At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live? - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #196
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Paris-Bercy 2010 and 2011 twice against Gasquet : coincidence

I'm afraid I won't be able to see him in Bercy this year as they cancelled the week between Bercy and the WTF then I don't think he will play Basel-Bercy-WTF 3 weeks in a row

Yes it's great to see him live : really different from TV, and he's really different from the other players (I was mostly impressed by him and Murray for their touch of the ball, not much by Djokovic whose style is not really different from the others, didn't see Nadal)
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #197
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw him only at Rome 2012 defeating easly Berlocq in the 1st round, but I was lucky to see 2 half practices.
as we chatted with duong, I was mostly impressed by his footwork non only how he moves but how he touches the court and how he gets the energy from the ground.
On TV you can appreciate a little part of him, I wasn't impressed by Murray, but I wan't so close at to Roger. I appreciated a lot Nadal's footwork and FH as well.

Both RF and RN are much feline and explosive with their soft paws.

Now more I think of this more I want to see him again. Let's see.
Why don't they do the WTF in Rome or center Italy like Ancona??? Very confortable fo me

PS: After watching Roger playng in 5 meters from me I improved my inside out FH
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #198
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Though I've been watching live tennis since slightly before he was born, as far as I can remember I've only seen Roger play the once, and that was at the Wimbledon Olympics this year. (I usually keep clear of anyone I actually want to win at The Championships!). He and Wawrinka were playing the Japanese pair. I got a re-sale ticket for 」5 and ended up in the second row on No. 1 Court, almost behind the players' chairs! It's actually not a good point for viewing tennis from - you're too close to the ground, have all the chairs, including the umpire's, in the way, and it's difficult to see the lines through the net, but it does have some compensations . I was so close that, if I'd been a little more alert, I could have caught his wristband when he threw it at the end of the match.

I may have seen him while wandering round junior matches at Wimbledon, or before he became really famous, but this is the only one that I definitely recall. I must go and re-read my Wimbledon programmes ...
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #199
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Gee, that sounds great. And for only 5 pounds! too bad you didn't get the wristband
Old 09-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #200
country flag whatashot

whatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond reputewhatashot has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Roger for the first time at Wimbledon,3rd round 2006 against Mahut. Couldn't believe how low and controlled his backhand slice was. Saw him in 2007 Wimbledon Final against Nadal when he equalled Borg's 5 in a row. That was fantastic, amazing crowd roar when he won that one. Nadal had the trainer on but he didn't look injured. He asked the trainer to come back in the change of ends, but when he came on Nadal had disappeared off to the loo, hilarious.

Also saw Roger at WTF in London in 2009 vs Verdasco - a close match, Roger not in his best form. In 2010 vs Ferrer, wonderful sliced backhands again, really enjoyed that one as I like Ferrer as well. In 2011 vs David Ferrer again in semi final.

IMO Although Roger's forehand is the best shot, it is the backhand cross court topspin shots that cause the most wow factors. I can never understand why they say the backhand is a weakness because it is actually an amazing shot.
whatashot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #201
country flag Eden
Ole ole ole ole

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Current list:

Hamburg 2007 and 2008
Halle 2008 and 2010
Basel 2009, 2010 and 2011
Rotterdam 2012

DC in Bern against Portugal 2011
DC in Fribourg against USA 2012

Match for Africa in Zrich 2010
Adding:

Halle 2012
Basel 2012

DC in Amsterdam against Netherlands 2012
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #202
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #203
country flag Rogieva
Banned!

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

Finally I can add my name to this thread

WTF London 2012 - RR vs Ferrer

Roger won 6-4 7-6
Rogieva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #204
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Only Wimbledon but have big hopes for all of Roland Garros and WTF (as well as another Wimbledon) this year and possibly even the AO. Maybe I'll pop to Basel if I can at some point .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #205
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Though I've been watching live tennis since slightly before he was born, as far as I can remember I've only seen Roger play the once, and that was at the Wimbledon Olympics this year. (...

I may have seen him while wandering round junior matches at Wimbledon, or before he became really famous, but this is the only one that I definitely recall. I must go and re-read my Wimbledon programmes ...
I actually got around to looking at my old Wimby programmes last night, and sure enough Roger was playing several times on the day I was there around the turn of the decade. My usual practice back then was to aim for the old Court No. 13 (where the new No. 2 Court now is) because it was the only covered one that was ticket-less, so you could shelter from both the rain and sun, as necessary, and I see that he was playing the first match on, so I may well have seen him. OTOH, since I had no clue who he was back then, I may have gone for another court entirely. That'll teach me not to mark up my programme with the matches I've seen, won't it?
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #206
country flag spaniel

spaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond reputespaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Envy! I hope to see him this year at RG having tickets for 2 days round 1 at Chatriere but wih my luck he will play on Lenglen As a bonus ai got ticket to Paris Masters but I guess he wont play there.
spaniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #207
country flag ufiors

ufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond reputeufiors has a reputation beyond repute

Rome 2008 (taining)
Rome 2009 against Karlovic
2013 i hope.. :P
ufiors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #208
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #209
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

And I sow him again in Rome. I was lucky to congratulate to him and have the autograph this time during his practice session.
I could see 3 practices, the kids time and 2 matches.

Very very lucky and happy
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #210
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
And I sow him again in Rome. I was lucky to congratulate to him and have the autograph this time during his practice session.
I could see 3 practices, the kids time and 2 matches.

Very very lucky and happy
congrats, Luna! lucky girl