Wayne Odesnik - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #46
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wayne Odesnik

Pretty incredible, great comeback too!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #47
country flag Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

A real shame for Odesnik. At least two match points in the second
set, including one on his own racquet at 5-4. When you are in position to make a final, you need to take advantage of it.

Very good week overall however for Wayne. Hopefully he can sustain
the level of play he displayed at Houston......
Chaos Inc. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #48
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Man is he a hard hitter Good for him getting to the second round
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #49
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Canas has been in terrible form, but what an impressive win for Wayne

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 05-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #50
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

This is just excellent for him, way to take advantage of that wildcard.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:34 AM   #51
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Next up is H-T Lee, who's not very fond of clay at all. Wayne has a really good chance to make the third round. I'd probably put him as the favorite considering their recent forms and the surface. Winner will most likely get Djokovic
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:47 AM   #52
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Cool article on Wayne on ESPN.com. Some good info about the match against Canas and his new coaching relationship with Felix Mantilla.

Quote:
At least one American has an affinity for clay courts
ESPN.com

PARIS -- A day after the American men broke their French Open hex, Wayne Odesnik buried it by beating 31st-ranked Guillermo Canas in the first round Monday for the most significant win of his career.

The stat sheet said Odesnik won in straight sets, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (3), 7-6 (8), but the drama and length of the match were worthy of a five-setter. The two men battled through three tiebreaks over nearly four hours on an outer court, leaving Odesnik nauseated and drained.

Wayne Odesnik advanced to the second round of a Grand Slam tournament for the second time in his career.

"I was just trying not to put [Canas] on a pedestal in my mind,'' said Odesnik, 22, who is 106th in the ATP rankings and earned a wild-card invitation to Roland Garros by winning a U.S. Tennis Association playoff.

Odesnik, a Fort Lauderdale, Fla., resident, came to the United States from South Africa with his family when he was a small child. He is the rare American player who relishes playing on clay, a surface he says suits his style and strokes. He played eight Challenger-level clay-court events last season, including one in Italy in which he was beaten soundly by Spanish clay-court standout Felix Mantilla, a 1998 French Open semifinalist who reached No. 10 in the world.

Earlier this year, Odesnik asked Mantilla to coach him, and the two began working together during the World Team Championships in Germany (where Odesnik played with James Blake) last week.

Mantilla sat courtside Monday, uttering quiet words of encouragement as Odesnik tried to close out the match. "Breathe,'' he said as Odesnik stalked around near the baseline in the third set, telling himself to relax. Odesnik proceeded to earn a break point with a low, lashing forehand shot from a full crouch. Later, Mantilla urged Odesnik to "Believe it, believe it.''

"He's really hungry, really motivated,'' Mantilla said. "I'm really excited and happy for him.'' Mantilla said he has been working to get the left-handed Odesnik to take more advantage of his opponents' backhand and be more aggressive at the net.

Odesnik seems to have absorbed both pieces of advice. He hit twice as many forehand winners (33) as Canas and rushed the net 39 times, converting on 30 of those chances. Canas, who has yet to show the form he had in his 2007 season comeback from a disputed doping suspension, served poorly and didn't have enough answers for Odesnik's aggressive, varied attack.

The two men traded breaks early in the first set. Odesnik fell behind 5-1 in the tiebreak, then won seven of next eight points. Neither player lost serve again in the match. Odesnik dominated the second-set tiebreaker but needed four match points -- one at 6-5 and three more in the third-set tiebreak -- to seal the win.

Odesnik beat then-11th-ranked Ivan Ljubicic in Montreal last year and reached his first ATP semifinal on clay in Houston last month. Although he appears to have a heavy dose of natural intensity, Odesnik said he's still striving for greater mental toughness, something he's been trying to improve through sessions with a sports psychologist.

"Yeah, just, you know, trying not to play too much towards the score,'' he said. "Focusing on what I have to do out there with my game plan and playing regardless of whether I'm up or down. Trying to keep level throughout the whole match.''

Commentator and former pro Justin Gimelstob, who occasionally trains with Odesnik, said his work ethic is admirable.

"Unlike a lot of the young Americans, he's completely determined and dedicated to performing well on clay,'' Gimelstob said. "This is a huge win for him emotionally and confidence-wise.''

Odesnik next faces No. 52 Hyung-Taik Lee of South Korea.

Two other young American men, John Isner and Bobby Reynolds, had their matches suspended because of rain. Isner leads Juan Ignacio Chela two sets to one but was trailing 4-1 in the fourth, and Reynolds had split sets with France's Thierry Ascione.

Bonnie D. Ford covers tennis and Olympic sports for ESPN.com. She can be reached at bonniedford@aol.com.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...tennis05262008
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #53
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article They replayed part of the match last evening on TTC so I was able to watch more of it. He played very well and kept his head and cool. Besides he has Felix!!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #54
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Wayne continues showing his fantastic form! Today he defeated Lee easily enough 6-2 4-6 6-3 6-2.
Next is Djokovic. Anyway he`s done a lot to make the waste of WC priceless for US tennis.

Brian Baker - James Blake - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #55
country flag Deboogle!.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #56
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased for Wayne. He's worked so hard through some lean times and this is just awesome for him.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #57
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

From what I saw he played pretty well those first 2 sets yesterday; Jmac made a good suggestion that his brother take Wayne O to Spain as a hitting partner
Let's hope that he was not a flash in the pan for just this tournie.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #58
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Pics from LA =) http://picasaweb.google.com/kaiadade...deClassic20082

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #59
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

US OPEN R1: Wayne def. Fabio Fognini 2-6 6-0 4-6 6-3 6-4
Plays Wawrinka next.

Brian Baker - James Blake - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #60
country flag Sexysova

Sexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond repute

US Open R2 - Stanislas Wawrinka def. Wayne Odesnik 6-4 7-6 6-2

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...9&p=7511#p7511

NICOLE VAIDISOVA

DJOKOVIC | GASQUET | GULBIS | FEDERER | RODDICK | STEPANEK | OTHER CZECHS

ALL MY TENNIS VIDEOS
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote