Video : The Chaser pranks APEC meeting in Sydney, stopped outside Bush's hotel - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Video : The Chaser pranks APEC meeting in Sydney, stopped outside Bush's hotel

There is a big meeting of APEC leaders and the authorities tried to close down Sydney and this satirical show called The Chaser breached the security zone and one of the main guys came out dressed as Osama bin Laden.

Great prank.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 09-13-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Pranksters breach security to get outside George W Bush's hotel in Sydney

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/...ecurity_breach

Eleven people have been arrested in a TV stunt which sparked a major APEC security scare.

Members of the television show The Chaser are believed to be responsible for the stunt.

They had assembled their own motorcade with two black wagons surrounding a luxury hire car, with an Australian and Canadian flag on the window.

The group managed to pass two security checkpoints, as they approached the InterContinental hotel where US President George W Bush is staying.

When the procession was then stopped by police entering a red zone on the corner of Macquarie and Bent streets, one of the comedians jumped out from the convoy – reportedly dressed as Osama bin Laden.

All eleven in the group have been arrested, but the incident is a major embarrassment for police who will now begin trying to work out how the group were able to get so close.

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.a...oryName=416267

Chaser stunt leaves officials red-faced
6th September 2007, 17:28 WST

It was a comedy TV stunt, but red-faced authorities guarding APEC leaders in Sydney could not see the funny side.

A team from the satirical ABC TV program The Chaser's War on Everything breached the multi-million dollar APEC security operation by driving a fake motorcade through security checkpoints.

The convoy of three black cars, decked out to resemble an official Canadian motorcade, came within metres of the hotel where US President George W Bush is staying, before finally being pulled over by authorities.

Eleven people were arrested, including The Chaser's Chas Licciardello, who sat in the back of one of the cars dressed as Osama bin Laden.

Also arrested was The Chaser's Julian Morrow, who posed as a security guard running alongside the motorcade.

Police were on Thursday night considering whether to lay charges against The Chaser team members, who were being held at a Sydney police station with ABC lawyers and management present.

Those arrested could face jail time if convicted of breaching a restricted area under APEC legislation.

NSW police were furious about the bold prank.

"I don't see a funny side to what's happened today. I don't see a funny side at all," said NSW Police Minister David Campbell.

He said The Chaser production team had disregarded specific requests from police not to go too far in their pursuit of satire.

"I'm extremely concerned people would take the sense of security so lightly."

Chaser member Craig Reucassel responded later, telling the Nine Network: "There's about 40,000 people there - they should be able to handle it."

Labor leader Kevin Rudd said given the heightened security environment in Sydney, the Chaser team had "crossed the line".

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said the arrest of the 11 showed security worked.

He added, smiling,:"Whatever you think of the humour of The Chaser...they were clearly not going to harm anybody in a physical way."

The mammoth security operation breached by the comedians accounts for $170 million of the $330 million bill for the APEC summit.

"I'm not embarrassed at all, what I am is very angry that such a stunt like this would be pulled," NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Dave Owens said.

When asked if security would now be boosted, Mr Owens appeared to contradict himself.

"We have brought in some other measures (but) they are not over and above what we are doing," he said.

The Chaser stunt came as more dignitaries flew into Sydney for the APEC leaders' summit, including leaders from Hong Kong, Chile, Canada, Vietnam, Korea and Papua New Guinea.

The influx of leaders meant there were more than 100 motorcade movements in Sydney throughout the day, with even more expected from Friday, when all 21 leaders will be in Sydney.

Security hits its highest level and Sydney will enter its final stage of lockdown at 6am (AEST) on Friday until 11pm Sunday.

The restricted zone in the north of the city will be extended from Bridge Street into Pitt Street and the fence around the zone will remain completely closed during that time.

Police have promised to stop and search anyone in areas near the restricted zone and apply the full force of their new powers.

NSW Deputy Premier John Watkins urged people to stay away from Sydney during Friday's APEC public holiday and the weekend.

Protesters today turned their attention to President Hu, with 450 people gathering in Hyde Park to demonstrate against China's human rights record.

Police originally refused to let the protesters march on the street to Belmore Park but backed down when faced with a mass of people taking to the footpaths.

Around 50 police, including several on trail bikes, closed one lane of traffic on Elizabeth Street to allow the marchers safe passage.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
bad gambler

Default Re: Aussie Pranksters breach security to get outside George W Bush's hotel in Sydney

This one is on par with one of them pulling a screwdriver out and attempting to hug the prime minister during his morning walk last year.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

Ha.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
country flag Magenta

Magenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond reputeMagenta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Du Rieux View Post
The group managed to pass two security checkpoints, as they approached the InterContinental hotel where US President George W Bush is staying.

When the procession was then stopped by police entering a red zone on the corner of Macquarie and Bent streets, one of the comedians jumped out from the convoy – reportedly dressed as Osama bin Laden.

Best prank to date!

And I think after they got out on bail they asked Julian to comment on the situation and he said something like "there's no need, you will hear all about it on Today Tonight and ACA"

This is from last night's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GclCE0cLA-o
Magenta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

hilarious stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
country flag kueee

kueee is on a distinguished road

hahaha those Chasers bastards are awesome. good on them.
kueee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

They are lucky that they were not gunned down by twigger happy securities
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Du Rieux View Post
There is a big meeting of APEC leaders and the authorities tried to close down Sydney and this satirical show called The Chaser breached the security zone and one of the main guys came out dressed as Osama bin Laden.

Great prank.
In my opinion Bush is the only president of this world, who is public genocide and criminal. I don't know, if it, what he did to these innocent people, reachs his mind or not. As it is known alcoholics have very damadges brains - most of all this zone in brain, which is responsible for superior emotionality and morality. And it is the only leader of this world hatred everywhere. Every his visit causes massive protests.
Yesterday his myrmodons made air raid during night ( 3 : 00 ). They killed 14 sleeping people and injured hard about 9 persons.
And the others killed about 40 insurgents in Afghanistan.
When will be the end of this lawlesness, created by brain of mental ill bloke? What will give to him this violance, illegal occupation? It is known and logical that it is too much number of states to rule over oil and natural resources of such small countries as Iraq and Afghanistan. And supposing that they kill all young people in these both countries ( because these insurgents are most of all young people ),who will extract their beloved oil and other resources in the future and the second thing, what with distribution of oil and other resources between all ,,winning,, countries about 26. Maybe it will be the beginning of new, harder war within coalition forces-new world war.
I don't like him and all other alcoholics of this world too. But I wish to this man to come to his sense, to withdrew his myrmidons, and not to make much jumble, genocide and crime than he did and to had one time in his life such capacity to could look on this world with ,, eyes of God,,, who is merciful for us all and most of all too merciful for such terrible, depraved sinner, as he is. I wish to him understanding of all his crimes and understanding for these poor Iraqis, Afghanians and even for these his myrmidons.
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 AM   #10
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

hahahahaha god i love the Chaser, it's my favourite show. The boys really excelled themselves this time. So good to see them taking the piss out of this APEC bullshit.

You know what they had on their "official" car sticker?:

"This vehicle belongs to a member of The Chaser's War on Everything.

"This dude likes trees and poetry and certain types of carnivorous plants excite him."

freaking GOLD!!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:25 AM   #11
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

Now this is comedy.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #12
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

These guys expected to be stopped at the first block and not get to 10m of the Intercontinental Hotel.

The passes and Chas dressed up as bin Laden.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #13
country flag refero*fervens

refero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond reputerefero*fervens has a reputation beyond repute

The best part about it was that they were let through - only stopping of their own will, in the end - despite the blatantly fake passes, the Canadian flags on the motorcade and Osama bin Laden sitting at the back. Brilliant. But so much for the Great Wall of Sydney and tight security...can't wait for next Wednesday's show

refero*fervens is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #14
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Hilarious stuff
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #15
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

"I am very important leader, why no table for me".

Lucky the snipers on the roof aren't paid by the amount of people they shoot.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1