Montreal media not disappointed to see Andy leave - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 03:41 AM   #16
country flag Louche

Louche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond reputeLouche has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Montreal media not disappointed to see Andy leave

Quote:
Please do. You can't post something like this and not give a source.
Hey, Amierin-Ti-Amie - Nice to see you. Say hi to the guys.

I was trying to find stuff online about the Roddick thing - looked in Le Journal, La Presse and Gazette. Maybe I missed it.

Skin drawing

Old 08-14-2007, 03:43 AM   #17
country flag amierin
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

amierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louche View Post
Hey, Ti-Amie - Nice to see you. Say hi to the guys.

I was trying to find stuff online about the Roddick thing - looked in Le Journal, La Presse and Gazette. Maybe I missed it.
Back atcha Louche. We miss you.
amierin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 AM   #18
country flag GVGirl1

GVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Amierin and Louche!

This is some serious stuff about AROD. I have to see this article.
GVGirl1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 AM   #19
country flag amierin
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

amierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond reputeamierin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVGirl1 View Post
Hey Amierin and Louche!

This is some serious stuff about AROD. I have to see this article.
Hi GVGirl1! Welcome. And yes, I want to see it too.
amierin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 04:01 AM   #20
country flag lina_seta

lina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyman View Post
is this true can someone reliable confirm this

Well i was there in his match agaisnt baghdatis and djokovic.
I lined up late for autographs after bagh's match... he was the only player to storm across the aftermatch signing session.. unlike all other players who really took the time to sign as many as they could, he zigzag-ed his way through the crowd signing as quickly as he could and went away... (he clearly does not appreciate his fans too much)
wat a let down... his autograph was the only i couldnt get... but i got world #3,2,1 haha.. and ANDY IS NOT ONE OF THEM

then after the novak match i lined up early this time... and when andy came out after the lost he was SOOOO mad... he walked as close as running as u can get without actually doing it. And he was audibly repeating "F*CK, F*CK, F*CK"... and no fan moved or said anything cuz we were a lil bit shocked.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 AM   #21
country flag GVGirl1

GVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond reputeGVGirl1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amierin View Post
Hi GVGirl1! Welcome. And yes, I want to see it too.
Thanks for the Welcome. I am a lurker and never post, but this Andy incident interests me. If it's true, he won't hear the end of it in the US Press.
GVGirl1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 04:12 AM   #22
country flag lina_seta

lina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond reputelina_seta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten_Isse_Fan View Post
I read most of this in a newspaper, the rest I've heard from radio commentators.

So apparently Andy wasn't in his finest mood during his week in Montreal and he made sure that everyone noticed it. Here's some highlights :

After his loss to Djokovic in the quarters, he smashed his racquet so hard against the lockerroom wall that it went into the wall and Andy couldn't take it out.

He apparently repeatedly told some tournament volunteers to "Speak White" when they had trouble speaking English, saying that "This is North America, speak English". Smart and most definitely culturally aware...

He also spit on a linesperson water bottle after losing a point during one of his matches.

He suddenly left an autograph session for kids, complaining about the fact that he "couldn't understand what they were saying".

according to what i just recounted about the novak aftermatch the racket smashing is ABSOLUTELY possible...
in fact im sure he did something extreme once he was away from the public... boy was he pissed.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:13 AM   #23
country flag darnyelb

darnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond reputedarnyelb has a reputation beyond repute

he probably acted up a little, but I really really doubt it's as bad as the article is saying. C'mon, "Speak White" ?! Who actually believes he said that?
darnyelb is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 AM   #24
country flag lina_seta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic Tennis View Post
Hm..
This sounds odd to me, because the volunteers that brought players to practice courts were all VERY English, you know. They spoke good French, you know, but they WERE English.

im not sure what he meant by speak white... but a lot of ppl here speak english with a slight french accent... was he referring to that? anyhow that would be wayyy over the line... thats too rude.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:18 AM   #25
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but if anyone believes this they are completely retarded.

And no, a player isn't going to be happy and excited after losing a match. After losing would you like to deal with crowds of people asking you for autographs and pictures? Yeah no.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 04:21 AM   #26
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Most of this seems like utter BS to me. So what if he didn't sign autographs after a loss, most players don't and no decent tennis fan should expect them to.

He broke a racquet, whoop de doo (because no other player has ever done that before). Oooo, he said Fuck. Perhaps he should play in the NFL. They say it all the time, at the linesmen and referees, and that makes them macho.

You jerk Andy, you picked the wrong sport to play.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 04:22 AM   #27
country flag Rafa = Fed Killa
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER

Rafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Most of this seems like utter BS to me. So what if he didn't sign autographs after a loss, most players don't and no decent tennis fan should expect them to.

He broke a racquet, whoop de doo (because no other player has ever done that before). Oooo, he said Fuck. Perhaps he should play in the NFL. They say it all the time, at the linesmen and referees, and that makes them macho.

You jerk Andy, you picked the wrong sport to play.

Great Post. Most tennis fans need to man up.

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009

Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 04:25 AM   #28
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

This story sounds almost as bad as the one where someone claimed he crumpled up and threw away some children's birthday cards...right in front of them. It's so ridiculously out of character for Roddick that I have a hard time believing any of it. Especially the "speak white" part. And pretty much the rest of it. Where'd you get this from? The National Enquirer?
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 04:26 AM   #29
country flag Ten_Isse_Fan

Ten_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeTen_Isse_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so those are the two newspaper articles that mention Andy. The first one is about how the journalists have awarded the "Gentleman" award to Federer (Such a surprise). But they conclude with : Federer's attitude makes up for a jerk ala Andy Roddick. Sorry if that picture's a little blurry.

The second one's where his little antics are mentioned. The spitting, the racquet in the wall and the leaving the autograph session.

As for the Speak white comments, "this is North America", etc. they've all been heard on the radio by a friend of mine who's pretty reliable. I will ask him if that's what he really heard.

I know the articles are in French, someone probably understands it here, it's pretty late and I don't feel like translating. Maybe tomorrow.
Ten_Isse_Fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2007, 04:28 AM   #30
country flag lina_seta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post

well compared to the other players he definitely acted as the most spoiled one.
no one signs autographs after a loss.. thats the rule ... (cept dancevic cuz he was at home). Its the fact that even after winning andy acts indifferently.