Remove minor red cards from perma ban proces - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What path should MTF take?

exclude minor red cards in a perma ban proces to prevent meaningless accumulation. 3 33.33%
No change, its perfect the way it is now. 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2015, 04:28 PM   #1
country flag YodaKnowsBest
External Factor Expert

YodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remove minor red cards from perma ban proces

I want to remind people not to vote based on their personal feelings towards me, maybe you dont like me, but keep in mind that I'm not the only one who is on the verge of extinction. There is perhaps a friend out there who needs your help...

I'm affraid MTF is going to reach a record of perma banned posters this year with 15 perma bans so far. The stats are frightening and we are only half way through this year.
I want to preserve MTF diversity. Ofcourse the increase of perma bans is a result of higher activity on MTF, but the biggest problem is the accumulation of useless red cards. I'm not saying we shouldnt perma ban people anymore, just want to prevent harmless posters getting struck by the galotine.

Possible solution is to exlude minor red cards from perma ban proces.

Thread deleted count: 36
New Poll
Support my campaign to preserve diversity on MTF
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=676578

Last edited by YodaKnowsBest : Yesterday at 03:06 PM.
YodaKnowsBest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remove the red cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaKnowsBest View Post
Another solution would be to keep the red cards, but exclude all minor red cards involving the perma ban process.
this seems resonable

also, after a 5 year period all offenses should expire

Wins first clay event [x]

Wins first clay Masters [x]

Wins first clay Slam [x*]

*tbc on Sunday 7th June 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvol View Post
but of course in terms of tennis IQ the difference between Murray and Berdych is comparable to a nobel prize winning physicist and a door.
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #3
External Factor Expert

YodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond reputeYodaKnowsBest has a reputation beyond repute

Yes this is the vote ratio we need to keep to convince the Mods. 60/40 wont make the cut, we need atleast 70% votes.

New Poll
Old 07-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
External Factor Expert

Thank you Loosie, I'm going to find the first post to neg rep you.

New Poll
Old 07-29-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
country flag Loosie

Loosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond repute

Here I'll make it easy for you....looks like you have three other to bad rep as well.

Red cards should stay follow the rules and you won't get red cards, simple as that. I've managed to do it for nearly two years now, I'm sure you can too.
Loosie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #6
External Factor Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
Here I'll make it easy for you....looks like you have three other to bad rep as well.

Red cards should stay follow the rules and you won't get red cards, simple as that. I've managed to do it for nearly two years now, I'm sure you can too.
What do you think about the second option keeping the red cards, but exclude the minor ones from perma ban proces?

New Poll
Old 07-29-2015, 04:00 PM   #7
country flag Loosie

Loosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond repute

I see no need to change it.

Yes there may be a higher than usual number of permabans so far this year (14), but when you really look at the reason, 5 are for DAs plus there are 2 that are at the poster's request, that half of them. A further 5 are given the reason of 'Accumulation of infractions + multiple accounts"

So that leaves only 2 that are strictly for accumulation of infractions or multiple rule breaking only.

I think the red cards need to stay.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:05 PM   #8
External Factor Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
I see no need to change it.

Yes there may be a higher than usual number of permabans so far this year (14), but when you really look at the reason, 5 are for DAs plus there are 2 that are at the poster's request, that half of them. A further 5 are given the reason of 'Accumulation of infractions + multiple accounts"

So that leaves only 2 that are strictly for accumulation of infractions or multiple rule breaking only.

I think the red cards need to stay.
So you are saying we could have saved 2 posters? I truly hope Loosie you are not part of any rescue team out there. Every life is important and has great value.
We need to preserve as much variety as possible on this forum.

New Poll
Old 07-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #9
country flag Sapeod
Grassray to Hardcourtray

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a better solution to the problem. Don't act like an idiot and get infractions. Simple.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 6 finals, 9 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 10 WINS, 4 finals, 9 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $38,925,950 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 529-158...
TITLES: 34 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:02 PM   #10
country flag Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
I've got a better solution to the problem. Don't act like an idiot and get infractions. Simple.
Such a novel idea isn't it?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 PM   #11
External Factor Expert

Quote:
This is coming from a guy with 13+ infractions, containing mostly personal insults and discriminatory remarks. If I'm correct you have been permabanned once, you are even Lucky to be here.
Sapeod, you are either stupid or working that tongue better than Miley Cyrus.

MTF we are heading in the right direction. We might not convince the Mods to remove the red cards, but they cant ignore our votes either. Change is inevitable at this rate.

New Poll
Old Yesterday, 12:06 AM   #12
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5absmIJN24
Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM   #13
External Factor Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
+1
I guess you are still mad how I described your avatar.

I would greatly appreciate if the Mods dont get involved, especially when it comes down to votes...

New Poll
Old Yesterday, 01:21 AM   #14
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaKnowsBest View Post
I guess you are still mad how I described your avatar.

I would greatly appreciate if the Mods dont get involved, especially when it comes down to votes...
I don't care how you described my avatar. The fact is the rules around here are not hard to follow at all! I have been a member since 2005 and have not had even one infraction in the whole time I have been a member here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5absmIJN24
Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 AM   #15
External Factor Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
I don't care how you described my avatar. The fact is the rules around here are not hard to follow at all! I have been a member since 2005 and have not had even one infraction in the whole time I have been a member here.

On a more serious note I do appreciate your insight and all, but you have to realise your opinion forms a minority here. If we exclude Admins vote, you can clearly see the ratio we are heading in that clearly favours my statement.

New Poll