At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #136
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At which tournaments have you seen Roger playing live?

I should be seeing him play at Wimbledon this year - his first match. And again at the O2 in London for the Masters finals (or whatever they're called now). That's of course if Roger is still in the top 8 ... oops, sorry my joke!
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #137
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I should be seeing him play at Wimbledon this year - his first match. And again at the O2 in London for the Masters finals (or whatever they're called now). That's of course if Roger is still in the top 8 ... oops, sorry my joke!
Hope you get to see him play at Wimbly Minnie! And yes, Roger should still be there in the top 8 for the finals. BTW, the year-end tournament is called the "World Tour Finals" now.

If Roger doesn't show up there, it will indeed be the WTF Finals...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #138
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Karin ... don't worry, I expect Roger to be there at the WTF ... WTF ... did they realise when they called them that

After watching the Miami final today, Andy Murray is really the No 2 player now, no matter what the rankings currently say. Can't say I'm a fan of his style .. king of the junk ballers - but its effective and the one thing that makes my jaw drop is just how deceptively fast he is - and the impossible angles he creates from retrieving shots that I am positive will go long or wide but they don't.

I know a lot of Brits (and others) can't stand Andy ... but I'm impressed with the way he has gathered himself together over the past months, and his performance today was pretty mature. And I never for a moment thought he wouldn't win that match in straight sets .. and this is something I cannot say about Roger anymore This saddens me more than you can imagine ... to see him in the Miami s/f completely lose control of himself and the match was terrible to witness. But the presser was even worse .. he sounded so sarcastic and bitter .. it did not become him. Sorry ... off topic.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #139
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks Karin ... don't worry, I expect Roger to be there at the WTF ... WTF ... did they realise when they called them that
One of Mr. Disney Deville's uncountable Greatest Hits.
That's what you get when you let a Disney marketing manager rule a sports federation... :retard:

Quote:
After watching the Miami final today, Andy Murray is really the No 2 player now, no matter what the rankings currently say. Can't say I'm a fan of his style .. king of the junk ballers - but its effective and the one thing that makes my jaw drop is just how deceptively fast he is - and the impossible angles he creates from retrieving shots that I am positive will go long or wide but they don't.
Yep, I agree with you. In addition to what you already said, Muzza is a very intelligent player, who has the ability to adjust his game in 'no time' when his original gameplan doesn't work out the way he wants. I've noticed this a couple of times by now - he knows *exactly* when he needs to play aggressively, and when just 'junkballing' will manage to get the work done.
Can't deny he's indeed a very talented player.

Quote:
I know a lot of Brits (and others) can't stand Andy ... but I'm impressed with the way he has gathered himself together over the past months, and his performance today was pretty mature. And I never for a moment thought he wouldn't win that match in straight sets
I have no doubts that the British press very much compares to the Dutch one when it comes to idiotic overhyping of national sports results.

Quote:
.. and this is something I cannot say about Roger anymore This saddens me more than you can imagine ... to see him in the Miami s/f completely lose control of himself and the match was terrible to witness. But the presser was even worse .. he sounded so sarcastic and bitter .. it did not become him. Sorry ... off topic.
- alas, true, and I think it hurts all of us to witness, but most of all, Roger himself. Even if he'd rather bite of his tongue than admit it. ~sigh~

EDIT: back on topic.
I hope to see Roger in Halle this year, again!

Anathema

Old 04-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #140
country flag Minnie

Will you be seeing Roger play this year? I've only seen him once - the q/f at Wimbledon in 2005 ... when he was still very much the "darling boy". We've often talked about going to Miami, IW or NY for the tournaments there, but never made it... and we may well not do so in the foreseeable future, judging by how our currency is going down the drain
Old 04-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #141
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Will you be seeing Roger play this year ... or have you already? I've only seen him once - the q/f at Wimbledon in 2005 ... when he was still very much the "darling boy". We've often talked about going to Miami, IW or NY for the tournaments there, but never made it... and we may well not do so in the foreseeable future, judging by how our currency is going down the drain
I've seen him play at Hamburg and Halle last year already, together with Doris (Eden ). Both were a FANTASTIC experience - Hamburg because I met both of my two fav players, and Halle because of the lovely, intimate atmosphere over there.

I'm going to Halle again, and I sincerely hope he'll be playing there again - as I have this suspicion that that baby of his might not be waiting for August to make its entrance to the world .

I'm considering to go to Basel and Paris Bercy as well this year...

Anathema

Old 04-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #142
country flag Minnie

So you think Baby Fed is due mid-June? I'd have guessed (and it is only a guess) that the due date around mid/end July. Its difficult to tell how far gone she is from photos I've seen. I can't help remembering what Roger joked to Jim Courier after his first match at the AO when he said he'd watched a lot of sunsets while on holiday, the crowd started laughing and Roger said "... Yeah, and you know what else". He obviously wasn't just joking

Impending new fatherhood is a huge event in man's life, no matter how much he says how happy and excited he is - Roger's got a lot on his plate at the moment with that and the state of his game.

You're going to Basel? My husband has been to Switzerland and loved it and says he will take me one of these days ... maybe this could be the year ....
Old 04-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #143
Anathemaniac

Quote:
So you think Baby Fed is due mid-June? I'd have guessed (and it is only a guess) that the due date around mid/end July. Its difficult to tell how far gone she is from photos I've seen. I can't help remembering what Roger joked to Jim Courier after his first match at the AO when he said he'd watched a lot of sunsets while on holiday, the crowd started laughing and Roger said "... Yeah, and you know what else". He obviously wasn't just joking
Well of course I don't know anything, but I do know that it is a wise thing to do for 'celebrities' to announce having a kid on the way but to set the expected birth date a little LATER than the kid is actually expected. If all the vultures media are hunting for them coming Summer, it wouldn't hurt if they would be able to at some time in June, early July, just announce, 'oh BTW, we've just had the kid, and it's all going along wonderfully'.
Wouldn't mind to see that happening at all.

Quote:
Impending new fatherhood is a huge event in man's life, no matter how much he says how happy and excited he is - Roger's got a lot on his plate at the moment with that and the state of his game.
Indeed it is, but he's never made a secret of him wanting to become a daddy for quite a while now. He'll be a relatively young dad, but I'm sure it will make him happy - and that's what we all want him to be, no?
If anything, I expect the experience of him being a dad will rejuvenite him.

Quote:
You're going to Basel? My husband has been to Switzerland and loved it and says he will take me one of these days ... maybe this could be the year ....
Don't know for sure yet, but thinking about it, yes.
I've been to Switzerland only a month ago to go skiing there, and yes, it is a GREAT place to be. Should you want to join in, well just do so - PM me - and even if I don't, just GO. I've met a lot of wonderful Roger fans in Hamburg and Halle last year as well, it's a great experience to just enjoy seeing him play with all of his fans from all corners of the world...

Anathema

Old 04-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #144
country flag Minnie

Well, "summer" is about as "long" as you can make the date ... just as long as its not Halle (for you) and Wimbledon (for me) (I won't even begin to tell the sorry tale of tickets we've bought for this + that and the person we wanted to see hasn't been in the show on the night we've gone ).

I think what would make Roger happiest right now is for his game to be in a place where he wants it to be ... I have to be perfectly honest and say that the news of Mirka's pregnancy caught me by surprise because I didn't expect it for at least another year. But its their life ...

Well, at least we don't have to worry for a few weeks now about how far Roger is going to get in the next tournament - I'm glad of the break to be honest!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #145
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Well, "summer" is about as "long" as you can make the date ... just as long as its not Halle (for you) and Wimbledon (for me) (I won't even begin to tell the sorry tale of tickets we've bought for this + that and the person we wanted to see hasn't been in the show on the night we've gone ).
- same feelings here...

Quote:
I think what would make Roger happiest right now is for his game to be in a place where he wants it to be ... I have to be perfectly honest and say that the news of Mirka's pregnancy caught me by surprise because I didn't expect it for at least another year. But its their life ...
I wasn't that much surprised, to be honest, but that might well have to do about the fact that right now, I'm a consultant for TWO dear couples I know that are having problems having kids (in the IVF program by now, yes), and I'm happy to know that for Roger this kind of *troubles* is working out real fine for him and his lady right now. You just don't want to know how much of a burden it is to want to have kids and have to experience that it's just not happening the 'natural' way.
Glad for them that it did.

Quote:
Well, at least we don't have to worry for a few weeks now about how far Roger is going to get in the next tournament - I'm glad of the break to be honest!
Me too, Minnie.

Anathema

Old 04-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #146
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the update
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #147
country flag Spirit_fire

Spirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond reputeSpirit_fire has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Roger play for the first time at the AO quarterfinal against JMDP. It was INCREDIBLE. Very short match but I got to see Roger play his most amazing tennis....loved every minute of it. And I stayed to watch the rest of the quarterfinals too.
Spirit_fire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #148
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

I can add Basel 2009 to my list. I saw his matches against Rochus and Seppi, also the doubles with Marco
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:50 AM   #149
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

wimbledon ages ago where he lost in the first round against Ancic
Quarter-final and semis of 2005 AO against safin and agassi
1rnd vs hartfield,2nd vs santoro 2008 AO
3rd vs safin,4th round vs birdshit, Quarter-fina vs Delpony

Read my REPORTS OF THIS YEARS AO
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:54 AM   #150
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

hoping to see him at this years aussie open as well.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote