Rooting for James during the US Open 2007 thread! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #46
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rooting for James during the US Open 2007 thread!

james, You shouldn't lose this game, But you lost it.

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #47
country flag goodwoman

goodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
And once again I wish in some ways it had been the final and with a different outcome.
It was an exciting, well-played match. At least now James can shave! Seriously, I was afraid that he'd make it to the final with his beard down to his chest.
goodwoman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #48
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwoman View Post
It was an exciting, well-played match. At least now James can shave! Seriously, I was afraid that he'd make it to the final with his beard down to his chest.
Now that's all I can picture ala Rip Van Blake
Here's to Davis Cup now
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #49
country flag WF4EVER

WF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond reputeWF4EVER has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what's up between James and John McEnroe?

Every match James has played McEnroe's commentary has been particularly biased in favour of his opponent. When I heard him in the first round I thought it might be that JMac and Russell are friends or something, but in every single match he sounded like he wanted James to lose.

I thought he'd at least want him to do well since he's not only a fellow American but also on the DC team. He seems not to like James at all and I wish I knew why.

Re yesterday's match, I think James paid for playing Pilot Pen. Was it worth it, James?

He has been tired and sluggish most of this tournament and his serve has been atrocious at times. He could have won that match yesterday if he had been able to serve better and I'm sorry he lost, but maybe he should re-think his scheduling at this time of the year.

Yeah, I know he loves his hometown tournament and crowd but after he made Cincy final I don't think that was a wise decision at all. He could have easily made the SF here if he hadn't been so tired.

One thing though, I think he's over the 5-set jitters. He was not scared yesterday. He fought back valiantly after losing his serve int hat first game and even had those 3 MP, but Tommy was good in saving them. The TB reminded me of Hewitt/Federer in Cincy where Hewitt just lost it after hanging tough the whole match through. I guess it just kinda caught up with James finally, but he's a lot more confident these days and that's really great for him.

Anyone good luck for the rest of the season. I hope he can remain consistent and make the Masters Cup again. That would be fantastic.

I'd rather give out good rep points than respond to dumbass threads

Being called fangirl/fanboy is not a compliment.
WF4EVER is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #50
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

What is it about James and USO matches? Ever notice that he's almost always involved in the best matches? Even when he loses it's still a great match.

I haven't read this article yet but I saw it linked on ESPN: "Blake's Fatal Flaw."

WF4EVER, you've been brainwashed by the Federer forum. There's nothing particularly biased about JMac's commentary. He criticizes/praises any and all players at any time, including the "nice" guys like Nadal, Federer, and Blake. That's one reason why I like JMac so much: nobody is safe from him.

Stoked for DC now. Come on, James. Don't be the weakest link again.

Photos from the last match.

Haas def Blake 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 0-6, 6-7(4)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blake.jpg (231.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg blake2.jpg (140.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg blake3.jpg (88.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg blake4.jpg (102.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg blake5.jpg (81.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg blake6.jpg (101.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg blake7.jpg (88.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg blake8.jpg (88.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg blake9.jpg (82.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg blake10.jpg (105.8 KB, 1 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 09-06-2007 at 05:26 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #51
country flag goodwoman

goodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond reputegoodwoman has a reputation beyond repute

That's an excellent article, Tangy. You should read it when you get a chance.

Thanks, too, for the pictures!

It's been a great USO so far, and yes, James does manage to have the best matches, win or lose.

I'm looking forward to DC!
goodwoman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote