Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andre on Wheaties box!!!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  RebelNYC 
#1 ·
well, a little ray of happy news today...

Funny how getting your picture on a cereal box has come to mean the pinnacle of success, lol. But few tennis players have made it.

Posted on Mon, May. 24, 2004

Agassi gets Wheaties box just as he exits French Open

Associated Press

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Andre Agassi got his own Wheaties box - just as he lost in the French Open.

Wheaties announced Monday that it will honor Agassi with a special-edition box to mark the start of this week's French Open.

Agassi eliminated on the first day of play by Jerome Haehnel, a qualifier from France ranked 271st, who pulled off an upset to rival the biggest in Grand Slam history.

Playing his first tour-level match at age 23, Haehnel beat Agassi 6-4, 7-6 (4), 6-3.

Agassi, the sixth seed in the tournament, was honored by the "Breakfast of Champions" for his eight Grand Slam titles and 58 career singles titles.

Agassi's Wheaties box will be available nationally.

Other tennis players featured on the Wheaties box in the past include Don Budge, Chris Evert, Arthur Ashe, Althea Gibson and Pete Sampras.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
:D

#6 ·
Carie said:
Has anyone actually been able to find the Wheaties box? I've looked several times in the past few weeks and can't find it.
I keep forgetting to look for it when I go to the store! Next time... ;)

#9 ·
I just found this on the Wheaties website

6/1/2004
Six stars from the WNBA are featured on a new Wheaties package that will be available nationally later this month.
The 12-ounce package will be available throughout most of June and July in markets across the country.
http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/media/news/story.asp?storyID=1029

So maybe Andre’s box will be available in August? Makes sense with the USO.

#12 ·
I found it at an Albertson’s in Texas. I also know Colorado has them, so I would think they would be available anywhere in the country. If you get really desperate and don’t think you can live without it let me know. I’d be happy to make a trip to the post office for you. :)

#13 ·
OK, so the Wheaties box is available in the great state of Texas and also
Colorado - out west...I bet they are going to bring them to NY for the US
Open - thank you ... if I get desperate, I will take you up on your offer...
that is very nice of you! I have to have this box of Wheaties!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.