Can someone break it down for me - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
country flag *snowflake*

*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can someone break it down for me

Okay, what's the deal with this board? I'm a member of another board that deals with athletes, sort of speak, and i know that there are unwritten rules, dos and don'ts etc. I forgot what it was like being a newbie so being out of the "know" is weird.

So can anyone just break it down- who are the oldeheads, what cliques are there, major beefs, current beefs, regular psychos, is there someone that you just don't talk about or even mention, a must read threads, what gets you banned etc.

The only thing i learned so far is that this Federer/Nadal ish is ridiculous. Ppl take it way too personal.
~Russian Adoptees~ Сафин|Турсунов|Южный
~G.luck coming back~ Zabaleta|Gaudio
*snowflake* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone break it down for me

I think this thread is helpful. Enjoy MTF however it might be hard at the beginning

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=78381

They also forgot to add that Gasquet is on the one hand the next Federer and on the other hand is overrated.

Robredo Boredo has never belonged to the top 10.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
country flag *snowflake*

*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, that's helpful. Thanx
Old 08-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

There's an announcement by the webmaster at the top of every forum about the rules of this board.

And some subforums have their own rules/guidelines, you can find them as sticky of the top of the forums.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

And for what will get you banned, this thread is very helpful.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=91035
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
country flag Naranoc

Naranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you pretty much summed it up with the not taking things too personally thing, and if you avoid being too "sensitive" and just laugh things off, especially in GM, then that's the first step to getting along well with most posters. This is especially since you like some players with quite a few haters (Nadal, Canas), and having a pink font will automatically earn you "fan girl" accusations

Some other things:

- Threads by a poster called "RaVeR", who coined the term Ljuba Truba for Ljubicic, are nearly always replied to by . He's a forum legend.
- Oscar Hernandez is almost universally referred to as "The King", and has many admirers here.
- Try backing up most of what you say with fact and being objective when it comes to your favourites...and avoid getting into arguments with the trolls.
- People here become known either through their intelligent tennis discussions, posting in the chat threads or being idiots.

There's an annual Arse Clown Contest to celebrate some of the :retard: posters in the forum - nominate here, or have a look at some of the pages randomly, so you get an idea of some of MTF's notorious posters, etc.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=97189

Have fun
Naranoc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #7
country flag *snowflake*

Oh well, i don't worry about getting attacted, i can take care of myself.
As for my pink font, yea i see that some ppl have a problem with it, msg for them - get over it.
And yea you can accuse me of being a "girl fan", cause yes i am a girl and yes i am a fan. I never got the memo that you have to be boyish or a lesbian to like tennis.

Overall it's all good. Thanx for the info!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #8
country flag Naranoc

Naranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ah no, you misunderstood! Key term no.1 - "fangirl", which is very different to "girl fan"

Fangirls are seen as only liking tennis for the "hot guys" or other superficial reasons, jumping onto bandwagons very quickly, not knowing much about the specifics of the game, etc
Naranoc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #9
country flag *snowflake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naranoc View Post
Ah no, you misunderstood! Key term no.1 - "fangirl", which is very different to "girl fan"

Fangirls are seen as only liking tennis for the "hot guys" or other superficial reasons, jumping onto bandwagons very quickly, not knowing much about the specifics of the game, etc
So basically a tennis groupie. Okay, i thought so.
Ahh the power of pink letters...
There ain't that much hot guys in tennis so it must be the game for most of the time.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

One more thing: pork meat is one of the delicacies most loved by MTFers, and as a "vegetarian" you will probably have to put up with one or two more barbeques this year.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Rule #1 - If you agree with anything GlennMirnyi posts, you're an idiot.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:12 AM   #12
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Rule #2 - Don't take anything adeegee says seriously.

And pink font is hella annoying on the old blue layout (which I still use). Does it look better on the new color scheme?

Did I really just say 'hella'? WTF?

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #13
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Fucking awesome that 2 of the thread referenced here are started by me
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #14
country flag *snowflake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonE View Post
One more thing: pork meat is one of the delicacies most loved by MTFers, and as a "vegetarian" you will probably have to put up with one or two more barbeques this year.
Hopefully there won't be any "piggy roasting" threads any time soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
And pink font is hella annoying on the old blue layout (which I still use). Does it look better on the new color scheme?
I'm using the other one...it looks a lil annoying when it's quoted tho...
Old 08-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #15
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

yea, that font should be changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote