Frustration with Roger's US popularity - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #16
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustration with Roger's US popularity

OT: Mirkaland I love that vid that's in your signature.
A good showcase of Rogi's so-called 'lack of passion', eh?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #17
country flag holagirl56

holagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I wouldn't want Roger to be overexposed in the US. I like that he's just a guy who's happy where he is, and actually has results as opposed to a face in the media but nothing tennis wise.
holagirl56 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:31 AM   #18
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

federer is becoming more popular every year and PEOPLE are recognizing him as a true GREAT in sports, not just tennis.

so i dont know what you are smoking.

there's always been more money in golf anyway, so naturally tiger's going to get more. But golf is no sport compared to tennis.

ive seen federer side by side with woods, and woods looks like a man made athlete in the gym compared to a natural athlete in federer. Federer has a much broader frame than woods. Woods looks like roger's little brother.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #19
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, Federer looks more physically impressive then Tiger. Also Federer is a much better athlete. The only thing Tiger has on Fed is 2 career grand slams.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 AM   #20
User ID 29337

User ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 29337 has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope he doesn't move over here, the way the press and the public in general treat celebrities, it would be painful to watch.

First they build and build with such bravado and praise to the point that the person reaches mythic god like status in the press and public opinon.

Then they turn, sometimes with needed provaction like Britney (shes made her bed let her lie in it) sometimes its for something stupid, they walked away from a fan and it was caught on film, they lost one tournament (they tear into Tiger when he loses its ugly)

Beckhams just beginning to realize that, they're starting on him for all sorts of stuff he hangs out too much with tom cruise, hes not playing enough games in front of the fans ect. Rumor has it hes regretting his move over here and I think Roger would too.
User ID 29337 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #21
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Roger's being recognized for what he's achieved, not for how much $$ he rakes in off court. Unfortunately some in the media (especially in the USA) think popularity is based on how much $$ you earn off court in endorsements. Comparing Roger to Tiger Woods is silly. No other USA athlete, in any other sport, earns what Tiger does. So the idea that a Swiss guy playing a sport that is not very popular in the USA should be earning anything comparable to Woods is ridiculous.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #22
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
federer is becoming more popular every year and PEOPLE are recognizing him as a true GREAT in sports, not just tennis.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:27 PM   #23
country flag tennisplayer89

tennisplayer89 is on a distinguished road

Federer is actually becoming a househould name in the U.S. Everybody knows who he is.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #24
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisplayer89 View Post
Federer is actually becoming a househould name in the U.S. Everybody knows who he is.
really? But I read some news said that USA people not very like him, is it true?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #25
country flag groundstroke

groundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond reputegroundstroke has a reputation beyond repute

He should be much more popular, no one has dominated the mens tennis game for some long.
groundstroke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 AM   #26
country flag SUKTUEN

he know what he need to do for tennis, trust him~~