Champions League 18-19th Sept - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Champions League 18-19th Sept

Shakhtar to beat Celtic @ 2.0

Shakhtar spent a lot of money in the summer strengthening their squad with the backing of a billionaire chairman. Up front they have Lucarelli - one of the best strikers in Serie A over the last few years and Nery Castillo, the explosive Mexican player who set the recent Copa America alight. Also, two of the best young talents in Brazil - Ilsinho and William have arrived for big money. Shakhtar are flying in their domestic league, leading the table having won 8 of their 9 games, drawing the other game

Celtic have an absolute appalling record away from home in Europe.....they have never won an away champions league game. Here they will make the long trek to distant Ukraine - the most eastern team to have ever played in the champions league. I don't really rate this Celtic team, its not as good as the ones under O'Neill which had Larsson, Petrov, Sutton etc. This team relies on Nakamura and a lot of journymen players.

I think Shakhtar will clinch it.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 AM   #2
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Champions League 18-19th Sept

I do like Shakhtar to win as they do have the squad to beat Celtic.

gl with the play.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
country flag danielj

danielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond repute

i was going to post this exact play myself, normally keep my football bets to myself but im really confident on shakhtar to win. Celtic have lost 13 of the last 14 away games, i hope this is another defeat.
Wta Top Totty: Julia Goerges
danielj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
bad gambler

FC Porto +0.5 over Liverpool - $1.70 2/10

OVER 2.5 Goals FC Porto v Liverpool - $2.55
5/10

Few reasons why I like these two bets for the opener of the CL season:
*Porto in CL since 2003 have built a fortress at the Drago. Since the start of Morinho's reign as head coach till now under Ferreira Porto have remained unbeaten at home in CL competition.
*Liverpool may be coming into this game with a very good start to the domestic season but so are Porto who are on the back of a 4 game winning streak with their last loss being on 11 August.
*Under Ferreira Porto have reverted to playing more of a open passing game utilising Quaresma on both flanks. Liverpool have also reverted back to their big guns up forward in Torres and Kuyt after their 0-0 draw at Portsmouth who should be able to have plenty of chances against a suspect defense with the departure of Pepe and having to continue to field their second GK Santo as Helton is still injured and unlikely to start today.

good luck
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
country flag Andre♥

Andre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond reputeAndre♥ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
FC Porto +0.5 over Liverpool - $1.70 2/10

OVER 2.5 Goals FC Porto v Liverpool - $2.55
5/10

Few reasons why I like these two bets for the opener of the CL season:
*Porto in CL since 2003 have built a fortress at the Drago. Since the start of Morinho's reign as head coach till now under Ferreira Porto have remained unbeaten at home in CL competition.
*Liverpool may be coming into this game with a very good start to the domestic season but so are Porto who are on the back of a 4 game winning streak with their last loss being on 11 August.
*Under Ferreira Porto have reverted to playing more of a open passing game utilising Quaresma on both flanks. Liverpool have also reverted back to their big guns up forward in Torres and Kuyt after their 0-0 draw at Portsmouth who should be able to have plenty of chances against a suspect defense with the departure of Pepe and having to continue to field their second GK Santo as Helton is still injured and unlikely to start today.

good luck
I agree with Porto (+0,5), but I don't agree that much with the under.

FC Porto's supporters always loved Bruno Alves and he has kicked Jorge Andrade out of the starting line-up of Portugal. Joao Paulo is very talented and although he isn't as good as Pepe, he is far from being bad.

Helton is out, but Nuno has tons of Euro Cups experience (played more than a dozen matches with Deportivo) and he is in better shape than Helton right now. Actually he literally saved Porto's win last saturday with three amazing saves. And after what Helton in Stanford Bridge last season, he isn't the same and Nuno is possibly the best keeper we have now.

*JOĂO SOUSA* *GASTĂO ELIAS* *FREDERICO GIL* *PEDRO SOUSA* *RUI MACHADO*
Andre♥ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond reputeChris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj View Post
i was going to post this exact play myself, normally keep my football bets to myself but im really confident on shakhtar to win. Celtic have lost 13 of the last 14 away games, i hope this is another defeat.
People should bear in mind, however, that in Celtic's last 2 European Cup matches (rather than Champions' League), they have had an impressive away draw against Spartak Moscow, and ran AC Milan closer than any other team last year.

It is true that Shakhtar look a decent bet....but I'll be praying that they lose anyway
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #7
country flag Sheva

Sheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond repute

Olympique Marseille over Besiktas @ 2.08 (1)
Shakthar Donetsk over Celtic @ 2.04 (1)
(aarggh public play i see )

One of these two should come off:

Schalke 04 vs Valencia X @ 3.20 (to win 1)
Porto vs Liverpool X @ 3.19 (to win 1)
(First also wanted to jump on that +0,5 BG but i somehow got the feeling Liverpool will play a similar match to last years seasonopener and the match will finish 0-0 or 1-1)
Old 09-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #8
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

Lazio dnb@ 2.16
valencia dnb @ 2.26
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #9
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

L'Olympique de Marseille should win tonight but there is a sort of crisis in group. I don't know level of Besiktas.
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #10
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Schalke 06 are a historic football team and i am glad they are back in the c.league.

Valencia are in turmoil, the fans dont want the manager and they just about beat vallodid at home on saturday.

Schalke at 7/5 is the way to go.

Good luck.

SIDE NOTE- All of Shakhtar Donetsk's new arrivals are unproven at this level, celtic can get the draw.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #11
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Schalke is a shit team imo
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #12
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Schalke is a shit team imo
Schalke have a good team spirit and will be hard to beat at home in the champions league.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #13
country flag Sheva

Sheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
Schalke have a good team spirit and will be hard to beat at home in the champions league.
If you compare the quality of the players of the two sides you gotta say Valencia got the better players. Schalke 04 got a packed home crowd behind them. Both teams don't like to loose their first match and will be happy with a draw..
Old 09-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #14
country flag Sheva

2-0 Shaktar after 8 minutes
Old 09-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #15
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva View Post
2-0 Shaktar after 8 minutes
Shakhtar should be 6 up. Need that 3rd goal just to be sure.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote