JayJay's Football Factory 2007/2008 - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #451
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JayJay's Football Factory 2007/2008

Yep not long to go before it all starts now m8- just a shame England didnt make it

even the hatred people will be annoyed they love to see us lose lol

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #452
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Just over 3 hours to go and I'm starting to get those butterflies. This is what football does to you. I am soooooooooo tempted to back us tonight even though I said I'd leave it. I'm going to wait and see how I feel over the next couple of hours before pulling the trigger.

Someone want to try and talk me in or out of it?
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:52 PM   #453
bad gambler

If you take the gambling aspect aside, is football is you favourite sport?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #454
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
If you take the gambling aspect aside, is football is you favourite sport?
By a million miles.

I got into the business of tennis message boards due to circumstance.

I've decided to pull the trigger. It's either going to be a joyous night or I'm going to wonder if there is any chance of me ending the season on the + side. As well as being in mourning about Boca.

CR: 83-94 (-£7950.95)

L5 (£500) Boca beat Fluminense (90mins) @ 7/4
PP (SI) - £1375

CR: 83-94 (-£8450.95)

I have to get up 3 hours after the match finishes, so I won't be able to post here directly after the match, will have to hit the sack immediately. Hopefully when I post tomorrow it will be for good news.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:18 AM   #455
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck m8 i hope they do it for you

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 AM   #456
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Best of luck m8 i hope they do it for you
Cheers, Ryan. Would gladly take some luck tonight.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #457
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Your team sucks JJ. Losing to the weakest Brazilian team to reach a Libertadores SF since that fluke in 2006.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:56 AM   #458
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Unreal, it was the match against Sao Paulo all over again. Totally outplayed in the second half, and managed to find a lucky goal that changed the story.

Sorry for your lost bet, JayJay.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:57 AM   #459
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
L5 (£500) Boca beat Fluminense (90mins) @ 7/4
PP (SI) - £1375

CR: 83-94 (-£8450.95)
Loss.

A painful defeat. We know we have the best team in South America but we didn't make it count in the home ties and that is what has ultimately cost us. Fluminense's best player over the two legs was their keeper, he made a number of great saves in both matches.

And

L10 (£1000) Outright - Boca Juniors to win Copa Libertadores @ 9/2
PP (SI) - £5500

Loss.

CR: 83-96 (-£8450.95)

Before I needed a great Euro 2008, now I need an exceptional one.

Quote:
OUTRIGHTS PENDING

L5 (£500) Outright - Estudiantes win the Clausura @ 9/4
PP (SI) - £1625

L5 (£500) Czech.Rep to NOT qualify from Group A @ 11/8
PP (SI) - £1187.50

L5 (£500) Outright - Italy win EURO 2008 @ 7/1
PP (SI) - £4000

L5 (£500) Outright - France win EURO 2008 @ 9/1
PP (SI) - £5000

L10 (£1000) Acc - All teams to qualify from their groups - Portugal @ 4/11, Germany @ 1/8, Italy @ 1/2 & Spain @ 2/9
PP (SI) - £2812.50

L1 (£100) Treble - Portugal win Group A @ 5/4 & Italy win Group C @ 7/4 & Spain win Group D @ 5/6
PP (SI) - £1134.38

L1 (£100) Luci Toni top scorer Euro 2008 @ 14/1
PP (SI) - £1500

L1 (£100) David Villa top scorer Euro 2008 @ 17/1
PP (SI) - £1800

L1 (£100) Thierry Henry top scorer Euro 2008 @ 21/1
PP (SI) - £2200

L1 (£100) Karim Benzema top scorer Euro 2008 @ 33/1
PP (SI) - £3400
Old 06-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #460
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Your team sucks JJ. Losing to the weakest Brazilian team to reach a Libertadores SF since that fluke in 2006.
I wasn't impressed with them. On the other hand they have knocked us and Sao Paulo out, so they must be doing something right. They have a good keeper anyway. I'm not that taken by the rest. Before the tie I was told alot about people like Gabriel and Thiago Neves being big dangers. But I didn't think they were anything above mediocre.

Then again, they were up against the best team they'll ever play in South America. We're so strong in pretty much all areas of the pitch, I think most neutrals would agree that we've got a genuinly class side. But we didn't get it done, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
Unreal, it was the match against Sao Paulo all over again. Totally outplayed in the second half, and managed to find a lucky goal that changed the story.
I don't actually understand how we didn't score in the 10 minutes after their second. I've never seen so many near misses and goal mouth scrambles in such a short space of time. What makes me a little sad, is that not only did we lose to an inferior side, we lost to a really stupid one.

Fluminense's tactics after going 2-1 up were extraordinary. They just collapsed onto the edge of their own box and let us have the play for the remainder of the game. They are lucky as fuck we didn't score and can thank their keeper.

Thiago Neves tried to run the ball in the corner with 13mins to go!? And then he fell on the ball and injured himself. You had to at that.

Quote:
Sorry for your lost bet, JayJay.
Don't be such a nice guy! I'm a big boy, I know what I'm doing and can afford to play with. So far I've lost all my Giants (Superbowl) money and then some, but I've still got some time to draw it back and maybe end the season 5 pence up.

I'm pretty stupid for not backing Argentina last night when I nearly always do.

For those who didn't see the game... The Brazilian police were more of a threat during the game than Fluminense were, and yet they ended up with 3 goals. Football can be a strange game as we know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT3mW0RzKPs
Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #461
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Fluminense in the Libertadores final is such a bad joke it hurts.

But if Inter aka the jokers managed to win it, I guess anything can happen.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #462
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Fluminense in the Libertadores final is such a bad joke it hurts.

But if Inter aka the jokers managed to win it, I guess anything can happen.
I don't get it, why are you bagging Fluminense. They beat Sao and Boca, whats wrong with you. Why is this such a joke, is LDU a joke as well, knocking out San Lorenzo and Santos.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #463
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig-Jag View Post
I don't get it, why are you bagging Fluminense. They beat Sao and Boca, whats wrong with you. Why is this such a joke, is LDU a joke as well, knocking out San Lorenzo and Santos.
Come on, Jig. I know where you're coming from, but you've got to see Gustavo's point too, they are not exactly a great side are they? I'm not saying you have to be to win the Libertadores. They may not be a great side but have achieved great results. It's like when Liverpool won the CL recently by stumbling and fumbling their way there, and getting quite lucky in the process. Yes, you have to respect the results gained, but at the same time we know that any number of teams should have taken them out.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #464
country flag jayjay

I've got this feeling all of a sudden that Switzerland will at least make the last four, regardless of whether they win their group or not, anyone willing to see where I'm coming from?
Old 06-06-2008, 01:51 AM   #465
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they'd do well until I read about their injury problems. Important players like Degen and Frei might not be fully fit. Few others missing too. Also Senderos is a big player for them and his confidence might be shot. A decent start though and the home factor should really kick in.
Henry Chinaski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote