Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea's manager - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #76
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea's manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
League titles are the pinnacle because the best team over a course of a season wins it and that's what United have done in the 90s and twice this decade. Liverpool 04-05 proved that rubbish teams can win European Cups by playing siege football and playing for penalties, whilst Mourinho's Porto weren't a brilliant team but they somehow got through to play the mighty Monaco and win.

League over European Cup any day and I don't support Man Utd.
Wrong, when Forest won the European Cup it was a proper event, not a Mickey Mouse hybrid format. Man Ure always had stars, Forest didn't.

This when England had the best overall depth in both leagues.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #77
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
Wrong, when Forest won the European Cup it was a proper event, not a Mickey Mouse hybrid format. Man Ure always had stars, Forest didn't.

This when England had the best overall depth in both leagues.
True, Forest winning it was an incredible achievement without the ££££ spent nowadays and he took them from the division below to this success.

Legend of the game and just about the only thing Forest and Derby fans could agree on.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #78
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
True, Forest winning it was an incredible achievement without the ££££ spent nowadays and he took them from the division below to this success.

Legend of the game and just about the only thing Forest and Derby fans could agree on.
Too bad that format isn't going today, but such is life and he did very well with a team that weren't great as individuals.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #79
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassaskadad
Here is a great quote from the late Brian Clough about Taggart.

"He doesn't have two of what I have and I don't mean balls".
beauty

what a time of football that was, even Aston Villa won the European Cup.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #80
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
beauty

what a time of football that was, even Aston Villa won the European Cup.
When Gary Shaw plays in a winning Euro cup team, then it has to be good. At the same time Dugarry played on a winning World Cup team.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #81
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

I still remember the 1993 Marseille team with Basil Boli (and a Barthez with hair in goal) that pipped Rangers, amazingly, to the final Vs AC Milan... then scoring the winner in the final and eclipsing his previous best career moment - head butting Stuart Pearce in the 92 euro's and getting away with it scott free
Old 10-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #82
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Brian clough rocked and I think that Nottingham Forest winning back to back European cup titles from 1979-1980 is the most impressive achievement by an English club, given the size of the club, budget etc.
It is quite interesting that since the champions league format was introduced in 1992/93, no team has successfully defended their title in the competition. In the 90s, Milan, Ajax and Juve all won the tournament one year before losing in the final the next.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #83
Banned!

I was always wondering if any coach has ever won the 3 big european cups (European Cup, UEFA Cup and the old Cup-Winners cup)

??
Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #84
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I know Cruyff won the European Cup and Cup Winners Cup as a manager, but never the UEFA Cup.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #85
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about that. It will be interesting to find out if anyone has.
It is quite funny that Arsene Wenger has never won a European trophy as a manager, and has he been a runner-up in all 3 of those competitions, the cup winners' cup in 1992 with Monaco, and the UEFA Cup in 2000 and champions league in 2006 with Arsenal.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #86
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Maybe the Trapp has done it.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #87
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Yes, Giovanni Trappatoni has done the deed.

With Juvenuts he won.

European Cup :Winner: 1984-85.
Cup Winners' Cup :Winner: 1983-84.
UEFA Cup :Winner: 1976-77, 1992-93.
European Super Cup :Winner: 1984.
Intercontinental Cup :Winner: 1985.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 10-02-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #88
country flag LeChuck

The Trap also won a 3rd UEFA Cup title, with Inter in 1991 I think.
Wow the fact that he won every single major competition with Juve is very impressive.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #89
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Trap's failure was only with the national team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #90
Banned!

What a man, the old Trapp

and over 3 decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck
It is quite funny that Arsene Wenger has never won a European trophy as a manager, and has he been a runner-up in all 3 of those competitions, the cup winners' cup in 1992 with Monaco, and the UEFA Cup in 2000 and champions league in 2006 with Arsenal.
haha, poor old voyeur Wenger..

the Montgomerie of managers.