__||__ Hardcourt Season 2007 __||__ - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #751
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: **__||__** Hardcourt Season 2007 **__||__**

Sorry, I had no way to record it (no TiVo and my other equipment is busted). DOn't mean to rub it in but I can't wait to see the final.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #752
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariana_lcf View Post
oh i watched the match! i thought for sure after the first half there was no way france could win but they did! thats great now richie win tomorrow!!
yes me too! great fight from France.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:08 PM   #753
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Il s'est mis à l'heure rugby, tout simplement
Great day anyway.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #754
country flag *Sweet4Richard*

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute

Richard
*Sweet4Richard* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #755
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

It's a wipe out - Ferrer 6-1, 6-2 in 52 minutes!

I misssed the first 3 games but apparently all I missed was Richard getting broken twice and Ferrer flying around the court, crushing balls while Richard just watched or worse standing flat footed and missing. Ferrer was just too fast, too strong and too precise and Richard was totally confused - nothing worked, he looked really flat and had no fight - heard that before? He perked up a little at 0-3 in the second but it was too little too late.

It was a good 2 weeks and there were many positives that he can take from this. It is too bad he ran out of gas mentally and physically in the final. He'll never make it to the top until he can be at his strongest in the final rounds, not his weakest.

Rest up Richie and build on this good run to make it through to finals in Madrid and Paris.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:00 AM   #756
country flag Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond repute

I highly doubt he's going to make it past the first round (nemesis Nalbandian) of Vienna, which at least gives him some time to rest up for Madrid, Lyon, and Paris.

I am a fan of Federer, Gasquet, Baghdatis, the long-deceased Safin, Youzhny, Nalbandian, Rochus, Tsonga, the sadly-departed Santoro, and good, hearty, competitive tennis matches. The quality of my life does not rest solely on who wins these matches. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I can live quite happily after a player I like chokes, mugs, bashes, or otherwise succumbs to a loss.
Flibbertigibbet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 AM   #757
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
It's a wipe out - Ferrer 6-1, 6-2 in 52 minutes!

I misssed the first 3 games but apparently all I missed was Richard getting broken twice and Ferrer flying around the court, crushing balls while Richard just watched or worse standing flat footed and missing. Ferrer was just too fast, too strong and too precise and Richard was totally confused - nothing worked, he looked really flat and had no fight - heard that before? He perked up a little at 0-3 in the second but it was too little too late.

It was a good 2 weeks and there were many positives that he can take from this. It is too bad he ran out of gas mentally and physically in the final. He'll never make it to the top until he can be at his strongest in the final rounds, not his weakest.

Rest up Richie and build on this good run to make it through to finals in Madrid and Paris.
Yeah it has been great two weeks for him. But the way he lost today is a little bit shameful. From what I was watching the match, he didn't chase the ball and never fought. Just it looked like he wanted to throw it away because it didn't go to his way. If he played a bit much giving an effort, I wouldn't say it was disgraceful.

However he had good weeks in Asia. Hopefully this bounces him in Europe as well so he plays well in the rest of the tournaments.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:32 AM   #758
country flag Schu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbertigibbet View Post
I highly doubt he's going to make it past the first round (nemesis Nalbandian) of Vienna, which at least gives him some time to rest up for Madrid, Lyon, and Paris.
I doubt he will even show up for Vienna. If he does his game won't show up which is O.K by me cuz it gives another one of my favorite players, (Nalbo), a chance and richie can rest.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:14 AM   #759
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?!? At least good I didnt get up for that.
Ah well yeah nothing really new here. These were 2 good weeks in Asia anyway. Now get some rest and take the Paris TMS title!
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #760
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post
France beat New Zealand and the terrible All Blacks!

I'm sure richard watched the match and will be really inspired in his finale tomorrow.
If he really did that (starting at 3.00 am Tokyo time) I am not any more suprised about the result of the final.

Congrats to the French rugby team They must feel rehabiltated. I was in ´France when they lost the first match against Argentina and the papers were "killing" them.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:46 AM   #761
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted Richard to win but I can understand if he was tired. Plus Ferrer is a tough opponent (who outran Nadal at USO) so I can easily imagine he ran after all of Richie's balls. But anywho, Gasquet exceeded my expectations by winning a tournament and then making a final the next week. I hope he gets some rest before the next tourney.
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #762
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
I wanted Richard to win but I can understand if he was tired. Plus Ferrer is a tough opponent (who outran Nadal at USO) so I can easily imagine he ran after all of Richie's balls. But anywho, Gasquet exceeded my expectations by winning a tournament and then making a final the next week. I hope he gets some rest before the next tourney.
Sorry Brittany, but from what I watched, Ferrer didn't have to run after the balls that much. Richard played like shit and really defensively, while Ferrer played agressively.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #763
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

I think Richard is very tired physically and mentally that's why he played like crap. But I think with time, he will work on not giving up and rising to the big occasion. I think we should he less critical and congratulate Gasquet for a great two weeks. He made two finals back to back and beat Berdych (who isn't an easy opponent).
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #764
country flag my0118

Well but I was a bit disappointed. Yes he must have been tired indeed, but the match was disappointing not because Richard played so bad and lost but because he didn't fight anything from what I saw. Well he faced break points almost every on his serve. I'm really happy for him having the great weeks, yet I saw him he hasn't changed the attitude that much (playing 1 AU behind the baseline and defensively when he faces the player above him). Berdych is sort of similar to Gasquet. He is obviously good, but not a good fighter as well. Both are where they are because they are too good to be low-ranked, but something is missing in their mentality.

However he's close to the top 10 again, which means that we can expect him something better next year. Now I hope he qualifies Shanghai even as an alternative.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #765
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

While it's understandable that he was physically tired, it was a disappointing match from him mentally and tactically. To put things in perspective though, who would have thought that he would reach the final at the start of the week?
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote