World Group Play-offs: Chile at Israel (September 21-23, 2008) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
country flag Shahar26

Shahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Group Play-offs: Chile at Israel (September 21-23, 2008)

Will Israel be able to pull it off???

It's still a long way out, and seems a bit of a long shot to be honest (when is the last time someone from Israel made the final of a GS..)

But, the game is in Israel and hopefully the home supporters will inspire the players to excel....

Good Luck

Live stream at http://www.sport5.co.il/Articles/Article.411.25561.html

Just click on the picture....

MathLessons.com - When the numbers don't add up

Last edited by Shahar26 : 09-20-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Shahar26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
country flag Forever-Delayed

Forever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond reputeForever-Delayed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Israel Vs Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahar26 View Post
Will Israel be able to pull it off???

It's still a long way out, and seems a bit of a long shot to be honest (when is the last time someone from Israel made the final of a GS..)

But, the game is in Israel and hopefully the home supporters will inspire the players to excel....

Good Luck
Israel will lose... unless they play on grass (are there any good grass courts in Isreal though, and will they be tempted to try it???)

On grass, Erlich and Ram would be certainties to win, and Massu and Gonzalez aren't that great on grass, and it would give Okun and Sela a chance to steal 2 rubbers from them, or even play Ram and hope his serve and volley game puts them under enough pressure
Forever-Delayed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
country flag ClaudiuS

ClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond repute

Gonzalez is the best player in the Tie (no doubt about that!!), even if the tie is played on Grass...
He reached QF of Wimbledon (losing to Federer). And gives Chile a massive advantage against Sela and Okun.. and Massu can always be a tough player to beat and he is also a great fighter, you just have to remember Athens 2004!

The doubles is whole different ball game ( Erlich/Ram) So I think probably that Chile, will not play his full chances on this one, and save it all to the Singles rubbers.

Asi que Fuerza Chile!!

So.. I predict a 4-1 for Chile and a happy comeback to the World Group.
ClaudiuS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #4
country flag saras 21

saras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond repute

Massu almost lost to Andy Ram in singles two years ago.
Don't forget that the Israeli crowd is one of the best in the world, and Chile will have tough time. There is a possibility that the tie will take place in Nokia Arena, where Maccabi TA basketball team plays.
saras 21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
country flag krakenzero

krakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond repute

Capdeville should play instead of Massú in a fast court...
krakenzero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #6
country flag Alonsofz

Alonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond repute

Chile can win without González & Massú (sorry for Israelian guys).

Maybe Israel could win the doubles, but they will lose all singles .-

If you like tennis and speak spanish enter here!
Alonsofz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
country flag Shahar26

Shahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsofz View Post
Chile can win without González & Massú (sorry for Israelian guys).
I think its the first time I see someone say (or write) Israelian......

I guess you're not the only one to make that mistake though

Google: Results 1 - 100 of about 395,000 for Israelian. (some of them are referring to a name though)

But they also say "Did you mean: Israeli?"

MathLessons.com - When the numbers don't add up
Shahar26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
country flag Alonsofz

Alonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahar26 View Post
I think its the first time I see someone say (or write) Israelian......

I guess you're not the only one to make that mistake though

Google: Results 1 - 100 of about 395,000 for Israelian. (some of them are referring to a name though)

But they also say "Did you mean: Israeli?"
Yes... I thought that it was Israelian, but everyone can be wrong, or not?

-----

VAMOS CHILE!

If you like tennis and speak spanish enter here!
Alonsofz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #9
country flag ClaudiuS

ClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiuS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that the crowd can be a decisive point in the Tie.
Gonzalez, Massu and Capdeville can pull through without any troubles... I hope...well except the doubles, because they're facing Erlich/Ram.

But Gonzalez beat Blake on grass, playing in the United States on DC, He has also beat Youzhny in Moscow on Hardcourt on the World Group. And played a 5 sets match against Safin in almost 4 hours of breathtaking Tennis in Moscow...

Now tell me if Andy Ram or Dudi Sela, can take even 1 set from Safin playing DC in Moscow!!

And Chile is also 2 times Champions of the ARAG World Team Cup played in Düsseldorf where they have faced Germany and beated them really easy on home soil...
And also Olympic Champions in Singles and Doubles.
So watch out!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #10
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

hey alonsofz take care man... step by step (paso a paso)

really do you think that we can win that tie without the olympic duo??? i dont think so... we need our better players to win that tie...

Capdeville IN for Massu????? no way, even Garcia is playing better than Paul right now, let's see what happens in september...

VAMOS CHILENOS QUE TENEMOS QUE GANAR!!!!!!

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #11
country flag ClaudiuS

"Los dioses del Olimpo estan con los Chilenos, vamos Feña, vamos Nico, la gloria esta a unos pasos, vamos Chile que se puede,
Paso a Paso, punto a punto, poco a poco"

Fernando "El Llorón" Sobalaprieta
Old 04-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #12
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltmann_89 View Post
"Los dioses del Olimpo estan con los Chilenos, vamos Feńa, vamos Nico, la gloria esta a unos pasos, vamos Chile que se puede,
Paso a Paso, punto a punto, poco a poco"

Fernando "El Llorón" Sobalaprieta

"Grande gioccatore"

Patricio "Corazon de chileno" Cornejo

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #13
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

Israel will pull this one.

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #14
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Israel are the underdogs bigtime. Wouldn't mind being wrong though
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #15
country flag saras 21

saras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond reputesaras 21 has a reputation beyond repute

QUOTE]Chile can win without González & Massú (sorry for Israelian guys).

Maybe Israel could win the doubles, but they will lose all singles .-[/quote]

Without both of them you have no chance. Let's say that if Gonzales will not come Chile is in very bad situation. Ask the basketball fans here to tell you what an Israeli crowd is. The tennis crowd here is a bit different but similiar.
Capdeviile, Garcia and even Massu will have hard time vs Dudi and Noam.
I can say to Chilian members here that there is no chance that to tie will be played on Grass, because we don't have any
saras 21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote