At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live? - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #121
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
I've had the chance to watch him at FO, Wimby (almost every year), Rome and Hamburg, once at Basel as well
I think I might go to the TMC this year as well, we'll have to see
you are so lucky!!!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #122
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I know and I have to thank my grandpa for it, the guy has a pic with Rod Laver on 1962!
so we've been always huge tennis fans on my family and I have gotten the chance to watch tons of tournaments through the years

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #123
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
thankyou so much my LORD I will go to Shanghai this year again!!!!
How nice for you, that you will get the chance to see Roger again, Suk

Quote:
I've had the chance to watch him at FO, Wimby (almost every year), Rome and Hamburg, once at Basel as well
I think I might go to the TMC this year as well, we'll have to see
That's impressive When have you been to Hamburg? Did you liked the tournament?
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #124
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
How nice for you, that you will get the chance to see Roger again, Suk
Yes!!!!! Thankyou so much my LORD!!

but I don't know can I take pic with Roger again?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #125
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

my update:

TMS Toronto 2008

barely saw Rogi play... well he lost to Simon in R2... I was numb after that match but I got to see Rogi and Stan play two doubles matches: R1 d Benneteau/Niemeyer and lost R2 vs. Dlouhy/Paes
PLUS I caught Rogi's practices [despite ALL the rain we had, which thwarted Rogi] -- fun to watch him practise w Moya and Ferru and a couple of Canucks -- Rogi always got amazing receptions, esp after his R2 loss

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:21 AM   #126
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's impressive When have you been to Hamburg? Did you liked the tournament?
I went to Hamburg for the first time in 2002, for the final match when Roger defeated Marat Safin and back in 2005 for the Federer-Gasquet match

It was really really nice, the Rothenbaum Tennis Center is a great place to be, much better than the Foro Italico, the Hamburg Marriott Hotel offers good packages for the AMS if you want to go, the more the merrier, I went with my family and some friends, we were 10 and the price was really good 'cuz we booked with enough advance

too bad Hamburg won't be a AMS next year

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #127
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I went to Hamburg for the first time in 2002, for the final match when Roger defeated Marat Safin and back in 2005 for the Federer-Gasquet match

It was really really nice, the Rothenbaum Tennis Center is a great place to be, much better than the Foro Italico, the Hamburg Marriott Hotel offers good packages for the AMS if you want to go, the more the merrier, I went with my family and some friends, we were 10 and the price was really good 'cuz we booked with enough advance

too bad Hamburg won't be a AMS next year
Great to hear that you enjoyed it so much over there I don't live that far away from Hamburg and although I'm a huge tennis fan for nearly 25 years now I never went to a tournament before last year. I didn't wanted to waste the opportunity to see Roger playing live - I already missed to see my former favourite players.

It's really a shame that Hamburg is losing the Masters status The new date of the tournament doesn't fit into Roger's schedule and therefore he won't probably play there although he always stated how important this tournament is for him.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #128
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Great to hear that you enjoyed it so much over there I don't live that far away from Hamburg and although I'm a huge tennis fan for nearly 25 years now I never went to a tournament before last year. I didn't wanted to waste the opportunity to see Roger playing live - I already missed to see my former favourite players.
That was MY main reason to go there this year as well, as you know.

Quote:
It's really a shame that Hamburg is losing the Masters status The new date of the tournament doesn't fit into Roger's schedule and therefore he won't probably play there although he always stated how important this tournament is for him.
Yep. BTW, it has been reported that the German tennis federation will go into appeal to this verdict, but to be honest - I give them about 0,000000001% chance of winning it.
Lovely, lovely tournament. So sad to know that I in fact visited the final opportunity to see my fav players playing there, as I'm pretty sure neither of them will participate there any more.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #129
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to miss his last exho in Kuala Lumpur on 18/11 as i'm still at Shanghai at that moment.

Oh well, i pray hard he would into the TMC's final so that i can see him again.

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #130
country flag SUKTUEN

I will watch Roger first match in Shanghai this year!!!

GOD Bless Roger get healthy to go to Shanghai!!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #131
country flag Stawa

Stawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond reputeStawa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
I will watch Roger first match in Shanghai this year!!!
Oh you're such a lucky person!

I saw him playing almost every year at the Davidoff Swiss Indoors in Basel. You gotta love this tournament <3. Two years he wasn't playing because of injuries, but he went to the court and said hello to the crowd

.Kei Nishikori.Stanislas Wawrinka.Richard Gasquet.Gilles Simon.Ernests Gulbis.

.& my personal heroes Fernando Gonzalez, David Nalbandian and Marin Cilic.
Stawa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #132
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stawa View Post
Oh you're such a lucky person!

I saw him playing almost every year at the Davidoff Swiss Indoors in Basel. You gotta love this tournament <3. Two years he wasn't playing because of injuries, but he went to the court and said hello to the crowd
you live in Switzerland right? So you also have many chances to see Roger!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #133
country flag biological

biological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond reputebiological has a reputation beyond repute

I never have Still, that might change this year if I can make Wimbly or TMC in London
Old 01-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #134
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological View Post
I never have Still, that might change this year if I can make Wimbly or TMC in London
Sophie, hopefully you'll get the chance to see Roger playing live You will love it
Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #135
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Basel08

I had the privilege of seeing Rogi not only practise and play in his hometown last year but also got to see him win Basel and play the best tennis in the final vs. Nalbandian!! Fantastic week! It is the best experience to be able to see Rogi play in Basel, in front of his fans and on a fast indoor hc.

R1 d Reynolds in a tough three-setter! 6-3 6-7(6) 6-3
R2 d Nieminen in two TBs 7-6(6) 7-6(1)
QF d Bolelli 6-2 6-3
SF d Lopez 63 62
F d Nalbandian 63 64!!! (for his third Basel title in a row!)

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote