At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live? - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #166
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverfederer View Post
i saw him twice in Toronto at rogers cup this year.

it was the best experience of my life. i know im so sad

i like effing freaked out and hyperventilated when i saw him. he was even more gorgeous in person.. if thts possible
It's indeed really special to see him live I always already enjoy his introduction and the welcome of the crowd. Also of course the way he plays and the interviews and little actions afterwards, for example like this year in Halle after the match against Falla where he hit a few balls with a German sport commentator which was really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon99 View Post
First time: Basel 2009 vs Rochus.
Then: Bercy 2009
WTF: vs Davydenko
Rome 2010: with Allegro vs Querrey / Isner
French Open: First round / fourth round
Had tickets for the French Open and Wimby semis Sold them
Not very lucky as you can see
Unfortunately it's always a risk to have tickets for a match and don't get to see Roger because he had to withdraw (which happened twice when I had tickets for a tournament with him) or that he loses before you get to see him.

I prefer it to go to tournaments early in general because you get to see way more matches that way.

Will you go to Basel again this year?
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #167
country flag sabina_RF_lee

sabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond repute

you are all so lucky
Its my biggest dream to see JesusFed playing live, not happened yet
I doubt that it can ever happen

Last edited by sabina_RF_lee : 09-08-2010 at 11:07 PM.
sabina_RF_lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #168
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

many lucky Roger fans here!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #169
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you have really impressive Federer-CV's.

I only saw him once so far:
WTF 2009 London, group match against Murray
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #170
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

I was at that match too Apophis ... the fans seemed in 2 minds, while a lot of Brits wanted Muzza to win, they didn't want Roger to lose either. Fortunately, I have no such dilemma. Roger saw me in the crowd with my RF cap on after his oncourt interview, took out a wrist band from his bag and hit it towards me. You can guess the rest ... I stood dumbstruck watching this thing hurtling towards me and then spinning away

I was also at the Del Potro match at the WTF last year - right by the players' entrance .. he did not look happy with himself as he walked back down the tunnel! First time I saw him was at Wimbledon in 2005 q/f match with Gonzo - sitting behind Mirka + Tony Roche.

Never been lucky in the Wimbledon ballot since to get tickets on the days when Roger plays. Even when my friend and I both got tickets for the 2nd + 4th days in the first week in 2009 when Roger should have played (being the No 2 seed), the fates conspired against us ... Nadal pulled out and Roger's days were switched. Adding to our disappointment was the fact that on both days we had courtside seats Row A + Row B
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #171
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

I read your other post Minnie, great to see more posters here visiting the same matches. You are lucky to have both a slam and the WTF in your country currently.

Did you witness Roger receive the year end #1 trophy the day after he beat Murray?

That really sucks about Wimbledon 2009... how does it work, do you subscribe for tickets for a certain court and day, or just a court and have to wait which day you get? I may try as well someday.

In general, I think WTF is one of the best choices to visit I you are not a regular tournament visitor yet (like me) and just want to see some top players for the first time (like me). If you get tickets for 2 consecutive group days you will see the entire top 8 barring injuries, while at other tournaments you are often not sure who you get to see at a certain court, or your favorites may be eliminated early.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #172
country flag Apophis

Oh what i was really going to post, so awesome that he looked at you. You weren't carrying a Swiss flag were you?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #173
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again Apophis ... re Wimbledon ballot ... you just send off a stamped addressed envelope to the AELTC, by mid-December I think - and keep your fingers crossed! You'll find the info on the Wimbledon website. You never know what court you're going to get or what seats until you are informed by post that your application has been successful - usually by end Feb/beginning of March. Neither my friend or I had ever had such great seats as we got last year - probably never will again!

And yes, we were there to see Roger get the No 1 trophy at the WTF .. up in the gods - I think it was the following day after he beat Murray? We were there every weekday and to save a bit of money decided to alternate between having "vertigo" seats on some days and Level 1 on the others. Luck would have it that we chose Level 1 on the days Roger was actually playing.

I've often thought about visiting tournaments abroad .. but that's as far as I've got ... thinking about it. I'd like to visit the Basel tournament one of these days.

Finally ... no, I wasn't carrying a Swiss flag - just my red RF cap which he obviously spotted (and the fact that I was applauding his victory). I did feel a bit of a fool for just standing watching the wristband coming towards me and not realising until it was too late as it spun away that it was meant for me. Maybe I should have yelled out to him "Out"
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #174
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

:d:d
Old 09-13-2010, 03:42 AM   #175
country flag clandis

clandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond repute

Cincinnati past four years.
clandis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #176
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandis View Post
Cincinnati past four years.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #177
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
My current list

Hamburg 2007 and 2008
Halle 2008 and 2010
Basel 2009
Adding

Basel 2010
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #178
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Adding

Basel 2010
OH that's great!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #179
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

1st RR, semis and finals of WTF 2010
Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #180
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApproachShot View Post
1st RR, semis and finals of WTF 2010
Did you ever upload the pics you said you took?

For me its:
WTF 10 (vs Soderling)
WTF 09 (vs Murray)
Wimbledon 2007 (vs del Potro)

Pablo CARRENO-BUSTA - Juan Martin DEL POTRO - Grigor DIMITROV

Marcos BAGHDATIS - Julien BENNETEAU - Roberto CARBALLES BAENA - Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV - Dan EVANS - Ernests GULBIS - Robin HAASE - Nick KYRGIOS - Lukas LACKO - Leonardo MAYER - Giles MULLER - Lukas ROSOL - Dominic THIEM - Jiri VESELY
dombrfc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote