Robredo and Gulbis must be pissed - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2007, 03:31 AM   #31
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robredo and Gulbis must be pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Aren't you in a different time zone now?
No, I operate in the same time zone as non-students.

It's what, 3.30 am over here? Late, but really the USO is nowhere near the killer that the AO is - that's just as tough in Europe as it is in America.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 03:34 AM   #32
country flag Fensler
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Fensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster View Post
Cyborgs are nothing if not efficient.
Touche.

Resistance is futile.
Fensler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:34 AM   #33
country flag sykotique

sykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Du Rieux View Post
I didn't know Robredo and Gulbis both went on court drunk.
Only Robredo. Perhaps too much sangria?

Gulbis is quite sober.

I also support: The Killers; Death Cab for Cutie; My Chemical Romance; The Smashing Pumpkins; Radiohead; because they are pretty cool, as well.

"It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony." - Benjamin Britten.
sykotique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:35 AM   #34
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

The Australian is much worse, for me - the day session going on right through the night.

I don't mind missing the occasional night session at the US Open and I can get by.

The aussie is hideous, if you sleep all night you miss an absolute ton of action.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:36 AM   #35
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fensler View Post
Touche.

Resistance is futile.
Euro stereotypes will be assimilated.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 AM   #36
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobsuk View Post
The Australian is much worse, for me - the day session going on right through the night.

I don't mind missing the occasional night session at the US Open and I can get by.

The aussie is hideous, if you sleep all night you miss an absolute ton of action.
The AO is a lot better, cause I am at the event and not logged onto MTF and I can get to see the good matches instead of the shit the TV networks want to throw at me.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #37
country flag Sjengster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobsuk View Post

What's worst about it is that the majority of the action with good early round contests takes place during the night for the first week, then all the big matches are the night sessions in the second week so you have to make a very quick adjustment.

But still, as Aussie posters would understandably reply regarding the rest of the year, "Welcome to our world", so I won't complain.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #38
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I operate in the same time zone as non-students.

It's what, 3.30 am over here? Late, but really the USO is nowhere near the killer that the AO is - that's just as tough in Europe as it is in America.
Okay, I was trying to be subtle Mr 'Someplace sandy'. I thought you were studying abroad lately...

I guess the AO is equally brutal for the UK as well, I never thought about that one (duh on me).

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:40 AM   #39
country flag Sjengster

Quote:
Okay, I was trying to be subtle Mr 'Someplace sandy'. I thought you were studying abroad lately...

I guess the AO is equally brutal for the UK as well, I never thought about that one (duh on me).
Ah, I see. No, that's merely an allusion to my country flag here on MTF, that is to say if I were Djiboutian I would be somewhere fairly sandy. Actually, the beach here in my town is pebble, hence my preference in my Mister MTF profile for short walks along the beach.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:44 AM   #40
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What's worst about it is that the majority of the action with good early round contests takes place during the night for the first week, then all the big matches are the night sessions in the second week so you have to make a very quick adjustment.

But still, as Aussie posters would understandably reply regarding the rest of the year, "Welcome to our world", so I won't complain.
Totally - the rest of the year is pretty good - or at least bearable - so I'm not complaining at all.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #41
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah, I see. No, that's merely an allusion to my country flag here on MTF, that is to say if I were Djiboutian I would be somewhere fairly sandy. Actually, the beach here in my town is pebble, hence my preference in my Mister MTF profile for short walks along the beach.
Hmmm, a pebbly beach. The clues are there... I'll figure it out eventually. mwa ha ha

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #42
country flag Sjengster

Quote:
Hmmm, a pebbly beach. The clues are there... I'll figure it out eventually. mwa ha ha
Well I've mentioned it on here already, just go to the Gaudio forum and search for the thread about where everyone is from, I posted photos in there as well.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #43
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beforehand View Post
You dirty Brit, you.
lol, funny shit, ,loved that line
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:52 AM   #44
country flag Beforehand

Beforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Du Rieux View Post
The AO is a lot better, cause I am at the event and not logged onto MTF and I can get to see the good matches instead of the shit the TV networks want to throw at me.

Yeah, the AO is the tough slam for me, schedule wise.
Beforehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:54 AM   #45
country flag Fee

Quote:
Well I've mentioned it on here already, just go to the Gaudio forum and search for the thread about where everyone is from, I posted photos in there as well.
That's no fun, you ruined my guessing game (although you are less of an enigma since the Mr MTF thingie).