Antonio Puerta dies - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #46
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Antonio Puerta dies

Awful! I hope his family can get through it.

Antonio Puerta was a very talented left-winger, one of the best in Spain.

RIP
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #47
country flag merce

merce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond reputemerce has a reputation beyond repute

"(I + G) - (O + C) = A"

proud to be a psichogroupie
merce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #48
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

For those who can read Spanish

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte...188372205.html
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #49
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=397555

Thousands Pay Their Respects To Puerta

The untimely death of Sevilla midfielder Antonio Puerta has shocked the footballing world, with thousands visiting Antonio Puerta's chapel at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium to pay their final respects...

Antonio Puerta's funeral takes place today, with his body being held at the chapel in the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium until then.

Thousands have arrived to pay their respects, with 5,000 or more even waiting as the player's body was brought in to the chapel just after midnight.

The player's coffin has been draped with Sevilla and Spanish flags, while elsewhere in the chapel is a place to lay wreaths and Sevilla shirts and scarves.

As well as Sevilla, other teams are represented: Betis, Recreativo and Valencia fans have all shown their own mark of respect.

Elsewhere, around the stadium, mourners have laid flowers and photographs, and lit candles in the memory of the 22 year old midfielder, who died on Tuesday afternoon.

Puerta's coffin arrived at the stadium at 12:20am, local time, and was met by an incredible chorus of "Puerta, Sevilla está contigo" (Puerta, Sevilla is with you) from the supporters.

As family members, friends and former team-mates arrived to pay their respects, they were all cheered and greeted by the crowd as Sevilla and Betis fans united outside to remember a fallen hero.

At midday on Wednesday a service will be held for Puerta that will be attended by the majority of clubs in Spanish football, with directors, former player and current stars attending.

The entire Real Betis squad is due to be there, along with the coaching staff and directors, while AC Milan will also have people present.

Puerta's coffin will then be taken to the San Fernando cemetery where he will be cremated during a private ceremony at 2pm that will be attended by family, close friends and his Sevilla team-mates.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #50
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid23 View Post
There's an English version here:
http://timesonline.typepad.com/rafae...s-death-p.html

His wife is eight months pregnant...sheesh

Last edited by Castafiore : 08-29-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #51
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
RIP Alberto. He was such a talented defender, and my deepest condolescences go out to his pregnant fiancee, and family and friends. The fact that his life was cut short at such a young age is just terrible
Alberto
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:22 PM   #52
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Alberto
Yep I made a pretty bad typo there.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #53
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

I heard he had two heart attacks on monday then yesterday i heard he died! its such a shame whats even more heart breaking is that he was only 22. My condolences go out to his family

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:12 PM   #54
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone remember a similar thing happening to Miklos Feher, the Benfica player?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X8mzeR...elated&search=

Very distressing to see a player die on the football pitch. Just shows you that when your time is up, your time is up.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #55
country flag musefanatic

Location: In Monaco harbour waiting for next week's GP with a drunken Kimi
musefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Oh this is so terrible to hear, RIP.

15 wins- 14 poles- 456 points

Murray HenmanNieminen Ferrero Federer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
oh then i come to share the bed
musefanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:01 AM   #56
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

what the hell is happening?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/break...884040,00.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 AM   #57
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

There was an Australian Female Tennis player: Karen Krantzcke...dropped dead after or during jogging. Won a Doubles title in the Australian...1968. (w/Kerry Reid.)

Made it to the Semis in the singles at the Australian, and the QF in singles at Wimbledon, and the U.S.

...but sorry to hear about Mr. Puerta.

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:06 AM   #58
bad gambler

Really terrible at the age of 22 as well, RIP
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 AM   #59
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute

rest in peace Mister Antonio Puerta
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:12 AM   #60
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

And the next one died. Link in German.

The in Israel playing Sambian player Chaswe Nsofwa collapsed after a practice match and died shortly after it. The doctors in the hospital of the Israeli city Beersheva couldn't reanimate the 26-year old player, who played in 2002 in Africa-Cup for his home-country.

What's up currently?

favourites in other sports: Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille and Tiago Camilo

A link to positive and encouraging music: K-Love My blog in German
Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote