~!! Guille in Paris !!~ - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #76
dominique00026

dominique00026 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ~!! Guille in Paris !!~

Here is the Interview from the Roland Garros site

Q. Can you just sort of assess your play in the tournament so far and how you're feeling?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Today it was perhaps the quickest it's been in the last three matches, and most of all because I was able to take advantage of every single possibility that I had. So I'm looking forward to the next game, and I'm happy about the level I've been able to keep up with so far.

Q. Why was the ball quick, and do you think that was a disadvantage for you?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No, it wasn't really a disadvantage for me, but it was difficult to stand on the court because you see a lot of the cement which you don't see in many of the other courts. Perhaps last year the court was the slowest. This year, it's the quickest.

In the beginning, it was difficult for me perhaps, and then I was able to adjust to it and I was able to move freely on the court.

So I think that it went well. I'm happy because I felt well. I adjusted quickly.

Q. Just talk about the pressure. You're now into the fourth round, as one of the favorites, do you feel the pressure is building on you? Can you talk about how you're dealing with that pressure?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No, I'm relaxed going into the next match. I know the next match is going to be difficult against Escude. He will be supported by the public. He's been playing very well as far as I've been able to see.

And pressure, on my side, is the same as for any other player. Everyone who comes here feels a bit of pressure on him, but I am relaxed. I trusted myself and I'm not thinking that I'm going to win whatever the case. There's not that much pressure on me.

THE MODERATOR: Questions in Spanish, please.

Q. One has the sensation that this was different from the previous two matches, and perhaps you didn't have the same rhythm here, the same pace. The player you were playing against didn't have the same pace.

GUILLERMO CORIA: I think this was important, the fact that I was able to break him. With other players, you always have to be prepared that they are not going to set the right pace, and you have to concentrate when you're serving. It is difficult because you play in a different kind of way.

So, thankfully, I was able to play differently from the match that I played against Juan Monaco. But I am very happy because I thought it was going to be a long and difficult match. After all, I was able to wrap it up rather quickly.

So it means that when we were leveled, I played well.

Q. You had a number of unforced errors, and he had a greater number.

GUILLERMO CORIA: Yes, he had many forehand unforced errors. The fact that I was able to win quickly in the first set meant that he improved later, and I had to adjust my game to this.

You have a difficult time if you play him in the middle of the court, and that can be very dangerous in his case. The thing is that I was able to concentrate and focus on my serve, although I had made a few mistakes. I had been a bit distracted, and then I was able to focus again on the game and to readjust.

Also, because I felt physically well, I'm going optimistically into the next match.

Q. At the next level, everything is difficult, but Escude plays very well and he's also a Frenchman.

GUILLERMO CORIA: Yes, when he's playing in an inspired manner, he can be very dangerous. He reaches the net very quickly, and he's a very complete player. One has to be really relaxed, but you also have to try to control the game. You know that he has very good strokes, and you have to take advantage of whatever possibilities he gives me, he opens up for me. I also have to serve well.

Above all, I have to keep my head, because he's going to have the public on his side.

Q. Physically, everything is going well? Everything is going as you had planned for?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Yes, better than I had planned for. The match with Monaco was a long one, and I have not really been tired out in any of my matches. I hope that -- I probably will have to run even more during the next match, but I hope that everything will turn out well.

Q. Statistics always speak about errors made by your opponents, which are greater than yours. To what extent do you make him make mistakes when you play deep balls or when you play high balls? Do you make him make an unforced error? Is it because you do so, or because it's his fault?

GUILLERMO CORIA: With Zabaleta, he played very well. I tried to make him uncomfortable. When I thought he was taking advantage of the backhand or my forehand, I tried to put him at a disadvantage. Then I tried to make him move on the court, and he began to make a number of unforced errors. That's when I was trying to speed up the game and to answer his every stroke.

So I tried to find a way for the other player to begin to make mistakes, and I think he lost patience because to some extent he realized that he was not able to fight his way and to make me make the same mistakes.

So I really took advantage of the breakpoints, as I said before, because if he was able to take off, he would have been dangerous.

Q. Are you close to Roland Garros? Are you here with your family? You've not lost any sets. Is that the ideal plan? Is there something that you feel has not been taking place with respect to what you had planned for?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No, everything is going very well. It's nice to be in an apartment, close to Roland Garros, and not to have to spend a lot of time in transportation. I can rest, I can lie down, and I can train if I wish to, and I also can have physical attention if I need it. I can walk if I feel like it, I can see films if that's what I want. So I'm rather happy because my family's here. In the beginning, they were not able to come to Roland Garros because I didn't have entries for them, but this time I'm very happy.

Q. Will you go to the movies?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No, on DVD. I've seen a number of films, but I don't remember which ones.

Q. Last year you came single; this year, you are here and are married. Aside from tennis and one more year of experience, how does this change things?

GUILLERMO CORIA: A lot of it, because I'm very happy. Having a wife is very important for me. I spend a lot of time with her, with my family, and with all those who surround me, with Marcelo, with Federico. This means that this is very important for me.

Whenever I have a doubt about my tennis, I can always ask them, and they're always there for me to provide advice if I need it. So it's important to be with people that are on your side and who trust you fully.

Otherwise, there would be something missing there.
dominique00026 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2004, 09:18 PM   #77
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

He sounds very comfortable and relaxed (in a good way).
Old 05-28-2004, 10:26 PM   #78
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

YaY!!!! Go Guille!!! I got to see some of the match!!!!!!! *sighs* It was bliss. Escude on sunday. Ouch, Frechman. The crowd is gonna be irate. *shudders* Vamos Mago!!! Damnit! My Grandmother is gonna be here! *sighs* everyone needs to be quite please.

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:50 PM   #79
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I don't think the french crowd bothers him much. He has many people that support him there you know... although probably most of the people will be cheering for Escude, that's understandable.

He'll definetely win it. Straight sets, he seems to be with a lot of confidence and playing really great tennis. So neither Escude nor the french crowd should be a problem for him
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 05:08 AM   #80
country flag kandykane

kandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond reputekandykane has a reputation beyond repute

Does he speak English at all? i damn do wanna see him do an interview without a translater.

~*~Guille 科科~*~Rafa 纳豆~*~Charly 摸呀~*~
kandykane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #81
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, he can't kandykane. So I'm stuck over here studying Spanish He can UNDERSTAND english though. Uhm, after the "loss" in Miami, they interviewed him (on camera ya!) and uhm, when the lady was asking him questions in English, he understood what she was saying. It took her a while to figure out she didn't have to translate to Spanish after she finished the question So like on the last 2 questions she didn't translate to Spanish and he understood what she was saying in English.

Back to the next match. Eh, Guille is very strong mentally. The crowd in France can get quite awful though. Did anyone see the match between Spadea and uhm, that French kid? I forget his name. Dude, Vincente actually got the supervisor out on the court to get a fan taken out! And the Mutis vs Roddick match. The crowd booed Andy when he asked for a towel. I was like "damn! Andy needs to win just to piss y'all off!" Golly gee, there's patriotism, then there's insanity. Guille needs to be careful with this crowd I swear. Don't argue calls, don't say shit....unless it gets really bad like, say uhm, Trent Hassel fouling Shaq O'neil but the refs refuse to call a foul. It if gets like THAT, throw a frickin' hissy. Crap, ok, VAMOS MAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 02:41 PM   #82
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think Guille can speak english a lil bit, but he's ashamed of speaking. But probably he speaks a very little bit.

Yah there's a lot of patrosism over there... i mean just like in other countries but there they are pretty unrespectful towards the players. (Even tho I have to admit, people over here aren't very 'nice' either... usually we yell to the player when he misses the first serve LOL, we're like "nope, nope, nope".. it's quite funny tho lol)

Oh and Guille can say whatever he wants in spanish... just a few people will get it anyway
But you know.. people there really like Coria so I don't think they'll boo him... although they're probably not gonna cheer for him but you know... as far as they don't boo him, it's okay He has to get focused on his game, that's all.
Oh and now that Roger lost (YAY! GO GUGA! lol) Guille's possibilities to win RG are much bigger! So that's a great thing to have on count

GO GUILLE! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW
Old 05-29-2004, 02:53 PM   #83
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes the French have a special feeling for these special clay players. Guga is a player they have loved from the very beginning. I think Coria is one of them too. You can see Coria's heart when he plays on clay. He has that quiet intensity that I adore. The French love artistry, and Guille is a clay artist.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:02 PM   #84
country flag Carito_90

Couldn't have explained it better myself

But hey.. i think EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE loves Guga. You can't hate him
Old 05-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #85
country flag Fostin

Fostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond repute

go guille gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo arrongant rogie looost!
Old 05-29-2004, 03:06 PM   #86
country flag Carito_90

arrogant rogie

I think even fans wanted Roger to lose. Everyone was sick of watching him win everything
Old 05-29-2004, 03:43 PM   #87
country flag alita

alita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond repute

Well, IMO,I don't think Roger is arrogant
Am not his fan, but I think he is a nice guy.

congrats Guga! And Good luck GUille!

life is not perfect all the time, but every life deserve a good life.
alita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 04:07 PM   #88
country flag Carito_90

Well I think since he became #1 in the world he's changed. I really liked him but for some reason I don't now. Umm well maybe it's not that I don't like him AT ALL but I definetely don't like him as much as i did before. Just my opinion I respect the ones that like him... but it seemed as if everyone wanted him to lose against Guga lol even the fans... everyone was saying "I want Guga to win but I think Roger will". I even heard that from a few fans of him.. it was funny actually lol
Old 05-29-2004, 08:40 PM   #89
country flag Fostin

Fostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond reputeFostin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito_90
Well I think since he became #1 in the world he's changed. I really liked him but for some reason I don't now. Umm well maybe it's not that I don't like him AT ALL but I definetely don't like him as much as i did before. Just my opinion I respect the ones that like him... but it seemed as if everyone wanted him to lose against Guga lol even the fans... everyone was saying "I want Guga to win but I think Roger will". I even heard that from a few fans of him.. it was funny actually lol
exactly! I feel it in the same way as you. I feel he is changed 4 some reason, his attitude is more coincited... maybe im crazy lol, but I always look that kind of details in the court...
Old 05-30-2004, 03:11 AM   #90
country flag alita

alita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond repute

urmm……maybe, many people talked about that he was changed. I don't know. Actually I really don't know the detail he makes in the courts or out off the courts. May be he really has changed, but anyway, I cann't tell, when I think of Roger, the picture that he held a triumph with cry in Wimbledon is come to my mind, I don't know, maybe he changed a lot, but that moment is really really impressed me~~

off topic again.hehe...

life is not perfect all the time, but every life deserve a good life.
alita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote