Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea's manager - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #91
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea's manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows
Trap's failure was only with the national team
reminds me of the game vs Korea in 02 old Trapp punching the bench

loved it when the Italian club sacked the guy who scored the winner as well

Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #92
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

The 3 favourites heading into that 2002 World Cup were (in no particular order) Argentina, France and Italy and all 3 of them badly underachieved at that tournament. Didn't Vieri miss a couple of incredibly easy chances in that South Korea match? While his left foot was deadly, his right foot was always very dodgy.
Most people (me included) were writing off Brazil and Germany I remember.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #93
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
reminds me of the game vs Korea in 02 old Trapp punching the bench

loved it when the Italian club sacked the guy who scored the winner as well

Gaucci, he was the president of Perugia that time

what a guy he was, he was staying in some caribbean sea when his sons were on court (maybe made some days of prison as well) for some problems with HIS properties

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #94
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

The Trapp has one of the funniest videos of all time where he goes off as Bayern manager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqp64q7kHmw

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #95
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
The 3 favourites heading into that 2002 World Cup were (in no particular order) Argentina, France and Italy and all 3 of them badly underachieved at that tournament. Didn't Vieri miss a couple of incredibly easy chances in that South Korea match? While his left foot was deadly, his right foot was always very dodgy.
yup, he missed one shot from 2 meters like 5 minutes from the end of regular time

Quote:
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #96
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Gaucci was a nut job. He signed Saadi Al Gaddafi for Perugia and wanted to sign Hannah Ljungberg but wasn't allowed to. He was very entertaining.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #97
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
The Trapp has one of the funniest videos of all time where he goes off as Bayern manager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqp64q7kHmw
the full length version can be found here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1RwOE0VTc

without subtitles unfortunately

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #98
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Gaucci was a nut job. He signed Saadi Al Gaddafi for Perugia and wanted to sign Hannah Ljungberg but wasn't allowed to. He was very entertaining.
haha, i had forgotten about that swedish chick

did Gaddafi score any goal in those few minutes he played?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #99
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

another funny thing about the Trapp's video is that 'Strunz' means 'piece of shit' in italian dialect

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #100
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
haha, i had forgotten about that swedish chick

did Gaddafi score any goal in those few minutes he played?
I don't think he did. He was even worse than initially feared .
That Ahn Jung-Hwan saga after the World Cup was hilarious.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #101
country flag LeChuck

Thanks for posting that Trapp video. Brilliant stuff.
Speaking of great managers, Lippi has won the biggest trophy in club football, the champions league, with Juve in 1996, and the biggest trophy in international football (or football in general), the world cup, with Italy last year. There can't be too many managers who can boast such an achievement on their CVs.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #102
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

There a few nutty owners and this guy in Spain called Dmitry Pietrman what a classic he was. He had no clue in football and thought he could run the team like Championship Manager. He used to own Alaves and Santander.

http://news.fiestasiesta.com/ne-id_238.html

Football crazy
Source: Times Online Sunday 17 December 2006
An eccentric millionaire who likes to go shopping for Spanish football clubs has caused untold chaos on and off the field.

This being takeover season in the Premiership, here is a cautionary tale from Spain. It is cast in a way that may be familiar to supporters of Chelsea, Portsmouth or Hearts, because it stars a businessman born behind the Iron Curtain, who grew up under communism and fell in love with capitalism. It has a storyline fans of Manchester United or Aston Villa may recognise: about a man who made millions of dollars in America and thought football clubs might make even more in Europe.

Dimitry Piterman is not Randy Lerner, Malcom Glazer or Roman Abramovich: there is no record of them having posed naked in glossy magazines. He is not Mohamed al-Fayed, though Piterman has been known to speak with a coarse tongue. When he last took a team to Real Madrid's Bernabeu stadium he described Madrid’s Brazilians as clowns. Politicians he has battled with have been drunks; the football authorities are struck dead by fear. And these are just the insults we can publish.

Like Lerner, Abramovich, al-Fayed and Glazer, Piterman is an outsider, one of very few non-native Spaniards holding the presidency of a club in La Liga. This being football, the fact of his foreignness is made conspicuous, as is his habit of taking over clubs with which he has no long-term association or affection. But Piterman would be conspicuous anyway. He is notorious around the city of Vitoria, legislative capital of the Basque country. Last weekend, protests against him by fans of Alaves caused their fixture to be delayed for several minutes. Last season, 4,500 of them marched through the city chanting “Dimitry kanpora” It means, in Basque, “Dimitry, get out.” Mention of his name also raises voices in anger in Santander, just up from Vitoria on Spanish northern coast. Three years ago he held the position of club president at Racing Santander, having bought a 25% share in the club and promised to buy enough to take a majority stake. That he never quite managed, but in the short time Piterman held power, he was president and made himself head coach, too. Alaves are the third Spanish club in which he has held a controlling interest. At the first, Palamos, of the regional second division, he also installed himself as head coach.

Piterman has been picking the team, and setting out tactics at Alaves for much of the two and a half years since he bought into a club with a bit of fresh romance about them. In 2001, they reached the Uefa Cup final and, with Liverpool, made it one of the more dramatic and entertaining big-audience matches of the past 10 years, Liverpool winning 5-4 after extra time. Alas, Alaves were relegated from Spanish top flight a couple of seasons later. Then Piterman arrived, and they regained their place in the top flight, but briefly. They went straight back down last May after Piterman went through three coaches in his first six months in charge, elbowing all of them aside to deliver team talks, decide on strategy, and generally act as manager. Piterman is confrontational. When he first decided that to boss Racing successfully he would need to take charge from the bench, he ran into trouble. In Spain, unlike in England, it is obligatory to have trained and sat examinations for some six years to qualify as a senior head coach.

Piterman lacked the certificates. He was not allowed to spend matches in the technical area. So what does he do? He gets himself accredited as a photographer, wears a snappers fluorescent bib, sits on a chair at the end of the Racing bench, names an old pal Chuchi Cos, as official coach, and barks all the orders. And he makes a big play of having found a loophole in the system.

Piterman seems vain. One spin-off of his notoriety at Racing would be an invitation to pose nude for the magazine Interviu. His modesty, if that is the word, was protected by a small blackboard, with tactical diagrams chalked on to it. Granted, the pictures show a man in good shape. Piterman is only 42 and a sportsman. Sport first brought him to Spain. The son of Ukrainian immigrants who moved to California when Dmitry was 13, he earned a place at Berkeley university. He never graduated, the business of developing property having drawn him from his studies, though not from his athletics.

He had talent for the triple jump and was good enough to have a chance of making the 1992 US Olympic team. So he came to Spain to prepare, and to extend his construction empire into the Costa Brava at the same time. He reckons only unusually high standards and small fluctuations of form at the US Olympic trials kept him out of the Barcelona Games.

Why has he been hopping, skipping and jumping from club to club in La Liga? Like all the modern takeover caliphs, Piterman says he believes in the profitability of football clubs and sees in La Liga a far more fluid, dynamic turnover of success than, say, the Premiership. He has a point. In the past six years, 10 different Spanish clubs have finished in the top four of La Liga, in positions to access the vast income of the Champions League.

In the same period, only five different English clubs have qualified for the competition. The downside of the comparison is domestic revenues, divided unequally in Spain, where clubs such as Barcelona and Real Madrid negotiate their television deals independently. In England, the base principle of collective rights deals means the lowest Premiership club will probably earn more from TV next season than, say, Deportivo La Coruna.

Spanish fabled institutions, such as Barca and Madrid, cannot be bought, because the clubs members and fans elect their presidents. But Piterman saw an opening in the next tier. He argues Alaves could one day win La Liga, and that its president wants to be hands-on and should be permitted to sit pitch side. He likes to play the heretic: Galileo said the earth revolved around the sun and they nearly burnt him, he told El Pais. He likes to cite Bill Gates, too. He champions the American model for organising professional sport to the point of suggesting football leagues might do away with relegation.

That would suit Alaves, who went to Ejido last night only three points above the Segunda A drop zone, not really where a squad containing a smattering of internationals, such as the Australian World Cup striker John Aloisi, should expect to squat. That may be the least of Piterman’s problems. The local government has threatened to suspend subsidies to the club, worth around Ä1m (£670,00)) a season, because of his management. The players have just held a press conference in support of the defender Lluis Carreras, who described a Piterman altercation with him, in a full dressing-room, as humiliating. The president-cum-coach has since suspended Carreras and fined him two weeks wages. Legal action between the two has been threatened.

“Dmitry kanpora!”. At Alavesí Estadio Mendizorroza, it is a chant they will hear more: ìDmitry Out!î But if Piterman goes, it may only be to relocate. He says that he had offers from half a dozen middle-ranking Spanish clubs last time he was without a presidency, a coaching job, and a set of mercenaries. The urge for a takeover can take a man over, again and again.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #103
country flag LeChuck

Wow posing in the nude, getting accredited as a photographer so he could enter the technical area, that guy sounds hilarious. Characters like him also make the sport of football more entertaining/
One of the few examples where the owner was picking the team, and did a good job, was Bernard Tapie at Marseille. Of course he proceeded to undo all of his good work with that whole match fixing scandal against Valenciennes in 1993.
Jesus Gil at Atletico Madrid was also a highly controversial figure.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #104
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Tapie what a corrupt guy he was. He had his hands in everything. I think he had something to do with Adidas, he was a singer, actor, politician and fixer for Marseille.

Jesus Gil was an arsehole, but very quotable.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #105
country flag LeChuck

I bet the Atletico fans absolutely loved Gil for completely scrapping the club's youth policy, and allowing Raul to leave for Real Madrid.