Marat Safin Blog - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #16
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat Safin Blog

I'd prefer to see him winning though

I doubt he will win another Grand Slam!
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #17
country flag annehavenga

annehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond repute

So do I.. I WANT BAD INTERVIEWS MARAT haha! I don't know about the grandslams.. I just hope he will or at least come A BIT further than lately..:P
Old 09-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I hope he can start at the Australian open well, if he doesn't, the rest of the year will follow on as a bad year I would reckon.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:08 AM   #19
country flag annehavenga

annehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond reputeannehavenga has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, well actually the australian open this year wasn't that bad.. Yeah he had tough rounds 1 and 2 but the 3rd was sooo close with Andy who reached the quarters after that..! That was a really good match. And still I can't say this year has been terrific that's for sure.. but I hope for now he will do well in Paris and Madrid. Those are the tourny's he had done well last year! Davai Marat!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #20
country flag Burrow

Yes, Roddick got to the semi's losing to Federer. But look the past years, he took out Roddick in 2004, he was moving well back then.

Thats the scary thing anne, Safin done well in them last year, but now has to defend point
But Grilloti made a bad decision in Madrid, he umpired the match like an idiot. Nalbandian and Safin in a rally in the 3rd, about 5 all I think it was and Nalbandian hits a shot out, but then asks to challenge, that should not have been allowed because he kept playing the point until he hit a shot out. I was very angry at that idiot of an umpire

I don't think he will do well this year there, I would like to see him win one of those tournaments, but quarters sounds the most realistic situation.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:31 AM   #21
country flag annehavenga

Yeah me too. I hope he can win soon.. first Davis Cup. That always give him a confidence boost! Maybe you can explain me but I never understood: everyone always say: yeah, he has to defend points! Do you know how that works? Cause I know, you get points when you come to a certain round, and you can go up if you won enough points but why defending? can you please explain? I always wanted to know that haha !
thanks byeee
Old 09-09-2007, 01:01 AM   #22
country flag Burrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by annehavenga View Post
Yeah me too. I hope he can win soon.. first Davis Cup. That always give him a confidence boost! Maybe you can explain me but I never understood: everyone always say: yeah, he has to defend points! Do you know how that works? Cause I know, you get points when you come to a certain round, and you can go up if you won enough points but why defending? can you please explain? I always wanted to know that haha !
thanks byeee
Well basically if you win 1000, for example, safin wins australian open 2005, and next year he can not go up, but only maintain. so if he is no 4 ranking, this week he can not gain points because last year he has maximum. In 2006 he is injured so he doesnt win any points, so he lose 1000 points from the rankings.

Very bad description probably, but its very late here and my brain is not functioning correctly hope you understand, if you dont just ask.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #23
country flag annehavenga

Kind of. I thought it was like this: you win points for every round in every tournament but when the person below you like marat is 25 and for example nalbandian is 26, and 26 will win enough points so he has in total more points than 25, 26 moves up places.. but i guess that's not how it works. Thanks for the explanaition. Never knew that you could also loose points! THanks
Old 09-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #24
country flag Burrow

no problems.

Yes, if you get to 750 for slam final, you either have to equal that, or do better otherwise you will probably go down the rankings.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #25
country flag annehavenga

Okee.. Marat is in Nepal now.. weird isn't? Suddenly this change.. reasons aren't there yet..
Old 09-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #26
country flag Burrow

Yes, doesn't surprise me too much really, he is a headcase and will come back with a big beard.

I hope he doesn't miss the two masters series.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #27
country flag trixtah

trixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond reputetrixtah has a reputation beyond repute

ouch, season over for Marat--it's his wrist again :X
trixtah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #28
country flag annehavenga

Yeah.. I read his letter to his fans.. again his wrist but pfeeww... I'm glad it isn't that bad! Now he's climbing a mountain!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #29
country flag Burrow

his wrist??? whats happened?
Old 09-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #30
country flag Burrow

I just read that letter anne, He will drop ranking to about 50ish now I think, but we have seen him make comeback before, like 2004 australian open onwards, I hope to see him back, nearly 28 (hes getting old ) refreshed and motivated, putting 2006 and 2007 behind him. 2008 will be the deciding season, will Safin be back to old form?