Yet another Proposal for GM - No new proposal (Stop pedantism) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #1
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yet another Proposal for GM - No new proposal (Stop pedantism)

This is not supposed to be a place for elitist reviews/analysts only.

Anyone should be welcome to tennis conversations, "serious" or not completely serious. That kind of ideas separates people in groups, which is just wrong for a sport as popular as tennis.

Thank you.

(Since December 30th 2013) <Last update: May 28th 2014>
TT Singles [ Gen. Rank.: #203 / Best Rank.: #203 / CH Race: #27 ] [ Titles: Rimouski '14 ] [ Finals: Busan '14 ]
‘ TT ‚ Doubles [ Gen. Rank.: #164 / Best Rank.: #164 / CH Race: #7 ] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi '14 ; Busan '14 ] --> with Pablo23
PAW [ Gen. Rank.: #62 / Best Rank.: #62 / Race: #32 ] [ Titles: - ]
ST [ Gen. Rank.: #55 / Best Rank.: #54 / Race: #25 ] [ Titles: Indian Wells '14 ]
FITD [ Gen. Rank.: #115 / Best Rank.: #115 / Race: #TBA ] [ Titles: - ]
MachineGun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #2
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Proposal for GM - No new proposal (Stop pedantism)

come now, how are we supposed to pride ourselves on our armchair analysis otherwise?

Pay your respects to the vultures....

Did you know: the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel?

Commiserations to the Fedturds
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #3
country flag zjtennis

zjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Proposal for GM - No new proposal (Stop pedantism)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post

Anyone should be welcome to tennis conversations, "serious" or not completely serious. That kind of ideas separates people in groups, which is just wrong for a sport as popular as tennis.

Thank you.
(Is it about me? )

I am kind of OK about the Advanced Discussions thread but it is not like there won't be any fun left with many threads still has trolling/human reaction/armchair analysis or such. My "new proposal" was just to make all of the "NewsBot" articles be in one place, but I think unlike Advanced Discussions humor would still be allowed. I was actually thinking also about putting all of the results of matches on one place (also as an anti-spoiler thread to those who don't want to know the results but wanted to participate in other discussions) but most of the traffic here is due to that too so I think leaving it in the front page is appropriate.
Salute to Treat Huey for representing the Philippines in ATP Doubles!
--------------------------------------------------
ATP Tour Calendar Week 28: Bastad, Newport, Stuttgart - The week where Grass and Clay collide! (Why no Hard?)
Djokovic is the new Federer 2014?
Check out Tennis Draws on Tumblr for caricatures of tennis players on tennis draws (w/ other caricatures too)!
zjtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #4
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another Proposal for GM - No new proposal (Stop pedantism)

ACC campaigning in full swing, I see.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM   #5
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you.
I don't think that was the idea behind AD. Nothing wrong in keeping "serious" discussion troll free. Anyone is still welcome to post, but I'm not sure why polluting good threads with garbage would be a good thing. Besides, a subforum makes these threads more easily accessible. I for one find the search function often less than reliable.
Hope it is clear now, tool!
oranges is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #6
country flag ClutchOnandWin

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Attention seeking to the fullest. Why wouldn't you make your bone about the advanced serious discussion idea in the thread itself?

It was ought to be called 'the treasure trove' anyhow and then a member's final post altered the decision. Trust you though to brand it elitist because it opts to exclude troll-boys and fan-boys tho.

Sorry if you feel ostracized.
Tennis is a battle of not only skill and tactics but also character, a test of one's character, a bit like poker in a way, when to stick and when to take that risk. It’s about keeping your head in the tough, pressure cooker situations and to capitalise when you have got some momentum going.

In tennis there are three types of players, ones with all the talent but lack the character and work ethic, those with all the character and work ethic but are limited in terms of talent and of course those who have it all. An example of a player with all the character, work ethic and talent is Novak Djokovic.
ClutchOnandWin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #7

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
I don't think that was the idea behind AD. Nothing wrong in keeping "serious" discussion troll free. Anyone is still welcome to post, but I'm not sure why polluting good threads with garbage would be a good thing. Besides, a subforum makes these threads more easily accessible. I for one find the search function often less than reliable.
He knows it wasn't the idea, he just wants your attention and responses. The bloke even replied in the thread itself.
Tennis is a battle of not only skill and tactics but also character, a test of one's character, a bit like poker in a way, when to stick and when to take that risk. It’s about keeping your head in the tough, pressure cooker situations and to capitalise when you have got some momentum going.

In tennis there are three types of players, ones with all the talent but lack the character and work ethic, those with all the character and work ethic but are limited in terms of talent and of course those who have it all. An example of a player with all the character, work ethic and talent is Novak Djokovic.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #8
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Was waiting for some complaints. Good for the game.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #9
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
ACC campaigning in full swing, I see.
As if.

I care more about the state of GM - whose slowly turning into an elitist mess - than ACC.

TT Singles [ Gen. Rank.: #203 / Best Rank.: #203 / CH Race: #27 ] [ Titles: Rimouski '14 ] [ Finals: Busan '14 ]
‘ TT ‚ Doubles [ Gen. Rank.: #164 / Best Rank.: #164 / CH Race: #7 ] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi '14 ; Busan '14 ] --> with Pablo23
ST [ Gen. Rank.: #55 / Best Rank.: #54 / Race: #25 ] [ Titles: Indian Wells '14 ]
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Was waiting for some complaints. Good for the game.
I don't know why you just don't put your foot-down.

They'll keep trolling as long as you let stuff like this slide.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM   #11

Quote:
As if.

I care more about the state of GM - whose slowly turning into an elitist mess - than ACC.
Stop watching movies like brave-heart. No land is being taken by the elitist English.

Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #12
country flag MachineGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
Attention seeking to the fullest. Why wouldn't you make your bone about the advanced serious discussion idea in the thread itself?

It was ought to be called 'the treasure trove' anyhow and then a member's final post altered the decision. Trust you though to brand it elitist because it opts to exclude troll-boys and fan-boys tho.

Sorry if you feel ostracized.
It's funny, you're answering exactly like a person full of himself would. So your presence in there is perfectly appropriate.
That's good, keep up the good work.

"Treasure Trove" was even worse, if you ask me, as a title. Like - look! My comments are so precious, they're a treasure and deserve to be placed in the treasure trove!

I'm a man of every people, and this place is supposed to be popular (for the people), not a treasure trove.

Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #13

Quote:
It's funny, you're answering exactly like a person full of himself would. So your presence in there is perfectly appropriate.
That's good, keep up the good work.

"Treasure Trove" was even worse, if you ask me, as a title. Like - look! My comments are so precious, they're a treasure and deserve to be placed in the treasure trove!

I'm a man of every people, and this place is supposed to be popular (for the people), not a treasure trove.
Keep watching brave-heart movies mate.

Yes, I am stealing your land and taking over the ordinary person.

Ofcourse it would take someone of your limited intellect to think in this pattern.

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #14

Hilarious factor in all of this is the kid knows he's being irrational, but will rather play dense because he thinks it stirs up a racket.

Go and check it out; 'the people spoke' and the 'people' were in favour of it. Whatever 'party' you're leading as an MTF 'politician', it's supporters are wafer thin.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=485490

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #15
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Power to the peasants! Death to the aristocracy!

In all seriousness, this 'treasure trove' idea will fail. Or at the very least it won't be a roaring success as I suspect you think it will turn out to be. It will be subject to targeted trolling from certain individuals, even if it is supposedly going to be more strictly moderated. Serious, quality tennis discussion is not possible on this website, don't you know? For every one 'analyst', there are one-hundred 'trolls'. You can't keep them out.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote