JayJay's Football Factory 2007/2008 - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-06-2008, 03:31 AM   #466
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JayJay's Football Factory 2007/2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig-Jag View Post
I don't get it, why are you bagging Fluminense. They beat Sao and Boca, whats wrong with you. Why is this such a joke, is LDU a joke as well, knocking out San Lorenzo and Santos.
Fluminense is like Interregional = joke teams with no tradition in continental competitions. This is a travesty. Two fluke results, nothing you can say will change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Come on, Jig. I know where you're coming from, but you've got to see Gustavo's point too, they are not exactly a great side are they? I'm not saying you have to be to win the Libertadores. They may not be a great side but have achieved great results. It's like when Liverpool won the CL recently by stumbling and fumbling their way there, and getting quite lucky in the process. Yes, you have to respect the results gained, but at the same time we know that any number of teams should have taken them out.
Exactly. Got outplayed in all their last 4 matches and won on lucky shots.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #467
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
CR: 83-96 (-£8450.95)
One for monday.

L10 (£1000) Argentina beat USA @ 3/4
PP (SI) - £1750

And I probably deserve a slap for this, but I'm going to take...

L1 (£100) Stage of Elimination - Switzerland Semi-Final @ 13/2
PP (SI) - £750

L1 (£100) Stage of Elimination - Switzerland Runner-Up @ 14/1
PP (SI) - £1500

There is a case for saying that if I think they might get to the final, why not also back them to win it. However, I think they would lose to whoever they met in the final from the other half of the draw, and if they did make the final, and either Italy or France met them there, I'd have options available to me on how I'd want to play it as I know I'd have money coming in either way.

CR: 83-96 (-£9650.95)
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #468
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the opening match of the tournament isn't going to be a sign of things to come for me. A Czech win was the worst result of the three for me, and it might have been bearable had they actually done something to merit victory. A mishit off the shin wins it for the Czechs and the Swiss don't get two blatant penalties.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #469
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Swiss deserved a draw imo- they battled hard but sometimes you need more than that

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:04 PM   #470
country flag jayjay

True, Ryan. Switzerland showed no quality infront of goal. However, Czechs showed even less and were not deserving of a win.

Portugal winning has helped me on a few fronts - the pick on them to top the group and qualify - and it's also helped bring my Swiss/Czech bets back in with a minor shout.

Hopefully Portugal beat Czech.Rep, Swiss beat Turkey, and then it'll come down to the last game where I'd like to see Portugal relax against the hosts and let them sneak a win or draw, while Turkey get a win off the Czechs. Although Turkey's motivation at that point would be questionable given they'd essentially be out.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #471
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True, Ryan. Switzerland showed no quality infront of goal. However, Czechs showed even less and were not deserving of a win.

Portugal winning has helped me on a few fronts - the pick on them to top the group and qualify - and it's also helped bring my Swiss/Czech bets back in with a minor shout.

Hopefully Portugal beat Czech.Rep, Swiss beat Turkey, and then it'll come down to the last game where I'd like to see Portugal relax against the hosts and let them sneak a win or draw, while Turkey get a win off the Czechs. Although Turkey's motivation at that point would be questionable given they'd essentially be out.
Absolutely m8, the Czechs's were worse- i thought the swiss gave more but just lacked that killer instinct.

Yep Portugal should win the group with flying colours

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 06-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #472
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

I have also backed against the Czech's to qualify but I fear the worst now. Frei is the Swiss's only goalscorer of note and he is probably going to be out for the tournament. Even with him, they lacked the cutting edge.
Turkey are not as good as I expected either.
Czech's will probably go through by default. Germany will kill them in the quarters.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #473
country flag jayjay

It was a big blow. If the Swiss had got a point, I'd have been content and still confident of the Czechs going out. Ref didn't have the bottle to give the Swiss an injury time penalty. And if they can't get one in their own tournament in the opening game, then it doesn't bode well for the remainder of their matches.

I'm also pretty fucked off with that shin goal the Czechs scored as I've got a bunch of Swiss defenders in various fantasy games and that really screwed me from a nice little start with a bunch of clean sheets.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:47 AM   #474
country flag jayjay

Quote:
CR: 83-96 (-£9650.95)
I said I wasn't going to play too many match bets during the group phase given I already have a number of pending plays that cover a majority of the group action. And I'm honestly going to stick to that (not that I have much choice anyway with the current financial situation ), but I'm going to have a double for sunday's action.

L3 (£300) Double - Croatia beat Austria @ 10/11 & Germany beat Poland @ 8/15
PP (SI) - £878.18

CR: 83-96 (-£9950.95)

Quote:
OUTRIGHTS/OTHERS PENDING

PP (SI) - £1750

L5 (£500) Outright - Estudiantes win the Clausura @ 9/4
PP (SI) - £1625

L5 (£500) Czech.Rep to NOT qualify from Group A @ 11/8
PP (SI) - £1187.50

L5 (£500) Outright - Italy win EURO 2008 @ 7/1
PP (SI) - £4000

L5 (£500) Outright - France win EURO 2008 @ 9/1
PP (SI) - £5000

L10 (£1000) Acc - All teams to qualify from their groups - Portugal @ 4/11, Germany @ 1/8, Italy @ 1/2 & Spain @ 2/9
PP (SI) - £2812.50

L1 (£100) Treble - Portugal win Group A @ 5/4 & Italy win Group C @ 7/4 & Spain win Group D @ 5/6
PP (SI) - £1134.38

PP (SI) - £750

PP (SI) - £1500

L1 (£100) Luci Toni top scorer Euro 2008 @ 14/1
PP (SI) - £1500

L1 (£100) David Villa top scorer Euro 2008 @ 17/1
PP (SI) - £1800

L1 (£100) Thierry Henry top scorer Euro 2008 @ 21/1
PP (SI) - £2200

L1 (£100) Karim Benzema top scorer Euro 2008 @ 33/1
PP (SI) - £3400
Old 06-08-2008, 02:23 AM   #475
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

jayjay's fanny factory

give us a new avatar mate
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #476
country flag ryan23

I bet you were shitting yourself last 15/20 minutes jayjay- Croatia started of well but looked so tired last 20 minutes completly on their legs- just Germany now for the double best of luck pal

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 06-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #477
country flag jayjay

Quote:
L3 (£300) Double - Croatia beat Austria @ 10/11 & Germany beat Poland @ 8/15
PP (SI) - £878.18

CR: 83-96 (-£9950.95)
Bank.

CR: 84-96 (-£9072.77)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
jayjay's fanny factory

give us a new avatar mate
Coming soon. Have patience. It's hard getting these asses fully appreciated with these crappy avatar size limits here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
I bet you were shitting yourself last 15/20 minutes jayjay- Croatia started of well but looked so tired last 20 minutes completly on their legs-
Never in doubt, surely? Austria probably deserved a draw. I'll take the fortune here that I did not get in the Swiss match.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:51 AM   #478
country flag jayjay

Quote:
CR: 84-96 (-£9072.77)
Quote:
PP (SI) - £1750
Loss.

We couldn't beat a team made up of Fulham players, a Watford Player, Freddy Adu and Landon Donovan.

An astonishing lack of intelligence shown in the final third. And a big to the US for their time wasting skills. Brilliant.

Don't get it twisted, though. We didn't fail to win because the US spent the last 30mins time wasting. We failed to win because were an absolute disgrace going forward.

Quote:
L5 (£500) Outright - Estudiantes win the Clausura @ 9/4
PP (SI) - £1625
Loss.

Could this day be any better? Argentina can't beat the USA and the Gallinas win the Clausura.

CR: 84-98 (-£9072.77)

Quote:
OUTRIGHTS PENDING

L5 (£500) Czech.Rep to NOT qualify from Group A @ 11/8
PP (SI) - £1187.50

L5 (£500) Outright - Italy win EURO 2008 @ 7/1
PP (SI) - £4000

L5 (£500) Outright - France win EURO 2008 @ 9/1
PP (SI) - £5000

L10 (£1000) Acc - All teams to qualify from their groups - Portugal @ 4/11, Germany @ 1/8, Italy @ 1/2 & Spain @ 2/9
PP (SI) - £2812.50

L1 (£100) Treble - Portugal win Group A @ 5/4 & Italy win Group C @ 7/4 & Spain win Group D @ 5/6
PP (SI) - £1134.38

PP (SI) - £750

PP (SI) - £1500

L1 (£100) Luci Toni top scorer Euro 2008 @ 14/1
PP (SI) - £1500

L1 (£100) David Villa top scorer Euro 2008 @ 17/1
PP (SI) - £1800

L1 (£100) Thierry Henry top scorer Euro 2008 @ 21/1
PP (SI) - £2200

L1 (£100) Karim Benzema top scorer Euro 2008 @ 33/1
PP (SI) - £3400
Old 06-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #479
country flag jayjay

Quote:
CR: 84-98 (-£9072.77)
L10 (£1000) France beat Romania @ 4/5
PP (SI) - £1800

CR: 84-98 (-£10,072.77)
Old 06-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #480
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Romania have been pretty solid JayJay, France have hardly been convincing against Paraguay, Spain, Ukraine and Morocco, they won only 3 out of their last 7 games (England, Ecuador and Colombia) and Romania, since the 26th May 2006, they have lost only 3 games out of 22 (Bulgaria, Israel and Germany). They have won 15 out of these 22 and have beaten the likes of Turkey, Russia, Spain and Holland. Romania also won their qualifying group, picking up 29 points out of 36 and in 12 games only conceded 7 goals.

Will be a tight game but who knows, could really go either way even a delightful draw.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote