First Andy's arms, now Maria's face, boobs, body, - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2007, 05:27 AM   #16
country flag celia

celia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Andy's arms, now Maria's face, boobs, body,

Here's a close-up of Maria'a face. SHAPE definitely changed the shape of her nose (they cut off the end and lifted it a bit), and softened some of the angularity of her face.

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #17
country flag alelysafina

Location: In the middle of nowhere... and nowhere near the beach :(
alelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond repute

Holy photoshop batman!

I want to have my evil way with Tommy Robredo

Nikolay Davydenko Online

My Av was made by J'torian
alelysafina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #18
country flag celia

celia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond reputecelia has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: First Andy's arms, now Maria's face, boobs, body,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe le Bopper View Post
They slimmed her shoulders and her hips, among other things. It would be nice if this wasn't surprising, but we live in a culture where manufactured images rather than photos of individuals are the norm. I likely wouldn't have looked twice at this had I simply seen it on a magazine rack.
I agree 100% but I wonder if people realize how destructive this can be on girls (especially) self-esteem. Look at Britney Spears on the cover of Allure -- she looks like a completely different person. Here are the before and afters on Mz. Spears. How stupid do these magazines think we (the consumers) are exactly?

Here she is out and about recently -- front and back views:

and here she is photoshopped on the cover of Allure...

Old 08-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #19
country flag crazy diamond

crazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond reputecrazy diamond has a reputation beyond repute

I think the pics are nice....not in the lesbian way....
crazy diamond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #20
country flag adam_ads_n

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond reputeadam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute

Looks 1000 times better than on court...and actually they made her boobs look much bigger :|
adam_ads_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #21
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe le Bopper View Post
Maria is tall and long limbed, which can make her appear somewhat gangly at times. People misinterpret this as her being "too skinny", when it's fairly clear that this isn't the case. Her muscles are fairly well defined and she appears to be in very good shape for her physique.
Bonjour Becca. It's true Masha does look gangly at times which creates the misconceptioon that's she's skinny. I do wonder how much more weight she will add to her frame and if it wil hurt her game and great groundstokes.

Why is Allure so desperate that they need to put Britney Spears on the cover when she hasn't done anything as a singer in a few years and is out of control as a mother of 2 young children? I bet the magazine sales for Spears September 2007 cover dissapoint Allure.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #22
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by celia View Post
I agree 100% but I wonder if people realize how destructive this can be on girls (especially) self-esteem. Look at Britney Spears on the cover of Allure -- she looks like a completely different person. Here are the before and afters on Mz. Spears. How stupid do these magazines think we (the consumers) are exactly?

Here she is out and about recently -- front and back views:

and here she is photoshopped on the cover of Allure...

Celia, you make a pertinent point about girl's self esteem and how fixing picutes and magazine covers sends a bad and puzzling message to everyone especially girls. And to answer your question Celia, those magazines think you and females in general are naive when it comes to magazine covers. They think you don't understand what they are doing. But you do anyway.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:59 AM   #23
country flag Rumour

Rumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond reputeRumour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by celia View Post
First Men's Health make Andy look like a fool with beefed-up upper arms.

Now Shape magazine puts a generic blonde on the cover. Maria is practically unrecognizable, what with the new face, shoulders, bod, legs...etc etc
She is barely recognizable on that magazine cover and neither is B.S. later on - wow, just realized for the first time how appropriate her initials are Here's an interesting article on the art of airbrushing, imagine manipulation, photoshopping etc. (BTW here's a link to a source's website - with some very startling before-and-after photos - that is incorrect in the piece.) It's one thing to make a couple of minor changes and another to go overboard or do a complete overhaul, especially when it involves something as hugely deceptive as putting one face/head on another person's body

The only thing you owe the public is a good performance.
Humphrey Bogart [1899-1957]
Rumour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #24
country flag celia

Red face Re: First Andy's arms, now Maria's face, boobs, body,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumour View Post
She is barely recognizable on that magazine cover and neither is B.S. later on - wow, just realized for the first time how appropriate her initials are Here's an interesting article on the art of airbrushing, imagine manipulation, photoshopping etc. (BTW here's a link to a source's website - with some very startling before-and-after photos - that is incorrect in the piece.) It's one thing to make a couple of minor changes and another to go overboard or do a complete overhaul, especially when it involves something as hugely deceptive as putting one face/head on another person's body
Thanks for the link. A website called Jezebel recently ran a before and after on some photoshopping done on Faith Hill. It was incredible. It was also quite funny. if I find the link I'll post it.

And to the Cat: Unfortunately a LOT of teenage girls believe the media images that they see in magazines. You'd think that with all the actual images of Britney out there that people would not buy Allure, but they will. Manipulation works -- that's why the media continue to do it.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #25
country flag andy4maria

andy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these partsandy4maria is infamous around these parts

hey sharapova better than ana and kournikova
andy4maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote