Plane crashes in Sao Paulo Airport (in Brasil) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #1
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Plane crashes in Sao Paulo Airport (in Brasil)

http://www.cnn.com/
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 AM   #2
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plane crashes in Sao Paulo Airport (in Brasil)

SAO PAULO, Brazil (CNN) -- A TAM Airline passenger plane carrying as many as 170 people crashed Tuesday while attempting to land at Sao Paulo's Congonhas domestic airport, the airline said.

The scene of the plane crash in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The statement did not say how many people were on board. There was no immediate word on survivors.

The plane apparently struck a building. Video footage from the scene showed visible flames at the crash site and a TAM sign visible on the building.

Flight JJ3054, an Airbus A320, was coming to Sao Paulo from Porto Alegre, the airline said. Watch scene after plane crashes in Sao Paulo »

The airline said it could not immediately confirm the extent of the damage or the number of victims. Family members of those on the plane were being given assistance, it said. An airline crew was at the scene working with emergency responders.

A statement from firefighters said about 50 rescue vehicles were at the scene. The fire continues to burn, firefighters said, but rescuing people on the plane is officials' priority.

Tom Hennigan, a reporter from The Times of London in Sao Paulo, told CNN that Tuesday's weather in Sao Paulo included low-lying clouds and heavy rain.

The airport's main runway was closed for several weeks at one point while it was repaired because of a problem with water collecting on the runway, Hennigan said. It was too early, however, to say whether that may have contributed to Tuesday's incident, he said.

The airport is small and in a densely populated area, he said.

"When you fly into Congonhas airport, it is like you are literally flying past people's living rooms in apartment blocks," Hennigan said. "Then you land on the runway. It is completely surrounded by the central part of Sao Paulo city. This is not an airport out on the edge of the city. This is right in the city."

According to the Associated Press, Brazil's deadliest crash occurred last September when a Gol Aerolinhas Inteligentes SA Boeing 737 collided with an executive jet over the Amazon rainforest.

ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:19 AM   #3
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

no words on victims ?

actually smthing happened yesterday in Bucharest too,a plane with 170 passengers had to land on emergency because it's wheels exploded when it took off. the passengers were frightened as they didn't know what was the problem and the landing was unpleasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
country flag Psichogauchovna

Psichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, thats really sad
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like everyone in the plane died. Around 8 people that were around the area are in the hospital.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
country flag keqtqiadv
2013 WS CHAMPS

keqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond reputekeqtqiadv has a reputation beyond repute

It looks so bad, I think nobody who was in the plane survived...
keqtqiadv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

yeah it really does
Old 07-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #8
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

This is the second tragic plane crash in Brazil in less than a year.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
country flag Tytta!.
(:

yeah and the plane crashed really near to a gas station so it looked really really awful with lots of fire
Old 07-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #10
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

the video CNN is showing, is that the plane with the cockpit sticking out of the building?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:28 AM   #11
country flag Tytta!.
(:

yeah...
Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Not just people on the plane, there's likely many injuries of people on the ground and probably fatality.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:41 AM   #13
country flag Tytta!.
(:

yeah some were working in those buildings next to the one the airplane crashed and they said some of them tried to jump from the 2nd and 3rd floor because of the fire
Old 07-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #14
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

so sad.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:16 AM   #15
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

What's sticking is the tail, not the cockpit.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote