anti-Roddick thread moved to Roddick forum? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:47 AM   #1
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute
Default anti-Roddick thread moved to Roddick forum?

Can someone please explain who moved this thread ( http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107920 ) and why? I mean, moving an anti-Roddick thread to the Roddick forum so that the mod there can just close it makes no sense whatsoever.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 AM   #2
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anti-Roddick thread moved to Roddick forum?

What a this KarolBeckFan.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
bad gambler

No idea but does it matter? It's closed one way or another.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #4
country flag Jogy

Jogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond repute

what is Karolbeckfan (= Cheater Fan) whining like a baby again about a thread of a player he hates?

RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!

Zero tolerance against dopers!

Last edited by Jogy : 08-15-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Jogy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #5
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
No idea but does it matter? It's closed one way or another.
It does matter. There are tons of threads in GM attacking players that are much worse than that one was, and they remain open. Why was this one closed?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Crybaby alert....
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #7
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotso View Post
It does matter. There are tons of threads in GM attacking players that are much worse than that one was, and they remain open. Why was this one closed?
Ok well that seems to be different to what you alluded to in your first post where you seemed to have a problem with the way the Roddick thread you referred to was dealt with.

As to this particular concern my response is going to be similar to the one I gave Tennis Fool about his thread being moved to NT from GM – if you think there is a thread in GM has overstepped the mark in terms of player bashing you have to let the mod group know via the report function. The fact that there may be some that still remain could be as a result of 1 of 2 things
- The moderator has not seen it as yet
- The thread has not been reported by another user to alert the moderator group

Now if you are alluding to the fact that the mods are showing some kind of bias towards certain players in terms of how certain threads are being dealt with I’ll point you to the following GM threads that have been closed/deleted in the past 2 weeks which have related to a player:
- “Watch Ljuba truba lose today”
- “is Gaudio gay?”
- “Fed is starting to look his age”
- “Roddick’s handshake”
- “Saturday Nadal bashing”
- “Jim Courier’s new boyfriend”
- “Lets have a laugh at American Tennis”

So again, not sure what your point is here. As I said above if you have a problem with some of the current GM threads got to let us know.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:47 AM   #8
country flag Scotso

I also find it odd that despite the great new rules of MTF, I have to put up with posts like the three in this thread.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #9
country flag Scotso

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
So again, not sure what your point is here. As I said above if you have a problem with some of the current GM threads got to let us know.
My point is that I'm curious what the barometer is for a thread remaining open or being closed?

Is any thread that is complained about closed? Why are some open (like the Pig Roaster or whatever thread) and this one closed?

Frankly, I don't understand why a thread that was posted about a legitimate news article was closed. If people made posts in the thread that were bad, then those posts can be deleted. But I fail to see why the thread itself is closed.

I'm well aware that you and most other people on this board don't like me very much, but I have the right to inquire about these things. The thread was not reported in GM and closed. It was moved to the Roddick forum. And then Deb closed it, because she is a Roddick fan.

That's a lot different from a thread being deemed unsuitable in GM.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:58 PM   #10
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Andy forum is a friendly place, we don't need to deal with that thread.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
country flag Scotso

The thread never should have been moved there in the first place.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty much sure that when mean threads about your favorite player are moved to his forum and they are closed, you don't complain about them. So yeah.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:07 AM   #13
country flag Scotso

Mean threads about my favorite player aren't moved to his forum.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:56 AM   #14
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

There is a moderator, who've I whittled down to one person, who has no clue what they are doing with GM threads.
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote