David at RG.... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #61
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David at RG....

Nalbandian Advances
Clarin
http://old.clarin.com/diario/2004/05...es/d-05401.htm
We have to start with Nalbandian, who resolved more easily what many
thought it was going to be a tough person to beat: the French Richard
Gasquet, with his 17 years old, that one that shone in Buenos Aires's
clay, losing in SF against Coria.

The match was close, but the cordobes took advantages in the key
moments. 1) In the first chapter he had a break in the ninth game to
be 5-4; then, with his service was able to get a winner and close the
set. 2) The next set was so even that it looked like it was going to
end in a tie break. What happened? David prevailed again, now in the
eleventh game: 6-5. And defined with another great service. 3) The
broke each other twice in the last set, but Nalbandiar had the
service, and serve for match 5-4, but he made 4 unforced errors. They
ended up in a tie-break. And there's where David shone. It was his
best in the match and put the cherry on top with a beautiful volley
for clear 7-1.

The numbers, in 2 hours and 31 minutes, were: 6-4 7-5 7-6. Now,
Nalbandian will face Colombian Alejandro Falla (146°) in the second
round, he defeated the Dutch Kristian Pless.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #62
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

Love the quote of Forget, really nice and think its just true..
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:43 AM   #63
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that was my favourite too!
Old 05-26-2004, 04:05 PM   #64
country flag crigazzio

crigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond reputecrigazzio has a reputation beyond repute

The last point of the match was so great!!!!!I love to see it!!!

Ceci
crigazzio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 04:23 PM   #65
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

OOP thursday.

Court 2 11:00 Start
1. Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP) v. Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[12]
followed by:
2. Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Gilles Elseneer (BEL) v. Gustavo Kuerten (BRA)[28]
3. Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Barbara Rittner (GER) v. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[11]
4. Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Alejandro Falla (COL) v. David Nalbandian (ARG)[8]
Old 05-27-2004, 06:05 AM   #66
country flag bovenbuuf

Nalbandian Faces Falla
La nacion 27/5/04

PARIS - The fourth day will count just have three performances of the Argentineans. Well entrance of the Argentine morning, in the fourth turn of the session will begin to 11 (the 6 of Buenos Aires), David Nalbandian, the eighth seeded of series, will face in court N° 2, for the first time in his career, the Colombian Alexander Falla, 146° of the ATP Ranking, ocoming form the of the qualifying rounds, and obtained challengers of Bogota and Salinas.

Old 05-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #67
country flag merle

merle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond reputemerle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovenbuuf
Love the quote of Forget, really nice and think its just true..
Aww, yes, that was really lovely quote.
merle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #68
country flag bovenbuuf

yes he won 57 60 62 60, good match. Satureday he will face Koubeck
Old 05-27-2004, 07:48 PM   #69
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Well done David

Good Luck Saturday
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:00 PM   #70
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Bien hecho David

Congrats
Old 05-27-2004, 08:10 PM   #71
country flag moonlight

moonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond reputemoonlight has a reputation beyond repute

two bagels today.

Good Job, David

Good Luck against koubek!
moonlight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:19 PM   #72
country flag jazz_girl

Yes! Next up Koubek!!!! Vamos David, you can totally do it!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #73
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know why but I see easier his match ag. Koubek than the one he played today.

Hope this can become true.

Buena suerte David
Old 05-27-2004, 09:09 PM   #74
country flag jazz_girl

I hope so too!
Old 05-28-2004, 11:31 AM   #75
country flag jazz_girl

Quotes from David:
"It's always difficult to play against someone you don't know. It happened to me in the start. Then I played very well. Big tournaments are the ones I like the best. And I want revenge here."

"Siempre es difícil jugar contra alguien que no conocés. Me pasó en el comienzo. Después rendí muy bien. Los torneos grandes son los que más me gustan. Y acá tengo una cuenta pendiente"

"I couldn't find the way to play the match till the end of the first set. He came to the court very motivated, but from there on I started to move him a little and that strategy worked"
"No le encontré la vuelta al partido hasta el final del primer set. El entró muy motivado, pero de ahí en adelante lo empecé a mover un poco y esa estrategia dio resultados"

"Here is difficult to go to the net, but I like clay. The thing is to be always ahead, on the base line, dominating the points. If it's not possible, then we'll have to use another strategy."
"Acá es difícil ir a la red, pero me gusta el polvo de ladrillo. La intención es estar siempre adelante, sobre la línea de base, dominando los puntos. Si no se puede, habrá que buscar otra estrategia"

"In this level anything can happen, like what happened to Ferrero and Grosjean. Tennis is very hard for the physic, it's not easy to maintain the regularity and even more with all the surface's changes. That's why there are surprises in every tournament. In a 5 sets match the weirdest things can happen. My draw hasn't opened much yet, but it's the same, to be a champion you have to beat everyone. And I'm willing to play to whoever it is."
"A este nivel puede pasar cualquier cosa, como lo de Ferrero y Grosjean. El tenis te exige demasiado físico, no es fácil mantener una regularidad y más con los cambios de superficie. Por eso, en todos los torneos hay sorpresas. En cinco sets pasan cosas rarísimas. Mi cuadro todavía no se abrió mucho, pero igual para ser campeón hay que ganarles a todos. Estoy dispuesto a jugar con quien sea"
About Koubek:
"He's tough, weird, there are times where he plays very well and in others not so much."
"Es duro, raro, por momentos juega muy bien y en otros no tanto".