O/T? Players & Underwear - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
country flag VamosNyC

VamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default O/T? Players & Underwear

Just a random thought but I've noticed that most players, from many different countries like: Federer, NAdal, Djokovic, Tursunov, Haas, Ferrero, Lopez, Robredo, Hewitt and most others seem to wear briefs when they play....

However most Americans like Blake, Fish, Ginepri, Roddick (switched in 04) wear compression shorts?? I think in America there is some sort of stigma against briefs, like they're femenine or something, thoughts?
VamosNyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O/T? Players & Underwear

The Euros have more cock to hold
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
country flag mrserenawilliams

mrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond reputemrserenawilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Compression shorts keep your thighs warm and provide some protection against strains etc., but yeah, it's an American thing
Waffle House wants in on the action, but Andy insists he goes after the laydeeeeez instead.
The Official Sponsored Player of the MTF Perv Squad

My Top 5 ATP Hotties

mrserenawilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Compression shorts ride up less, especially if you are one of the players blessed with a round butt like James and Andy. Perhaps Nadal should try them, it might keep his fingers out of his crack for a few minutes.

I don't think anyone considers it to be feminine to wear briefs on court, I'm sure they all wear them off court. Doesn't surprise me that a few guys that are friends have picked up similar habits. One of them tries it and recommends it to another and so on, kind of like the way that same group got into online poker.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

The Americans don't aways wear the compression shorts.

At least Andy switches between them. I don't know a thing about the rest of their undies.

Briefs are probably just the most comfortable thing to play in. There is no stigma around them.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
country flag VamosNyC

VamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond reputeVamosNyC has a reputation beyond repute

Well i thought compression shorts were supposed to give some warmth but that musn't be the case since most of the Americans wear them year round, and btw Andy has only worn compression shorts since mid 2004, he doesn't switch.....Not that I'm a sicko for noticing but its the truth lol...

And I say the stigma thing because being from Spain but living in the States i don't know ANY younger str8 guys that wear briefs, I've heard them labeled as 'gay' many times by friends or whatever, which of course I know is absurd but It's really what I've heard them say.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

People of a certain age in the US seem to use the word 'gay' to mean 'stupid' or anything that they don't like, not necessarily 'homosexual'. I've heard it so many times in the last few years, I lost count.

It's just a preference, I seriously doubt there are any American tennis players who refuse to wear briefs because they don't want the other players to accuse them of being a homosexual.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

Gasquet wears blue briefs.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:41 PM   #9
country flag VamosNyC

Quote:
People of a certain age in the US seem to use the word 'gay' to mean 'stupid' or anything that they don't like, not necessarily 'homosexual'. I've heard it so many times in the last few years, I lost count.
I see your point but I am aware of the different connotations given to "gay" here, im totally bilingual and I've lived here for years but I do agree that the reason most Americans don't wear briefs isn't because they're afraid to appear gay, but It's probably more normal to them considering most guys in the States around their age don't wear briefs but boxerbriefs which closely resemble compression shorts.