Early Commitments - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:41 AM   #1
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Early Commitments

I know we will get a separate forum closer to the time, but I just got sent this first bit of big news, so thought I'd share it. Great team and look forward to seeing Novak back in Perth!!!

Hopman Serves Up World's Best Ranked Team
28 August 2007

Tournament Director Paul McNamee today announced that “the best ranked team in the world was coming to Perth”. Men’s world number 3 Novak Djokovic and women’s number 3 Jelena Jankovic have accepted the invitation and will represent Serbia at this year’s International Mixed Teams’ Hyundai Hopman Cup.

“The Serbs are the hottest country in world tennis this year so it is a real coup to get them together for the 20th anniversary of the Hopman Cup.”

Novak Djokovic rose to the number three ranking highlight at the Montreal Masters where he defeated the world’s number 3, 2, and 1 ranked players becoming only the second player to defeat both world number 1 Roger Federer, world number two Rafael Nadal as well as Andy Roddick the then number 3.

Jelena Jankovic rose to the number three ranking after wins in Auckland, Charleston, Rome & Birmingham and a semi final appearance at Roland Garros. She was also the winner of the Mixed Doubles title at Wimbledon with Scot Jamie Murray.

Hyundai Hopman Cup XX, to be held from 29 December 2007 to 4 January 2008, is the Official Mixed Teams Competition of the ITF.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC (SRB)
Pronounced: DJO-ko-vich
Birthdate: 22-May-87
Birthplace: Belgrade, Serbia
Residence: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Height: 6'2'' (187 cm)
Turned Pro: 2003

Current ATP Ranking – Singles: 3

SINGLES HIGHLIGHTS 2007:

Winner: Adelaide, ATP Masters Series Miami, ATP Masters Series Canada, Estoril
Final: ATP Masters Series Indian Wells
Semifinal: Rotterdam, Roland Garros, and Wimbledon
Quarterfinal: Dubai, ATP Masters Series Hamburg, and ATP Masters Series Rome

JELENA JANKOVIC (SRB)
Pronounced: YELL-e-nuh YAN-ko-vich
Residence: Belgrade, Serbia
Date of Birth: February 28, 1985
Birthplace: Belgrade, Serbia
Height: 5'9 1/2'' (1.77 m)
Status Pro: 2000

Current WTA Ranking: 3

SINGLES HIGHLIGHTS 2007:

Winner: Auckland, Charleston, Rome, and Birmingham
Finalist: Sydney, Hertogenbosch
Semifinalist: Dubai, Doha, Berlin, Strasbourg, Roland Garros,
Los Angeles

MIXED DOUBLES:

Winner: 2007 - Wimbledon (w/J.Murray).
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hopman Cup XX: 29 Dec 2007 - 4 Jan 2008 (Perth, Aus)

Very nice to see both of them come down to the Hopman.

I first saw Nole when he played Safin last year at the Hopman Cup.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:08 PM   #3
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

you mean when he played Marat in the first round of the Aus Open in 2005?? cos Nole didn't come to Hopman Cup the same year Marat did
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #4
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Djokovic/Ivanovic was going to play.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:06 AM   #5
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute

I'm excited about watching Djokovic I remember watching him and Ana playing here in the 2005-2006 tournament.
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:44 AM   #6
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

Third Top 10 Player Commits to Hopman
20 September 2007

A third top 10 player in Men’s World Number 10 Tomas Berdych will contest this year’s Hyundai Hopman Cup. Berdych will partner Australian Open Quarter finalist and World Number 22 Lucie Safarova for the Czech Republic at this year’s ITF International Mixed Teams Competition. The other top 10 players already confirmed are World Number 3 Novak Djokovic and World Number 3 Jelena Jankovic, representing Serbia.

The Czech duo made their debut in Perth last year and Tournament Director Paul McNamee was quick to invite the couple back this year.

“Tomas has risen to number 10 in the world at only 21 years of age and is heading toward the top. He is one of the only players to have defeated both Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal - Nadal last year in Madrid and Federer at the Olympics, so we know he has talent to burn. It is only a matter of time before he puts a run together on the big stage”.

Lucie Safarova, only 20, after playing in Perth last year, caused one of the big upsets at the Australian Open when she defeated defending Champion and then World number one Amelie Mauresmo in the fourth round. This year she also has wins over 5 top ten players – Nicole Vaidisova, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Nadia Petrova, Anna Chakvetadze and world number one Justine Henin enroute to a career high world ranking of 22.

The Hyundai Hopman Cup is widely regarded as the most prestigious invitation tennis tournament in the world. It has the imprimatur of the International Tennis Federation (ITF), the governing body of the sport, which provides the ongoing stability of the event.

The Hopman Cup, having bought to Perth an incredible array of the world’s tennis playing elite, including 19 worlds no 1’s, looks forward to celebrating the 20-year milestone at this year’s event.

From a TV perspective, the Hyundai Hopman Cup, with live national coverage of 42 hours on ABC and 66 hours on Fox Sports, continues to enjoy its status as the most televised weekly sporting event in Australia.

The Hyundai Hopman Cup will be played at the Burswood Dome from 29 December 2007 – 4 January 2008.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Golovin and Monfils will be representing the French and Fish will be playing again.

Quote:
French set for Hopman Cup

October 05, 2007

TENNIS pin-up Tatiana Golovin will spearhead the French challenge for a breakthrough victory at the Hopman Cup mixed-team in December, organisers said.

The Russian-born 19-year-old will partner the flamboyant Gael Monfils in search of France's first victory in the unique, $1million tournament starting on December 29.

Golovin, who reached the fourth round of the Australian Open and Wimbledon in 2004 aged 16, is ranked 19th in the world, while the 21-year-old Monfils has dropped from a career-high 23rd to 44th.

France, which took part in the inaugural Hopman Cup in 1989, is yet to win the tournament in 14 attempts. Golovin and Jerome Haehnel just failed to reach the final in January after losing their final round-robin tie to Russia.

Golovin used the tournament as preparation for the Australian Open, where she enjoyed her best grand slam of an injury-hampered year by reaching the third round.

Serbian duo Novak Djokovic and Jelena Jankovic, and Czech Republic pair Tomas Berydch and Lucie Safarova, have also been confirmed.

Mardy Fish will return to represent the United States after James Blake declared himself unavailable, tournament director Paul McNamee said.

Agence France-Presse
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23216,00.html

Monfils is a good choice for an event like this, I think.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:40 AM   #8
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

yeah that's a nice team. I hear they're trying to get either Davenport or one of the Williams sisters as the female player for the US
Old 10-07-2007, 03:09 AM   #9
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Tursunov plays again
Old 10-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
country flag Haile Selassie

Haile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting field by now.
Djokovic,Jankovic,Safarova,Berydch,Golovin,Monfils .

I hope Argentina get a spot in here..

.Kuerten.Federer.Gaudio.Coria.Santoro.Gasquet.Araz i.Qureshi.Bopanna.
Calleri.Pella.Collarini.Estrella.Zeballos.Safin.Lo pez.Rochus.Malisse

.Wayne & Byron Black.T Martin.TJohansson.Vilas.Clerc.Jaite.
Haile Selassie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 PM   #11
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Hopman Cup XX: 29 Dec 2007 - 4 Jan 2008 (Perth, Aus)

So Djokovic won't be defending his Adelaide title?
Guess he is pretty patriotic, Now nothing will stop the Gooch from winning Adelaide
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #12
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what Aussies that will play the Hopman Cup this year. Strange that they haven't announced that yet.
zizz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #13
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion Argentina View Post
I hope Argentina get a spot in here..
You're in luck Juan Ignacio Chela and Gisela Dulko will play for Argentina.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Arg...940893759.html

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #14
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

golovin and monfils will still win

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:19 AM   #15
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Serena Williams will partner Mardy Fish for Team USA.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Ser...618859955.html

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote