9 Yr Old Australian Boy Signs for Manchester United. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute
Default 9 Yr Old Australian Boy Signs for Manchester United.

Quote:
Grandad's DVD impresses club's scouts

Rhian Davis has a lot to thank his Grandad for. The 9-year-old who lives in Brisbane, Australia has been signed up for Manchester United after his Grandad sent the club a DVD of his grandson playing football.

Rhian, who was born in the UK and moved to Australia when he was four, is now returning with his family to live in Britain after the club invited him to join their youth academy. Rhain told the local paper: 'Being here has been brilliant so far. The best part has been meeting a lot of the players, like Wayne Rooney.'

His mother Leah said: 'He has hardly taken off his United shirt since he was invited over. It's a dream come true for him.'
The Kid has some talent. Good luck to the kid.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
country flag xcrap

xcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 Yr Old Australian Boy Signs for Manchester United.

just saw him play on sports new.

he is good, got ball skills.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:35 AM   #3
country flag alpay

alpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond reputealpay has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to make of this, honestly. When the world was going crazy over the 14year old Freddy Adu of the United States, I thought it was already a landmark in football talent scouting. Signing a nine year old?! That's gotta take the cake.. Man Utd's my team and I wish the kid the best of luck. It's the perfect club to go to for a youngster..

Suicide Tennis:
Runner-up (Hamburg '07)
alpay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpay View Post
I don't know what to make of this, honestly. When the world was going crazy over the 14year old Freddy Adu of the United States, I thought it was already a landmark in football talent scouting. Signing a nine year old?! That's gotta take the cake.. Man Utd's my team and I wish the kid the best of luck. It's the perfect club to go to for a youngster..
Them or Arsenal. Its a shame my 9 year old cousin doesn't take more interest in his soccer.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
bad gambler

Ethically this is simply not right.

FIFA really need to do something about these big clubs signing up kids at such a young age.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post

FIFA really need to do something about these big clubs signing up kids at such a young age.
He's only training with them, he won't officially become part of their academy until they offer him a scholarship at 11 or 12 to join their academy. Youth development is the lifeblood of many clubs, even some of the top ones. Whether this kid turns out to be a pro remains to be seen, it's a shame for him that the hype machine is already in over drive.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #7
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Must be the same scouts that took Krisnan Inu in their arms
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #8
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig-Jag View Post

The Kid has some talent. Good luck to the kid.
Im not sure if its the same kid or just got older but i saw something like this a couple of yrs back with a young gun trying out for Man U Good luck to him,that's one very LUCKY KID!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:43 AM   #9
country flag The Gucci one

The Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't see the problem in this case. This kid will still go to school and get an education.He will be living with his parents and 2 sisters. He will make new friends amongst his football buddies. Where is the problem I'm glad he signed up with my team. The only problem to me is that he will end up playing for England and not Australia.

QF Las Vegas 2006
QF Halle 2006
QF s-Hertogenbosch 2006
The Gucci one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:00 AM   #10
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

How old are his two sisters? I might move over to the UK and help the lad reach his dreams.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:23 AM   #11
country flag The Gucci one

The Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know Bolar the article I read didn't say

QF Las Vegas 2006
QF Halle 2006
QF s-Hertogenbosch 2006
The Gucci one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #12
country flag xcrap

xcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG47FDenyXw

kid in action
Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #13
country flag dave nz
Banned!

dave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond repute

Wanted to back him never to play for Man U I knew the juice would be massive and it sure is lol 1.02. Ummm no bet!
dave nz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:24 AM   #14
country flag rod_steel

rod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond repute

He looks like any other 9 year old kid you see on Saturday afternoon in the park
rod_steel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote