Multiple Very Similar Threads - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
country flag Solie
Banned!

Solie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Multiple Very Similar Threads

At the moment General Messages is clogged up with numerous discussions all on essentially the same themes. Some threads do deviate slightly, but many others are essentially posing the same question or the title is simply the same as another thread but reworded.

For example, 'Djokovic heavy favourite for US Open?' and 'Will Djokovic win USO 2014?' are both current threads on the first page.

Or 'So we can finally say with confidence, Fed is done with winning slams?' and 'Did Federer blow his last chance for 18?' are also current threads on the first page.

More than that there are numerous threads that contain within them the same discussion that are essentially focusing on analysis of the match or predictions/opinions on the future.

It's obvious that at moments like the Wimbledon final or other Grand Slam finals, as well as in the time period building up to Slams, there will be an outpouring of discussion. However, I was wondering if General Messages couldn't be streamlined a little bit more so as to concentrate discussions in the same thread rather than having what are essentially duplicates popping up or having threads that end up spinning out into duplicates.

There are three ATP 250s about to begin tomorrow as well as Challenger finals taking place over the weekend and kicking off on Monday. While there are other areas of discussion following a slam beyond the outcomes of the top four that could be reflected on. However discussion of these are difficult to get going if the first page of General Messages gets clogged up with many threads discussing the same issues when they could perhaps be contained to only a handful of threads.

Without meaning any criticism I was wondering if perhaps it's something moderators could monitor in the future at times of major moments in the year for the improvement of General Messages.
Solie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2014, 03:25 AM   #2
country flag Pablo23

Pablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multiple Very Similar Threads

Agree. Half or more of these threads are vacuous futurology attempts/fake-history/never-will-happen WWW threads.
Heck, we just have these two different threads "Which events the rest of 2014 will Djokovic win?" (no comment on grammar here. Sportstennis would be proud) and "Which events the rest of 2014 will Rafa win?" that are exactly the same thing, and could be merged. The same applies for many threads from Sunday, I think.

Roger Federer - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Lleyton Hewitt - Dominic Thiem

TT Singles [ Gen. Rank: #152 / Best Rank: #152] [ Titles: - ] [ Finals: ATP Bastad '14 ]
TT Doubles [ Gen. Rank: #165 / Best Rank: #164] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi '14 - Busan '14 ] --> with MachineGun

Playing since Dec. 30 2013. Last Update July 14 2014

Last edited by Pablo23 : 07-07-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Pablo23 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

You can always report those threads via report button, and most likely they will be merged.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
and most likely they will be merged.
...and then you wake up. Right?
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

GM is really a mess. especially after a slam final. Don't expect any improvements in GM, it has always been like this and that will not change.

Del Potro-Dimitrov-Ferrer-Wawrinka-Hewitt
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
Dave_92

Dave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

So many threads..and they are all saying the same thing.

4 arguments = 20 threads.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

#bel18ve

..thanks for playing during my lifetime..you're amazing..
Dave_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
country flag Solie
Banned!

Solie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond reputeSolie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
You can always report those threads via report button, and most likely they will be merged.
I was hoping for a bit more of a proactive rather than reactive response to be honest. A lot of threads can have slightly different titles or look as though they may have a specific point to make but they soon break down into discussing the same old issues. Maybe a few threads could be Stickys to concentrate discussions, one thread focused on the current merits/prospects of the big four could combine about ten current threads into one.
Solie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
country flag Crustaceok

Crustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond repute

OP banned Why?

Garin - Lama - Jarry - Podlipnik - Malla

Tennis Tipping (actual/best)
Singles: 135/135 - W: Tianjin CH / RU: Rovinj Fut, Gimcheon CH
Doubles (w/Chilenaitor): 155/155 - W: Kyoto CH, Samarkand CH / RU: Rimouski CH, Vicenza CH, Bucharest Fut
Crustaceok is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
country flag Steve
webmaster

Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond repute

In another thread he wished injury on someone which is a major infraction. One month ban given

KN Community Support
Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #10
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Basically because it looks like Solie doens't like my WWW? threads when Kenny de Schepper plays. He wished an injury to that player just to stop reading my threads with that "disgusting" introductions

In fact, most than a half of Solie's messages on the forum don't look very lively. I think that he/she doesn't get the idea that this is a place to spend our free time, that he/she is a little bit delusional if he/she doesn't read my posts between the lines and knows what my real intentions are. This is not a place where to spend time if you are not in a good mood. The thing is simple: I like de Schepper and I follow his progress. And, as I like him, I create posts about him like every fan does in the GM. Who would care about a player that is outside of the big positions? Nobody. Even in that forum where people has a high tennis knowledge. What to do to make things more interesting? For me the thing is simple: when I write him, I make them more "interesting" let's say by giving a different way to analyze all the things. I don't disrespect nobody and I give constructive messages. I don't spend a lot of space in the GM, just 1 post per match as it happens in every match of the ATP/Challenger tour. If he/she was not happy with them, just don't read the threads or ask a mod if what I do is correct or not

In addition appealing a ban is a better option than creating a new account while you are banned. And if one decides to do the second thing, the nickname should be different than your old nickname + a 2 at the end.

Welcome to our newest member.
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet - Dominic Thiem - Santiago Giraldo - Kei Nishikori
Dimitrov - Wawrinka - Youzhny - Haas - Cilic - Gulbis - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee - Lizariturry

Last edited by VamosRafaNadal : 07-07-2014 at 04:56 PM.
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote