Johnny Groove's "greatest" result - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What is JG's worst loss?

The drug man 1 4.55%
A 59 year old 7 31.82%
2-6 to a 15 year old girl 3 13.64%
Lost a set to a 10 year old girl (final result: 1-1 in sets) 4 18.18%
Got beaten 0 and 1 to a 8(!) year old girl (at the time he was 16) 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Johnny Groove's "greatest" result

Sorry Johnny, this thread isn't meant to mock you, just having fun.

My fav is definitely the last one.

Last edited by Blue Heart24 : 08-20-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
country flag Illusive Man

Illusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove's "greatest" result

Eh, I'm partial to the convicted junkie loss.

Tier 1: Fish, Kuznetsov, Donskoy, Kyrgios, Vesely, Thiem, Coric

Tier 2: All other young players (We need a new generation of players!)

Tier 3: Carreno, Pella, Struff, Janowicz, Goffin
Illusive Man is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

it shouldn't be the last one. The last one is a guy barely having held a racquet a few times against a trained kid and there are 8yo kids i know, who would beat complete amateurs holding the racquet as a frying pan.

But at this point, with all the dramatic tournaments, with all the dreams and Florida ranking and shit, losing a set to a 10yo is probably the lowest point.

You can kick serve, drop shot and lob a kid to 100-0 sets to zero, coz they physically couldn't react against it.

Their racquets are maximum 250gr., 26 inches and the kids are up to 150cm height..

I mean, c'mooon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

Groove lost to a 10 years old girl?

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

#bel18ve

..never been so proud of you..thanks for playing during my lifetime..go ahead Roger, keep playing, keep fighting..
Joey Tribbiani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
country flag Wolfy

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

the drug man, dude that was rough, I am pretty sure he took some coke before the match. Too bad there was lack of testing.

Laura Robson Rank top 30
Rafa Hardcourt&Clay Goat
Wolfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Tribbiani View Post
Groove lost to a 10 years old girl?
It was a tie/match suspended, she had to go do some homework
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #7
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

When I saw this thread I was going to list some of my best wins like saving 8 match points to beat Haddad 3-6, 7-6(8), 7-5 or when I beat Cadogan from a set down 2-6, 6-2, 6-1 with Natalie cheering me on or perhaps the epic 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 win over Marcano when I was yelling out, living and dying with every point or perhaps the 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 win over Blanco coming from a set down and a break down in the 3rd twice to win it.

But in terms of worst loss?

Mohns, the "drug man" is actually a very good player. My 2-6 loss to the 15 year old girl was when I was out of form, the 3-6, 6-2 result yesterday vs. the 12's national girls champion also wasn't bad at all, and when I was 16 I lost to an 8 year old Tornado Alicia Black who is #500 WTA right now.

But the loss that made me feel the worse was the 6-7, 3-6 loss to the 59 year old yes, that would be the worst.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #8
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

The 59 year old. He had a terrible record in the senior events. Not even a top senior player

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
it shouldn't be the last one. The last one is a guy barely having held a racquet a few times against a trained kid and there are 8yo kids i know, who would beat complete amateurs holding the racquet as a frying pan.

But at this point, with all the dramatic tournaments, with all the dreams and Florida ranking and shit, losing a set to a 10yo is probably the lowest point.

You can kick serve, drop shot and lob a kid to 100-0 sets to zero, coz they physically couldn't react against it.

Their racquets are maximum 250gr., 26 inches and the kids are up to 150cm height..

I mean, c'mooon...
I thought he started at 15?
Which one is it Johnny, were you already playing for a year or was this right after you began?
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #10
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
I thought he started at 15?
Which one is it Johnny, were you already playing for a year or was this right after you began?
define "playing for a year".

One year i played over 1500 hours.

2 years ago i played around 50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Groove is hanging around underage girls quite a bit recently. Red flags?

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Future loss to a hungover uncle latso.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #13
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post

Mohns, the "drug man" is actually a very good player. My 2-6 loss to the 15 year old girl was when I was out of form, the 3-6, 6-2 result yesterday vs. the 12's national girls champion also wasn't bad at all, and when I was 16 I lost to an 8 year old Tornado Alicia Black who is #500 WTA right now.

this puts shadow on all above epic defeats
Old 08-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #14
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post

When I saw this thread I was going to list some of my best wins like saving 8 match points to beat Haddad 3-6, 7-6(8), 7-5 or when I beat Cadogan from a set down 2-6, 6-2, 6-1 with Natalie cheering me on or perhaps the epic 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 win over Marcano when I was yelling out, living and dying with every point or perhaps the 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 win over Blanco coming from a set down and a break down in the 3rd twice to win it.

But in terms of worst loss?

But the loss that made me feel the worse was the 6-7, 3-6 loss to the 59 year old yes, that would be the worst.
Can't stop laughing at this post.

Simply brilliant.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:25 PM   #15
country flag Xam'd

Xam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond repute

So after thinking it through again I must agree with Johnny that might be old man is actually greatest of very great results right here after all. From how I see it Johnny should have actually beaten him quite easily had he played in his usual level, whereas I think kids were more tight matchup against him TBQH so results were not rly that much off from truth .
Juan Martin Del Potro - Kei Nishikori - Ernests Gulbis - Jerzy Janowicz - Santiago Giraldo - Jarkko Nieminen - Jan-Lennard Struff - Blaz Rola - Marius Copil - Lucas Pouille - Stefano Travaglia - Gonzalo Lama - Brian Baker + other even more worthless mugs (AKA players who didn't even make it to this list, well mayb someday ) More essentially fan of tennis though
Xam'd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote