cup semifinal will be staged," federation sporting director Javier Duarte said. "That which has the best specifics will take the semifinal."

Marca newspaper reported Tuesday that Spain captain Emilio Sanchez Vicario had sent the federation his notice of resignation because his objections to playing in Madrid had fallen on deaf ears, with Madrid already believed to be a lock.

Federation president Pedro Munoz dismissed the reports that Sanchez Vicario had resigned on Tuesday, while Duarte denied that a players rebellion was brewing.

"You have to respect that, every player and every captain has his preferences," Duarte said. "I was once captain and opinion is important. You have to listen to all sides and undertake a valuation of all information."

Juan Carlos Ferrero, who was part of the Spanish team that beat the Americans in Seville nearly four years ago for the title, said problems were brewing.

"We players want this to be solved in the best way possible, but if it has to be done the worse way, then it will be," the former top-ranked player said from the Rome Masters.

The federation will make its decision Friday, but then has several days to relay its decision to the International Tennis Federation, which is expected to announce the host city by May 13.

Benidorm's Parque Tematico Tierra Mitica, the Parque Hermanos Castro in Gijon and the Estadio Olimpico Arturo Dominguez in Tenerife are the other venues.

The slowest of all playing surfaces, clay is a more physical surface with its lengthier baseline rallies due to balls taking on heavier topspin.

Three-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal will play for Spain if is healthy. He has won 103 of his last 104 matches on clay.

Roddick lost both of his singles matches against Spain at the Stadio Olimpico in 2004 in front of a record crown of 27,200.

"I hadn't really been following that, to be honest," Roddick said from Rome on Tuesday. "There's a lot of big events between now and then ... so it's not something I think about daily."

Roddick, who trails only John McEnroe and Andre Agassi in Davis Cup wins for the United States, said he would be happy with whatever city the federation choses.

"I'm sure wherever it is it's going to be fine. It's always nice when there's interest," the sixth-ranked American said. "Any time there's that kind of attention drawn to tennis and that excitement, it's not going to be a bad thing."

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #94
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos, Juanqui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:51 AM   #95
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me about the chicken pox story?
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #96
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
Can anyone tell me about the chicken pox story?
Welcome FedFan,

JC got chicken pox in March 2004, just after arriving in Indian Wells. He had to skip IW and Miami and returned to play Davis Cup in early April and won two rubbers, but then lost to Verdasco in Valencia SF and then to Corretja in the first round of Monte Carlo where he was a two-time defending champion. He and his team concluded he needed furter recovery time from the illness and took a few weeks off.
But 2004 was not only about chicken pox. In early May, he injured his rib badly during a practice and was far from being fit to play when RG started. He insisted to play to defend the title, but it was almost a miracle he didn't lose to Haas in the first round, he just couldn't raise his arm to serve. Then he lost to Andreev in the second round.
Even in January, he had back and abductor problems during AO. He reached semi there but was not at his best when he played Federer in SF. He also had a minor wrist injury later in the year. 2004 was just Anno Horribilis for JC and his fans. None of the injuries/illnesses kept him out for many months, but he got many physical setbacks one after another. Chicken pox definitely weakened his immune system, but IMHO the worst one was the rib injury because after that the way he swung the racket changed and the bite was gone from his FH. His steps also became significantly slower in 2004 after all the problems and that I think lasted for more than two years.

It's just that in 2003 he player too much tennis and it took its toll. He reached two GS finlas, winning one, he played TMC and player four Davis Cup ties including the finals in December in Australia. He also reached No. 1 and had more committments to do than ever before.

But this year he's been playing some of his best tennis in a whlie. I hope he can capitalise on the amazing play he showed us yesterday!

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 05-08-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:58 AM   #97
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
Welcome FedFan,

JC got chicken pox in March 2004, just after arriving in Indian Wells. He had to skip IW and Miami and returned to play Davis Cup in early April and won two rubbers, but then lost to Verdasco in Valencia SF and then to Corretja in the first round of Monte Carlo where he was a two-time defending champion. He and his team concluded he needed furter recovery time from the illness and took a few weeks off.
But 2004 was not only about chicken pox. In early May, he injured his rib badly during a practice and was far from being fit to play when RG started. He insisted to play to defend the title, but it was almost a miracle he didn't lose to Haas in the first round, he just couldn't raise his arm to serve. Then he lost to Andreev in the second round.
Even in January, he had back and abductor problems during AO. He reached semi there but was not at his best when he played Federer in SF. He also had a minor wrist injury later in the year. 2004 was just Anno Horribilis for JC and his fans. None of the injuries/illnesses kept him out for many months, but he got many physical setbacks one after another. Chicken pox definitely weakened his immune system, but IMHO the worst one was the rib injury because after that the way he swung the racket changed and the bite was gone from his FH. His steps also became significantly slower in 2004 after all the problems and that I think lasted for more than two years.

It's just that in 2003 he player too much tennis and it took its toll. He reached two GS finlas, winning one, he played TMC and player four Davis Cup ties including the finals in December in Australia. He also reached No. 1 and had more committments to do than ever before.

But this year he's been playing some of his best tennis in a whlie. I hope he can capitalise on the amazing play he showed us yesterday!
Thanks for sharing that !

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #98
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_16448.shtml

Quote:
Water needed for farmers - and a golf course

The President of the Villena farmers is part of a project to build 1,200 homes and a golf course.
The man who has been leading the demands for water transfers for the Alicante area from the Ebro and Júcar rivers, the President of one of the farmers associations, Andrés Martínez, has revealed plans to build a golf course and chalets in the Villena area.

El País reveals his plans to build as many as 1,200 homes and says the project has already been approved by the local town hall.

The land involved is mostly owned by the tennis player, Juan Carlos Ferrero, and the project is being promoted by Prosport Golf, a company 50% owned by the Horfres company and 50% by the tennis player. Ferrero has also taken part in demonstrations demanding water transfers for the region from the Ebro river.

Local group ‘Xúquer Viu’ – Júcar lives – has questioned Andres Martínez for demanding water for farmers on the one hand, and planning a golf course on the other, accusing him of defending personal interests ahead of those of agriculture in the area.

The Regantes de Villena also caused controversy last week after reaching a deal to sell water to the Danone multimational company for a water bottling plant. 0.2 cubic hectometres is to be sold annually for 240,000 €.

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #99
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Naughty Juan Carlos, I hope he isn't becoming a money grabbing man

This week Juan Carlos is at home

Me:I would love Bromamce to have babies together they would be sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

Marleen:

Marleen, Meesh and Leigh are.......Juanie's Angels
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:40 AM   #100
country flag *bunny*

Well it's not clear whether JC is involved in all this just by reading this article alone. He just happens to own the land and half of the golf company. Maybe someone around him (Antonio or his dad?) has financially astute mind and recommended him to buy those things for future investment. Quite a few tennis players own real estate for the time after they retire, so it comes hardly as a surprise.
That said, I hope there will be peaceful agreement for all the parties involved.

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #101

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Goddess View Post
Naughty Juan Carlos, I hope he isn't becoming a money grabbing man
Don't worry. This is the first I've heard of this, but to me it sounds as if he's trying to do good for the townspeople, by supporting them gaining water. I don't think it's bad on his part at all. Saying that, I know nothing about this issue, so I'm probably wrong, but don't be sad until we know whats going on

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Old 05-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #102
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Juanqui is very civic-minded and he has put a lot back into his own community, which is exemplary for a young athlete! He's planning very wisely for his future -- and we all know how short a career you have as a tennis player -- what other player his age or older has provided for the rest of his life? Smart guy, that Juanqui! I think he's just setting things up for later on... on and off the court. Sort of his last hurrah...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88 View Post
Sort of his last hurrah...
Aww please don't say that

But other than that I agree with everything you said.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #104
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it sound like he is going to die!!

This week Juan Carlos is at home

Me:I would love Bromamce to have babies together they would be sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

Marleen:

Marleen, Meesh and Leigh are.......Juanie's Angels
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #105
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_16502.shtml

Quote:
Tennis row continues in Spain
By h.b. - May 15, 2008 - 7:20 AM

The players want to see the President of the Spanish Tennis Federation, RFET, Pedro Muñoz, replaced.
Top Spanish tennis players have sent a second letter of complaint to the President of the Spanish Tennis Federation, RFET, Pedro Muñoz. The letter has a harsher tone than one sent last week, and accuses Muñoz of tricking, persecuting and threatening the players and their coaches.

The row came to the service over the choice of venue for the semi-finals of the Davis Cup, with the Federation imposing their choice of Madrid, against the players’ wish to play at sea level.

The new letter is signed by Rafael Nadal, Juan Carlos Ferrero, David Ferrer, Carlos Moyá, Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano López, Nicolás Almagro and Tommy Robredo, and includes the SMS text messages which have been sent to them by the Federation President. The players say that while he remains in the job they will not take part in any promotional event, and were sad at what had been happening in the middle of this season.

They underline their commitment to represent Spain in the Davis Cup however.

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote