Robredo and Gulbis must be pissed - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2007, 02:01 AM   #16
country flag sykotique

sykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robredo and Gulbis must be pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster View Post
I thought that cliche was applied to the French? When of course there are persons of low hygiene to be found the length and breadth of the civilised, and indeed uncivilised world.
Well, in general, many jokes were made at the expense of their highnesses King George V and King Louis XIV. Apparently, neither of them appreciated soap and warm water too much.

I suppose Anglos and Gallics share it equally.

I also support: The Killers; Death Cab for Cutie; My Chemical Romance; The Smashing Pumpkins; Radiohead; because they are pretty cool, as well.

"It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony." - Benjamin Britten.
sykotique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 02:02 AM   #17
country flag CyBorg

CyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond repute

Playing tennis after midnight is obscene.
CyBorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #18
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotique View Post
Well, in general, many jokes were made at the expense of their highnesses King George V and King Louis XIV. Apparently, neither of them appreciated soap and warm water too much.

Yes, but I'll bet some Presidents have been lax bathers as well, we just don't hear about it.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #19
country flag CyBorg

CyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond reputeCyBorg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotique View Post

It's a ridiculous accusation, especially when made by Americans many of whom live in trailers.

Of course when it comes to the French attitudes - most would agree that what stinks is their minds.
CyBorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:06 AM   #20
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:09 AM   #21
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

And Gulbis leads 2-0....

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:13 AM   #22
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Is Monday a Bank Holiday in England? Why are so many of the Brits up so late? The USO must kill you like the AO kills me (and others in the US, I'm sure).

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 AM   #23
country flag sykotique

sykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond reputesykotique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Gulbis leads 2-0....
Is this where this thread becomes prescient and after the result, I get to say something like "never in doubt"?

I also support: The Killers; Death Cab for Cutie; My Chemical Romance; The Smashing Pumpkins; Radiohead; because they are pretty cool, as well.

"It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony." - Benjamin Britten.
sykotique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:17 AM   #24
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Is Monday a Bank Holiday in England? Why are so many of the Brits up so late? The USO must kill you like the AO kills me (and others in the US, I'm sure).
Not a Bank Holiday, no (that was last week)

I'm just up and suffering for my tennis.

It has to be done
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 AM   #25
country flag Sjengster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
I'm a post-grad student, I get to stay up late pretty much all the time. This will change.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:23 AM   #26
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I have work in less than 6 hours.

I will be less than effective for the first few hours. But so what
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 AM   #27
country flag Fensler
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Fensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBorg View Post
It's a ridiculous accusation, especially when made by Americans many of whom live in trailers.

Of course when it comes to the French attitudes - most would agree that what stinks is their minds.
In the course of condemning the use of one stereotype, you managed to insult two other cultures via more stereotypes - all in one concise post.

Congrats.
Fensler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:29 AM   #28
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Gulbis leads 2-0....
Well start Gulbis!

Quote:
I'm a post-grad student, I get to stay up late pretty much all the time. This will change.
Aren't you in a different time zone now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobsuk View Post
I have work in less than 6 hours.

I will be less than effective for the first few hours. But so what
I hear ya! Work shmerk.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 AM   #29
country flag Sjengster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fensler View Post
In the course of condemning the use of one stereotype, you managed to insult two other cultures via more stereotypes - all in one concise post.

Congrats.
Cyborgs are nothing if not efficient.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:31 AM   #30
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know Robredo and Gulbis both went on court drunk.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote