Roger adds Estoril to his schedule for 2008. Will it help him for RG? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
country flag Eden
#Hopp Suisse

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roger adds Estoril to his schedule for 2008. Will it help him for RG?

I'm sure most of you have heard the news that Roger has added the tournament of Estoril for his schedule in 2008. This means that he wants to play 4 claycourt tournaments as preparation for Roland Garros.

What do you think about his decision? Will it help him for beating Nadal in Paris?
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #2
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger adds Estoril to his schedule for 2008. Will it help him for RG?

I don't know, I just hope he will not be too tired.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #3
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger adds Estoril to his schedule for 2008. Will it help him for RG?

I think it's an interesting move, to say the least!

Whether it will help him, we can't tell - but the good thing about it is that it convinces me that Roger surely hasn't yet 'given up' on trying to get that RG title eventually. I think it's a nice - and brave! - move, showing he wants to give his ALL and very best to do as well as he can.
On the other hand, one might also think that Roger is now convinced that 2008 will be his last chance to grab the RG title.

Well, let's hope it works out for him.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayBuster View Post
Whether it will help him, we can't tell - but the good thing about it is that it convinces me that Roger surely hasn't yet 'given up' on trying to get that RG title eventually. Well, let's hope it works out for him.

Yes!Roger Never give Up!!!

I Hope GOD Bless him win RG and Wimby as the same time!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On the other hand, one might also think that Roger is now convinced that 2008 will be his last chance to grab the RG title.
I got that impression too. And you can tell Roger desperately wants to win that damn thing.

I don't think adding another small tournament on clay will make a big difference for his RG. Anyway his only problem in RG for the last three years (and probably he has much more to worry about in the coming years) has been that one guy, and playing more matches on clay doesn't necessarily help him play better against that one guy.

I hope he doesn't drain his body too soon because of the energy and focus on RG.

Anyway he should worry about the next big thing-Australian Open first before he has his eyes and mind totally on RG.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:41 AM   #6
country flag SUKTUEN

I hope Roger have the rave heart to win RG!!

Go Roger!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #7
country flag t0x

t0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it'll help.

It'll help with with MC. If he wins MC, he's in pole position for the rest of the clay season. This year he was very slow out of the blocks on clay, inconsistant performances everywhere.

I think he's realized it's his timing on the baseline that's going to win him RG, not by serving ridiculously fast and running to the net stupidly. He just needs to cut out the sloppy errors and more match play will help.
Federer Express Passenger #163

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~
un pour tous, tous pour un

Others: Safin - Tursunov - Gonzalez - Berdych - Ancic - Johansson - Youzhny - Cilic - Henman - Karlovic - Mahut
t0x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0x View Post
Yes it'll help.

It'll help with with MC. If he wins MC, he's in pole position for the rest of the clay season. This year he was very slow out of the blocks on clay, inconsistant performances everywhere.

I think he's realized it's his timing on the baseline that's going to win him RG, not by serving ridiculously fast and running to the net stupidly. He just needs to cut out the sloppy errors and more match play will help.
hope it is good for Roger to win RG~~

if he win RG in 2008, than we can forget caly season after it.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

i think and hope it will help him to win RG
good luck roger

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best
didadida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
country flag natasha_nana

natasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond reputenatasha_nana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0x View Post
Yes it'll help.

I agree.

I hope it helps. Depending on how he does in Rome and MC I suspect Hamburg will be cut from the schedule though...so hopefully he wont be too tired by RG.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #11
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

He will still lose in the RG final against Rafa.

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #12
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baghdatis72 View Post
He will still lose in the RG final against Rafa.
Thanks for letting us know Mr. Obvious.
rofe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:43 PM   #13
country flag Baghdatis72
2011 Here we go again!

Baghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
Thanks for letting us know Mr. Obvious.
You're welcome

The Present - The Past
Baghdatis72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:26 AM   #14
country flag SUKTUEN

but may be Nadal will not go to this tour~ = =''
Old 09-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #15
country flag holagirl56

holagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's an interesting move, to say the least!

Whether it will help him, we can't tell - but the good thing about it is that it convinces me that Roger surely hasn't yet 'given up' on trying to get that RG title eventually. I think it's a nice - and brave! - move, showing he wants to give his ALL and very best to do as well as he can.

Well, let's hope it works out for him.
I'm a huge optimist so I'll just think that Roger really wants to make RG number 14.
holagirl56 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote