David Pics Ferrer - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2008, 04:18 AM   #811
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Pics Ferrer

Oh, Pics.

I guess there will be no song writing and picture posting here this year.
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2008, 04:40 AM   #812
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Interview after the loss to Nishikori
Saturday, August 30, 2008

Q. So how was today's match and how was Nishikori?

DAVID FERRER: He's a very good player, no? Young player, plays very well and serve really well. Good level, no? I like it much.

Maybe the fifth set I did my best point and he take the chance, no?

Q. How is your condition?

DAVID FERRER: My condition? Now I'm not too much happy, but it's okay, no?

I fight a lot, and Nishikori plays better than me I think.

Q. You won a terrific five‑setter against Nadal ‑ I might be mistaken ‑ last year.

DAVID FERRER: No, four sets.

Q. But nevertheless, do you relish a night match that really is a slugfest in the end, a very difficult match both ways, that lasts a long time?

DAVID FERRER: Last year is past and now is present. I think every match is different, no, different points, different conditions, and I don't think so.

Q. In the first two sets it looked like you were having some trouble returning his serve. Was it just too hard for you? Was it just hard to see?

DAVID FERRER: No, I don't know. Maybe the first set I was 4‑2 with break up, and I play so bad this game, no, with my serve.

I don't serve very well. Maybe in the fifth set I don't serve very well. I played very regular all the match. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

But this is tennis and Nishikori plays pretty well.

Q. Did he surprise you in the first couple sets, like how high of a level he was playing?

DAVID FERRER: No, no. Because I know Nishikori won this year tournaments to Blake. No, I know surprise.

Q. He called the doctor, trainer. How did you think about it?

DAVID FERRER: I don't think nothing. I am focus on my game and for the next point, no?

I don't think nothing.

Q. Do you think you should have maybe called the trainer yourself?

DAVID FERRER: No, it's not a problem, no? It's the rules of the game, no? He can call to the training, and he did.

Q
. Which shot made you difficult to play from Kei?

DAVID FERRER: Well, my forehand, no? I did ‑‑ I had big problems with my forehand and I did made mistakes, a lot of mistakes.

And him, no, maybe the backhand of him really well, no.

Q. Looked like you were getting a little unnerved out there and banging the racquet. Did it hurt you at all when you were getting upset? Do you feel like you were a little bit frustrated?

DAVID FERRER: It's normal, no? It's my mentality. It wasn't to be nervous. But if I don't stay nervous I cannot play very well, no? I need this one, and, no, nothing.

Q. Are you impressed with Nishikori? He's only 18 but he plays with a lot of poise, like he's 25 or something.

DAVID FERRER
: He's a very good player, no? I know that. I was saw last year in Tokyo and I like it too much. It's not a surprise. For sure he will be a very good player, no?
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.

Last edited by finishingmove : 08-31-2008 at 04:45 AM.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:03 AM   #813
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Ah gotta love pics. It's a shame he lost though

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:06 AM   #814
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not David Ferrer's Greatest Moment

I figured it's meltdown night so I'll post a video of Ferrer against Nishikori. I haven't seen it on here either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8flsT0jEak
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 AM   #815
country flag BalkanBoy

BalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBalkanBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not David Ferrer's Greatest Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
I figured it's meltdown night so I'll post a video of Ferrer against Nishikori. I haven't seen it on here either.

what was he saying?

Something tells me it was very sexist
BalkanBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:10 AM   #816
country flag JimmyV

JimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond repute

Last years semifinal was better, when he kicked the match clock in Ashe and it stopped working.
JimmyV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:11 AM   #817
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

He is talking to himself. "I can't hit the ball because my head is (curse) up. So the umpire warns him for the vulgar language and then he asks about the warning, finishing off with "Eh, you're a woman and they can't do anything, anything."
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 AM   #818
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

ferrer is a tosser.

i thought that umpire was american. i didnt know she understood spanish
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:12 AM   #819
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Last years semifinal was better, when he kicked the match clock in Ashe and it stopped working.

pics
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:24 AM   #820
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Great Ferrer!!

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:31 AM   #821
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Great moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:47 AM   #822
country flag Geo

Geo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond repute

a bit insulting to women though.

My favorite part was "Why Mr. Warn? Why warn me now?" He said "Mr. Warn" after the umpire gave him a warning
Geo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:06 AM   #823
country flag David.

David. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post

To my ears, Ferrer appears to be speaking english at the end and I don't hear him mention anything about women. He seems to say, "It's normal....I do again....normal", then he says something inaudible and "nothing, absolutely nothing". The translation below seems to have more than I can hear him say. I think the programme makers made up the subtitles to either make a joke or stir a bit.
David. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:13 AM   #824
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond repute

hilarious
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #825
country flag Zirconek
Tęnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer later apologized

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/t...o/1159928.html (in Spanish)