Your experience at the 2007 US Open... (Add pics if you have them) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
country flag Shahar26

Shahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Your experience at the 2007 US Open... (Add pics if you have them)

I'm going to the night session tomorrow ,and going to see:

Roberta Vinci (ITA) v. Maria Sharapova (RUS)[2]
Justin Gimelstob (USA) v. Andy Roddick (USA)[5]

Plus whatever I can catch in the outer courts, hopefully:
Meilen Tu (USA) v. Shahar Peer (ISR)[18]

I'm going to write about it, but since the Open starts today (and I just found out who's playing tomorrow), I decided to start the thread today as well ...

If you've been to a match (or going to see one) and want to share it, you're in the right place

MathLessons.com - When the numbers don't add up

Last edited by Shahar26 : 08-29-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Shahar26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #2
country flag Shahar26

Shahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond reputeShahar26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your experience at the 2007 US Open...

I must say, I forgot how much fun going to the Open is....

It was perfect weather, and perfect match schedule, got to see my girl Shahar win the first round (she almost pulled out due to injury before the match).

Good match, very close in the second set as well, The outer courts can be so much fun to watch, you can get sooooo close

That match seemed much more interesting than the first match in Ash stadium (Sharapova), she'll have to wait a bit more before I see her live

After Shahar won her match, we went to see Roddick in Ash stadium, it was 5-5 in the first set and it looked like Roddick might be in trouble, you gotta hand it to Justin Gimelstob (great name), he put on a very good fight.

At one point when Justin was down 0-40 on his serve, I screamed "common Justin, 5 aces", but we were so high up, I don't think he heard me.

He also changed at least 4 shirts during the match, it was a bit confusing at first, I wonder why he did it

I'm so psyched about going to the semis (sep 8), I might try to go again this weekend too.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the Israeli crowd took pointers from the Jblock during the Shahar match. Any truth to the rumor?
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
country flag Shahar26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
I heard the Israeli crowd took pointers from the Jblock during the Shahar match. Any truth to the rumor?
Ahhh, to be honest, I don't know what you mean (Jenny from the block?)

The crowd was very vocal cheering her on (I was too ), but nothing bad or anything like it, a few Israei flags were in there as well.

I would say that for every 10 or so Shahar cheers, there was 1 Meilin cheer...

I was in court #4 if you know it, I would say there were around 500 people watching the match, more so for the end of the second set.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, I was talking about the J-block, James Blake cheering squade

Good to know it was all in good spirits.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
country flag tennisace

tennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
They were out in force for the Lapentti/Sela match, too. Quite a few flags and shout outs - but nowhere nears as annoying as Jblock.
tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #7
country flag MurrayFan1

MurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your experience at the 2007 US Open... (Add pics if you have them)

I love the 4th pic. Looks like you had an awesome time. It also looks a world away from Wimbledon haha.

READING FC

MurrayFan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
country flag MusicMyst

MusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, the US Open at night . . . nothing like it in tennis.

Dating myself here, I can remember watching Gilad Bloom and Amos Mansdorf being cheered by numerous Israelis back in the day. And I elbowed my way to the front row to watch Anna Smashnova upset Lori O'Neil (sp?) on a side court without bleachers back in '95. I don't think there was more than 3-4 people cheering for Lori -- Anna had tons of fans standing around the court. Must be an I-block!
MusicMyst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #9
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Love your photos they are really good.

This week Juan Carlos is at home

Me:I would love Bromamce to have babies together they would be sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

Marleen:

Marleen, Meesh and Leigh are.......Juanie's Angels
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:56 PM   #10
country flag Shahar26

I started Monday by waking up at 7am, got to the US Open at 8:15 and stood in line to get day passes (there were about 200 people in front of me, but plenty of tickets to go around).

It turns out you can get into Luis Armstrong (the second biggest stadium) with a day pass.

I was sooo delighted to see that my girl Shahar Peer was playing there, got a really good seat and enjoyed watching her whoop ass

The next match I went to see was Haas - Blake which as you may know went down to the wire....

I really love the US Open, especially day sessions, there are so many games to watch, although only during the first week you can catch "real games" (they had mostly Juniors matches).

Enjoy the pics, and do add your experience if you've been there as well....