Time For A New Coach - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2008, 03:34 AM   #136
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time For A New Coach

is just that is so sweet how you still believe that miracles do happen

and yeah nothing personal against Pato ... nobody would believe me so why am I lying'?!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #137
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe in miracles, Ms. Kid.

And will continue to believe in miracles until Nico announces his new coach from Argentina before RG.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #138
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I've let this go for awhile, but it's time to bump.

Last week while I was on vacation, y'all missed an article in EMOL that talked about two possibilities for coaches: one, Safin's current coach Hernan Gumy, or two, a former GG coach.

I think Gumy is a no go because Safin is happy with him.

Who knows who the other one might be.

Now that the Everton final is over, it's time for Nico to let us know what the decision is.

And again, please please please think outside the box for once instead of these same 'ol same 'ol Argentine coaches who are recycled from player to player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For once, get someone who can move his game into new directions.

I know it won't happen because Nico has never once thought outside the box, but a girl can dream.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 AM   #139
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

yes, you can keep dreaming NF

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #140
country flag NicoFan

Finally some news!! This is thanks to Alonsofz.

Nico may train with Horacio de la Pena in the coming weeks just for the Olympics. Since it's just the short term, I don't mind another Argentine coach. And I've always like Horacio - he's a good coach.

But I had to laugh when I heard the news. Nico with Horacio...there's a pair.

Last edited by NicoFan : 07-10-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #141
country flag NicoFan

I was looking to find something online about Nico and Horacio - found this where Don Manuel says that Nico won't look for a full time coach until after the Olympics:

http://blogs.elmercurio.com/deportes...-a-massu-a.asp

Since it finished his participation in Roland Garros that Nicolas Massú does not have coach. After finishing its link with Patrician Rodriguez, Leonardo Zuleta has assumed the role of its more next advisor.

But today, when the viñamarino (131º of the world) premiere itself in the challenger of Lugano (Swiss, 85 thousand euro, clay) before the French one Nicolas Devilder (100º), "Nano" will be found in Chile. "I help him since here, but he travels alone with physical coach", account the formador of the Olympic champion in Athens 2004.

Yesterday, the ITF ratified that Massú is one of the six guests in the picture of individual. The moment to have arrived a full-time coach? Manuel Massú, father and manager of the tennis player, responds that "momentarily will continue without a coach. Will go to the Games with Hans Gildemeister. Soon after Beijing he is going to make a decision on that theme".

Hans alone

Fernando González will also go to China without its DT, Larry Stefanki. Because of it, the role of Gildemeister will charge a lot of importance. "The Confederacy of Tennis appointed me so that try to help they in the Olympic Games", explains the captain of the Cup Davis, who will meet with the double one in Asia.

"They have their respective calendar of tournaments. In fact, Nico not yet their program knows completely. But the idea is that play at least a tournament in prior fast court to the JJ.OO.", explained Gildemeister.

In the case of González, the Masters Series of Toronto and Cincinnati will serve him of adaptation. "It is happy me that they have given the wild card to Nico. Is more than deserved. Is a pretty opportunity for him. I hope also we can repeat what we did in the double", aimed the 14º of the world yesterday, that will not practice in double with their companion, therefore its agendas do not coincide. Massú would be able to play the qualy of the American contest or to dispute the challenger of Belo Horizon (Brazil), on cement.

"I am going to be a support for the two during the tournament. We are going to meet us to coach some five or six days before, what will also serve to be been accustomed to the change of hour and the climate", added Gildemeister.

With apprehensions

The situation in which they will compete Massú and González is very different to which happened in Greece four years ago, when each one was accompanied by its coach, Patrician Rodriguez and Horacio de la Pena, respectively. It will influence in something?

According to Rodriguez, one must have certain apprehensions, especially with the case of the viñamarino. "Although in these moments is not playing the tournaments that really they correspond him for the level that has, he should be thinking about someone that he help him. This it is not like before, when could be played alone. All the players need a coach. More thinking about a challenge as important as is it to defend the medals".

"I already knew that is going to go Hans to the Games, but that is different to that Nico do a special preparation for the event with a coach. It seems me that the role of Gildemeister more will be seemed to what does as the captain of the Davis, surely will also see Fernando. It is not going to be like in 2004. That time we went to Toronto and Cincinnati and besides we did other 10 days of practices in Miami. That it would be the best preparation", adds the "Duck".

A similar opinion has the other coach that four years ago was in the conquest of the medals. "Do not I know which will be the expectations of Nicolas, but he has to be conscious that many eyes are going to be on him and should be prepared very well. This it is the opportunity so that be put the batteries and take up again a good level to get a shove", affirms the Argentine Of the Rock.

For the former one DT of González, "it does not matter a lot in what surface play. Massú now has very good tournaments in Europe to add points in clay. It is a great opportunity so that go winning matches and taking up again the confidence".

Last edited by NicoFan : 07-10-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:28 AM   #142
country flag kidnicky

there's nothing official so I will only believe it until I see it besides in that article it says that Gildmeister will be coaching both, Nico and Fernando, during the olympics ... which for me is as good as if Nico would go there alone

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 AM   #143
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting news...Nico and Horacio-that would be something if they made it a permanent arragement Just happy he will have some coaching again-and Horacio knows him and I think understands him so that is a plus

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #144
country flag NicoFan

I thought for sure that Nico would make some type of announcement that he's found a coach when he returned to Chile....but nada. Maybe he does have a new coach, but then why the secrecy???? It's not something to keep secret. And why no update? He must know people are wondering about it. I follow other players and they don't keep this kind of information under wraps. I don't understand...as usual. Very disappointed that there's no news. First he was supposed to find a coach by RG, then after Beijing, and now we are in mid-September and again nada.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #145
country flag NicoFan

Well, that's the question...why no coach? It's been months... What's he waiting for???
Old 11-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #146
country flag NicoFan

I'm singing, I'm dancing...

In the article that FFGC posted from lun.com, Nico said he'll be looking for a coach over the off season.

But he did say that it would be hard to find someone good who isn't already coaching.

So good luck to Nico in finding the right coach...

And note to Nico - think hardcourts - think American/European - think outside the box.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #147
country flag NicoFan

Of course, when January comes, I'll be crying because he'll have another Argentine coach who only knows clay.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:31 AM   #148
country flag kidnicky

you need therapy because of this subject you know that right NicoFan?

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 11-11-2008, 03:34 AM   #149
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky View Post

Nicofan is just a cockeyed optimist Kid. If Nico reads this, I hope he takes her advice. But at this point almost any coach will be better than none so good luck to Nico in his search :rocker2)

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #150
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky View Post

Yes, I do know that.

Nico admits that he's un poco loco, and he's made me una poca loca.