Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea's manager - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #61
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea's manager

Replacing one of the best managers in world football with a guy who doesn't have the necessary UEFA qualifications, and hasn't managed outside of Israel before, was just pure madness from Abramovich.
It's not quite on the same scale of course, but the Chelsea fans must be even more pissed off than the Hearts fans were, when Vladimir Romanov replaced a very good manager in George Burley, with the useless Graham Rix, who was offered the managerial role at the English non-league team Crawley Town, only a few days before taking the Hearts job.
A lot of Man U fans I've spoken to want Mourinho to become the next manager at Man Utd, whenever Ferguson does get round to retiring.
What Mourinho did in Portugal was amazing. At the tiny club Uniao de Leira, he led them to their highest ever league finish, 5th place, in 2000/2001 (and above Benfica as well). In the next season, he guided them to 3rd place in the league half way into the season, before taking the Porto job in January 2002. Porto were out of the European qualification places when he took over, but after an excellent end to the season they finished 3rd, and since then the trophies have come thick and fast for Mourinho.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #62
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Abramo is just playing FIFA 08, only without control pads.

btw.. anyone notice he's banging Safin's ex burd, that Dasha burd.

she's ok, but nothing special must be a russian thing.

Quote:
A lot of Man U fans I've spoken to want Mourinho to become the next manager at Man Utd, whenever Ferguson does get round to retiring.
Bollocks.

and Fergie will die on the touchline before he let that happen.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #63
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Bollocks.

and Fergie will die on the touchline before he let that happen.
Fergie and Jose actually quite like each other. They have their common dislike of Wenger to bring them closer together
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #64
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeegee!. View Post
Fergie and Jose actually quite like each other. They have their common dislike of Wenger to bring them closer together
Agreed. Mourinho hated Benitez and Wenger, but he liked and respected Ferguson a lot, and the feeling was definately mutual. I bet that Ferguson would be pleased if Mourinho was his successor.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #65
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree that Fergie and Mourinho liked each other....

the most astute view i heard from anyone was Benetiz when he said Jose is your friend when he wins not when you beat him, or words to that effect.

remember what Mourinho was like when Porto beat Man U, mocking Fergie and last season Fegie said legal action should be taken against him for his comments about Ronaldo and his 'common' family ...
and Jose started mocking him again when Sir Govan slagged of the F.A for making Spuds plays Chelsea a couple of days after the spuds played UEFA game vs seville.

is some respect between them but big time winners never really like their enemy/rivals.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #66
country flag LeChuck

At the community shield this year, Ferguson and Mourinho seemed very pally indeed. Both managers, the fiercely competitive people that they are, rarely chat as much to the opposing manager as they did that day. Ferguson praised Mourinho on numerous occasions last season for how gracious he was in defeat after Chelsea were beaten to the title.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #67
Banned!

That was Charity Shield though Le chuck, think they'd be like that in a Eurooean Cup final?

and Jose needed to put a brave face on after bragging all year that Unt didnt take full advantage of Chelsea's 'Nov-Feb' bad form, yet still lost the league anyway.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #68
country flag LeChuck

True but when Man Utd played Chelsea and Liverpool in the 2000 and 2001 charity/community shield matches, Ferguson was never that friendly with Vialli and Houllier, two managers who he never really had a problem with at all.
Mourinho mouthed off before the two champions league semi-finals against Liverpool in 2005 and 2007, and never had any problem moaning and whinging after both ties, so if he felt particularly resentful towards Ferguson at the end of last season, I'm sure that he would have let everyone know about it.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #69
Banned!

Mourinho finds it easy to mouth off against managers he has something on........... with Wenger - he never won the European Cup, with Benetiz - he never won 2 league titles in his first two seasons like 'the special one' did.

he has nothing on Fergie.... he was the subordinent one.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #70
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Mourinho and Fergie play mind games with each other, but I remember hearing about the fact they speak regularly on the phone and actually have a very good relationship. They obviously have a lot of respect for each other if nothing else.

Shevchenko has really come to life since Jose left quite possibly one of the worst footballing buys in the history of the game. Absolute daylight robbery from Milan, he was a superb player in his day but he can barely move anymore and I'm pretty sure they knew it.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:51 AM   #71
Banned!

But big Abramo wanted him in his PS2 eleven...

that is a good idea for a thread, if we could all pick our best fantasy 11 of current football.... and subs
Old 10-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #72
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

Robbo would surely have to be the keeper :retard:
Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #73
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Mourinho finds it easy to mouth off against managers he has something on........... with Wenger - he never won the European Cup, with Benetiz - he never won 2 league titles in his first two seasons like 'the special one' did.

he has nothing on Fergie.... he was the subordinent one.
Here is a great quote from the late Brian Clough about Taggart.

"He doesn't have two of what I have and I don't mean balls".

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #74
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayoMassa skadad View Post
Here is a great quote from the late Brian Clough about Taggart.

"He doesn't have two of what I have and I don't mean balls".
League titles are the pinnacle because the best team over a course of a season wins it and that's what United have done in the 90s and twice this decade. Liverpool 04-05 proved that rubbish teams can win European Cups by playing siege football and playing for penalties, whilst Mourinho's Porto weren't a brilliant team but they somehow got through to play the mighty Monaco and win.

League over European Cup any day and I don't support Man Utd.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #75
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeegee!. View Post
Mourinho and Fergie play mind games with each other, but I remember hearing about the fact they speak regularly on the phone and actually have a very good relationship. They obviously have a lot of respect for each other if nothing else.

Shevchenko has really come to life since Jose left quite possibly one of the worst footballing buys in the history of the game. Absolute daylight robbery from Milan, he was a superb player in his day but he can barely move anymore and I'm pretty sure they knew it.
£30million for a past it can't run player, whose great stock in the game has taken a knock from his time at Chelsea.

Juan Veron bought for the same price was slated for being an alleged flop at Old Trafford, but his European performances were very good and in 2002-03 he played a big part in their title success.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote