~!! Guille in Paris !!~ - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #31
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~!! Guille in Paris !!~

Quote:
Moya is tough, but he has beat Carlos b4...

If Carlos' not 100%, he can beat easily beat him.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2004, 04:33 PM   #32
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Guille match is the second one on Court 1 tomorrow after Nadia Petrova vs...someone. Womens match so it won't be long ^^.v, Petrova's match starts at 11 a.m. Paris time..

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:17 PM   #33
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Coria did an AOL chat. What else did he say? Coria and Moya if they meet in the qrts could decide who wins the event. Its the match of the tournament I think.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:33 PM   #34
country flag undomiele

undomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck tomorrow Guille!
~"There are more people of good conscience on this planet than all the terrorists combined. We must make greater common cause by caring about each other, just as London's bystanders did by aiding the victims after the attacks. In the end, the malignancy of terrorism will be excised because of our humanity." Abramson

~"What's the matter with this embalming fluid? Did somebody spike it with coffee???"
undomiele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:52 PM   #35

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Dirk it's cool. Here it is for ya:

Let's welcome Guillermo Coria to America Online!
CORIA GUILLERMO: Hello everybody! It's a pleasure to chat with you again...I am ready...Listening!!

Let's start with the first question of the night...
Mago, Do you feel confident enough to win the Roland Garros?
CORIA GUILLERMO: Ufffff....yes, I feel very confident. I am craving for it, I am preparing myself very well, but I am very aware of the fact that it is a long and tough tournament.

Hello Mago!! First of all I want to tell you that it is a pleasure to watch you in the court and even more when it is a dust one. You are wonderful!! This is Joshua from Mexico and I would like to ask you if you think Federer could be the greatest tennis player of the tennis history.
CORIA GUILLERMO: Firstly, thank you for the compliments....Yes, I think Federer could make history. I'm not sure if as much as Sampras did, but undoubtfully he has potential.

When do you start playing at Roland Garros?
CORIA GUILLERMO: On Sunday I will learn whether I debut on Monday or Tuesday....I don't know who am I debuting with, the chart will be released this Friday. We'll see who am I going to play with...

Congratulations on your web page, it is terrific! So, when is the Davis Cup coming to Argentina?
CORIA GUILLERMO: Next year I wish!! Undoubtfully, this is the dream all Argentine players have. And thank you for prasing the web page =0)

Mago: How does it feel to be the number 3 of the world?
CORIA GUILLERMO: I feel very proud of it...After having worked so hard, achieving this position makes me happy. But my goal is to become the number 1.
I work for that and I hope to achieve it one day!!

How are the service changes going? How will you manage at Roland Garros?
CORIA GUILLERMO: At Roland Garros my service will be the old one because with the new one I got injured twice...It is not worth to keep insisting on it, I will work with the old one and that's it.

Which Argentine player do you think has more future?
CORIA GUILLERMO: Nalbandian: all his shots are very solid and besides, he plays very well on any surface.

To you, who are the candidates to win the title at Roland Garros?
CORIA GUILLERMO: Ufff.... Many: Safin is very dangerous...If he is relaxed and straight he is very dangerous. Also Federer... Some other Argentine too and of course, some Spanish.

Where are you exactly in France?
CORIA GUILLERMO: I'm in Paris, very close to the club, in an apart hotel. It's very nice!

Mago: is it true that since you dedicate too much to being the number one of the world you don't have friends? In the tournaments...
CORIA GUILLERMO: I get along with many Spanish and Argentine tennis players. But it is true that I spend a lot of time focused on being the number one and I don't spend too much time in the club...Friends are those you make during the childhood, at school for example. It's not easy to make friends in the circuit!!

Hi Guillermo! This is Romina Liz and I'm from Buenos Aires...I just want you receive my good vibes. You are in a position you`ve earned by your own...Keep on going!! You are a simple person and a fighter. I'm sure you will be the number 1!!!!
CORIA GUILLERMO: Woooooo! Thank you!! I wish I'll be the number 1!!!

What do you think about Federer? To me, if you make him move from side to side he doesn't exist...
CORIA GUILLERMO: Noooooo! His revés is not as good as the drive, but if you don't make him move well, sooner or later he catches you with his right and it's hard! He is complete!!!!

Hello Master!!!!! Congratulations on this great moment!!! How will you physically get to Roland Garros with your injuries? As regards the 2003 edition. In which aspects have you improved?? Good luck!!
CORIA GUILLERMO: I will get there physically fine...This week I'm working on endurance to resist five sets. Compared to the last year, now I feel more experienced and with a more solid game. And the most important thing: I feel more respected because of the results I have achieved!!!

Who would you like to play with and win, of course?
CORIA GUILLERMO: Ufff... As long as I get to the finals...with anyone!!!!!! Right now I would like to have a rematch with Federer!! We'll see...

I was never interested in tennis, I always played football, until you!!! And you will be the number one to me!!!! Say hi to your wife from me...Don't get angry about that!!!
CORIA GUILLERMO: Jajajaja. I'm glad that you have got interested in tennis because of me! I like it when people get hooked to the TV set watching tennis! I wish tennis were as popular as football is in Argentina!

Did you read that today Moya said that to him, you, Federer and himself are the candidates, but that mentally you were the right one?
CORIA GUILLERMO: No, I didn't know that... What a compliment! I hope he is right!...If he told that, having won in France, we'll have to belive him =0)

Have you thought about coming to the Mexican Open next year?
CORIA GUILLERMO: There's a long time to go!! Yes, I want to go to Acapulco to play... I've been told good thing about that. Besides, it's on the same week than Dubai, which is far away. And of course, I'd rather play in dust!

To me, you will play Ferrero in the final... What do you think?
CORIA GUILLERMO: What a pressure!!! Well, I am not sure if Ferrero will play, but if it does, no doubth he has what it takes to be in the final... I just hope I will be therer whether he will be or not!

Who is your favorite soccer player?

CORIA GUILLERMO: That is a tough question... I think Thierry Henry, from Arsenal, is great... Among the Argentinean, Pablo Aimer, who plays in Valencia... I also like the way Lucas Bernardi, fromo Monaco, but he is a good friend of mine!

How is the relationship with Luza since the Davis Cup affair?
CORIA GUILLERMO: With Luza everything is cool. Personally, we write each other very often. I don't know who is going to be the next coach, but as I said before, Mancini or Jaite are more than qualified for the job...

How is Moya in person?

¿Qué tal es como persona Moyá?
CORIA GUILLERMO: He is awesome! We have a very good relationship. He is a "hang loose" kind of guy... Never in a hurry, always in a good mood...

Federer is a great player, but he is nothing compare to you!!!
CORIA GUILLERMO: Jajajaja. Well, I am not sure: He beat me a week ago!!!! But thank you anyway!

Guille, when do you plan stop playing professionaly?
CORIA GUILLERMO: Well, I always saw myself playing until I am 27 or 28, but you never know... Lets wait and see how time treats me!

I read that you admired Marcelo Ríos when you were a child. What aspect of his game you liked the most?
CORIA GUILLERMO: His talent, no doubt... The way he smothly moved in the court... When he was at the top of his game he was so complete that nobody wanted to face him!

With all the due respect, tdon't you think that the numer 3 player of the world should be working with a more professional and more experienced group of people?
CORIA GUILLERMO: Well, no... And that is because I think they are very professional already! Besides, I have had very good results wiht them. I trust them a hundred percent and I am very happy!

How are you going to prepare yourself for Wimbledon? Is it true that you will play one tournament before?
CORIA GUILLERMO: Not one, I will play two! This year I realized that if I want to be as complete as Federer is, I have to be able to play well on grass too. I don't want to arrive to Wimbledon and be eliminated in the first round like last year...

Thanks Guillermo Coria for having chated with AOL Argentina members!
CORIA GUILLERMO: I was my pleasure! I hope I can give you all joy wiht my tennis. Oh, I want to thank all the fans that send e-mails or leave messages in the boards in my site! ¡¡¡Chauuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Old 05-24-2004, 04:36 AM   #36
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for that transcript!

I the way he answered every question, you know, with the exclamation marks and the laughs, je je, it just shows his great and friendly personality

LOL to his wife's part....
Old 05-24-2004, 10:18 AM   #37
country flag alita

alita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice, guille's girl! Thanks!

life is not perfect all the time, but every life deserve a good life.
alita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #38
country flag alita

alita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond reputealita has a reputation beyond repute

Coria vs Nikolay Davydenko 6-4,6-2,6-0!
GOOD JOB! guille!

life is not perfect all the time, but every life deserve a good life.
alita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:31 PM   #39
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

for the interview!! It was great!!

Here is typical Guille!

star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:31 PM   #40
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Coria dismantles Davydenko
By Nyree Epplett
Monday, May 24, 2004

Third-seeded Argentine Guillermo Coria is back in the winner’s camp, and the tiny claycourt master is pitching his tent!

Prior to his loss to Roger Federer in the AMS Hamburg final one week ago, Coria had wracked up an enviable 31-match winning streak on the red dirt, the longest since Thomas Muster won 38 in a row in 1995-96.

On Monday afternoon at Roland Garros the man they call ‘Willy’ systematically dismantled the talented Russian Nikolay Davydenko 6-4 6-2 6-2 to advance to the second round.

“I feel like I have the potential to win this tournament. There ‘s a lot of people at the top though,” surmised the third seed after the win.

It was a clinical display of near-flawless tennis. Coria’s claycourt guile, speed, aggression and piercing groundstrokes combined perfectly to dissect the game of a player who is certainly no claycourt slouch. Davydenko won on clay in Munich last month, reached the quarters in Monte Carlo and the round of 16 in Rome. Some tennis pundits had predicted a ‘bun fight’ for Coria on Court Two. How wrong they were.

“I was feeling very strong on the court, I ran for two hours,” said the 22-year-old, who reached the semi final here last year before running out of puff against Dutch surprise packet Martin Verkerk.

“As soon as I broke his serve, he slowed down a little,” said Coria who slammed 27 winners during the match.

Coria is named after his countryman Guillermo Vilas. His tennis coach father Oscar introduced him to tennis not long after he started to walk. He won the Roland Garros junior title in 1999 and last year he compiled a 38-5 clay court record, the best on the circuit.

It all points to the start of another streak that just may propel the Argentine to his first Grand Slam singles title in two weeks time.

“This is a Grand Slam, a tournament I really want to win. I’m feeling better than in Hamburg, I think I’ve really improved on my game since then.

“Last year I was less experienced. This year I’m a little more concentrated and looking after my physical form.”
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:41 PM   #41
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the article, Star.

And lol to the pic posted here.....but it's ok....we love him just as he is

Congrats Guille!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:01 PM   #42
country flag Safin_Henman

Safin_Henman is on a distinguished road

eeeeeeee! Congrats Coria!!!!!!!!
Safin_Henman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:46 PM   #43
country flag mordicus18

mordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond reputemordicus18 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: ~!! Guille in Paris !!~

He stays the best !!!
so gooood ! I hope I can see rg on tv on wednesday afternoon. do you know if he will play that day ?
mordicus
guillermo est horriblement méticuleux, vous ne trouvez pas ?

I'm Guille's bottle

LES BETTERAVES !!
Official Mastermind
CoriaKillerSight

Mordicus' Blog

Last edited by mordicus18 : 05-24-2004 at 06:10 PM.
mordicus18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:52 PM   #44

No prob y'all

YaY!!!! Go Guille!!!! Here's the interview from today Very cool.

Q. The bandage on your thigh, what is going on your with thigh? Did it affect you during the match?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No. This is just precaution. Against Federer, I wasn't feeling very well actually. It's nothing very serious. I just put the bandage on to feel more at ease, but I wasn't affected by it at all.

Q. You started quite well, and then Davydenko tried to follow up on the machine. Is that the way you understand the match?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No. He started quite well actually. He was hitting the ball very well. I think the fact that he started the match playing quite well helped me to concentrate. Fortunately, I broke his serve quite easily. First I went to Love-4. I think that I played quite well from the beginning to the end of the match.

I think I had good preparation. I was feeling very strong when I came onto the court. I ran for two hours. At the end of the match, I think I played really well. I think I'm doing very well for the moment.

Q. If you compare your situation today physically compared with Hamburg...

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, I'm feeling much better than in Hamburg. Definitely in Hamburg I wasn't feeling very strong in the legs. When my legs aren't working well, I can't move properly. I don't have the same speed. That affects the way the ball moves.

Here, there is a Grand Slam, it's a tournament I really want to win, and I'm really delighted because I think I've really improved on my game since Hamburg.

Q. We felt that you were very nervous at the beginning of this match.

GUILLERMO CORIA: No, not nervous. I was a little surprised at the game of Davydenko. He came onto the court and started running all around the place, playing very deep. As soon as I broke his serve, then his game slowed down a little.

But he started very strong, indeed.

Q. It's not only the time you spend playing, it's the time you spend between the games. Does this help you? You talk a lot, move around a lot.

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, this is the way I've always been. If I make a mistake during the game, I usually talk to myself. Of course, I realize that I made a mistake, so I tell myself that I should have played the shot differently. It keeps me active.

If I'm not talking to myself to correct my mistake, that means I'm daydreaming, not really into the match. So I keep talking to myself not to make the same mistake the next point.

Q. You keep saying, "Come on, Seb." Do you call yourself Seb?>

GUILLERMO CORIA: It's one of my nicknames.

Q. When you look at the draw and you see you're going to play a lot of clay-courters as opposed to fast-court players, is this something that worries you to think that Zabaleta, so on, are coming up?>

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, I don't think two matches ahead. They have to win their match and I have to win my match. I play one at a time. So Monaco has won his match. I knew it was going to be a difficult match today. I knew I would have to play very well in order to win.

I was playing someone who isn't a clay courter today. Of course, I have played with Juan. This is a match that I'm going to have to play very well, the way I played today actually, and try to win it.

Q. When Andre Agassi lost today, he said the last time he felt very well is when he played against you.

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, that's very kind of him. I wanted him to train with me. It wasn't not possible. He didn't want to.

I do think it gives me mental strength and it enables me to go on the court and play, like today, one of the best matches in my life.

Q. Did he say something to you?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No. Well, last year we had trained together, and before the draw I trained with him, and I realized that I could beat him. I found out about his weaknesses. This year he didn't want to repeat the experience. He wanted to wait for the draw.

Q. Was this one of the best matches of your life or the one you played against Agassi?

GUILLERMO CORIA: No, I meant the one I played against Agassi.

Q. But today's match was very good, as well.

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, as far as this year's concerned, it's been one of my best matches. I've been playing very well. I was playing very good shots, very good serves. But that match against Agassi, apart from the first set, was spectacular.

Q. Can you tell us more about how well you know Juan Monaco? He's a good friend of yours?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Yes, we know each other very well. He started in Buenos Aires on the professional tour. He's a very nice person. We're going to have to play each other and I've got to win. He is going to want to take his revenge from Buenos Aires, and I want to win, as well, of course, because the tournament's only just begun.

Q. At some point, 3-0 today, you said, "What the heck does this guy have in him?" Do you think people take time, they push you to your limits? Do you think you need to take time to know your opponent?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, that's the way Davydenko plays. I do admit I was surprised at the way he plays on clay. Of course, you say this and that during the match because of the tension. He arrived on the court with a lot of will to win the match. He was playing very well. When I arrive on the court, usually I know that my opponent is going to give it everything he has, but I have to stay concentrated. When they sort of lapse, I have to take that opportunity to make the difference.

Against Horna, Almagro, and today, when there's a lack of intensity, that's when he move ahead, try to take the advantage.

Q. Is this a very difficult beginning for you at Roland Garros as compared to the past or does this strengthen your position as a favorite? Do you think you're a true favorite to win this tournament, as people have said?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, the fact that you're winning matches in the way I won it is very important for me because I've been playing as I've been training, that is to say very well. Maybe I'm a favorite. I don't know. I feel that I have possibilities to win this tournament, as I've said in the past. A number of players have the same will to win this tournament and are playing very well.

There's a lot of people at the top. So you've got to take one match at a time and try to improve at each match, and hopefully get to the end and win the tournament. I've trained really hard in order to reach the last day.

Q. The journalists have already put you among the favorites for this tournament. What about your colleagues? What do they say to you?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, no, I just turn up, do my best, then go home to the hotel.

Q. So there's no difference compared to last year?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Well, last year I had less experience. I arrived, I was a bit tired, I walked around. This year I'm a little bit more concentrated. I'm looking after my physical condition, which is very important. If you're moving from one court to another, it's not always very restful. Of course, I talked to other players, but sometimes we talk about football or something else, not necessarily about the matches.

Q. Out of the Argentinians, who would you say is playing best at the moment?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Nalbandian. All of them, I think, have been playing well for some time. Unfortunately, Canas is playing another Argentinian in the first round, which is quite unfortunate because both have the possibilities to go far in this tournament. They will be forced to play myself or Monaco in the next round. We all have the possibility to go far in Roland Garros, but I think they're all playing well.

Q. Out of the four or five names that are given as possible winners this year, do you think there's one that's really above everyone else? Who would you think has possibilities?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Out of the favorites, I think there's Federer, Moya, Roddick. I think that Ferrero is not going to play. But you also have Costa who is a very good player. He reaches the semifinals last year playing really well. All the Spaniards.

I wasn't a favorite last year, and I reached the semifinals. This is a tournament that's very open. A lot of players have possibilities. Safin.

If Augustin Calleri is feeling well, I think he can win. Safin is a wonderful player. This surface is good for him. If he's on a good day, it's difficult to beat him.

Old 05-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #45

bwahaha, "Seb"...