World Team Cup - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-14-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
country flag Frankly_Fernando

Frankly_Fernando is on a distinguished road
Default World Team Cup

With Vince playing well and the Bryans dominating the doubles, I like Team USA's chances.

They drew Argentina, Australia and the Netherlands in their group, and will kick all their asses!
Frankly_Fernando is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2004, 07:22 PM   #2
country flag bostontennisplayer

bostontennisplayer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: World Team Cup

This should be a very cool event.... awesome that Vince is captain of the team!!

does anyone know if this is on television.??
bostontennisplayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:10 PM   #3
country flag HEiKE

HEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, it's a great event! I was there for the weekend and it was just great. It was my first time there so I was pretty excited. I got to see all players / teams practise which was really cool :-) I kinda ran into Robby and Vince all the time lol
On Sunday I went to see Germany vs Spain which was cool. I got to see so many players again that day...
HEiKE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 01:44 AM   #4
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

I only saw four games of the 1st set until I had to leave, but so far I could see Vince wasn't playing his best and usual tennis today
better luck next time!

@bostontennisplayer
yes, it is on TV, at least in wide parts of Europe and in Germany people can receive a German channel (via satellite mostly) that is broadcasting about 3-4 hours a day. Usually the two singles of one tie and during the break they switch also over for that time to show the tie on the other court.

@Heike
I checked the homepage for the tickets and the prices were really high IMO. How much did you pay for a ticket? what category?
But nevertheless, it must have been fun! It's always great to see tennis live at the courts.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 05-18-2004 at 01:49 AM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:57 PM   #5
country flag HEiKE

HEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond reputeHEiKE has a reputation beyond repute

@ Neely
yea, the tickets are really expensive :-( Well, I can only really compare to the Halle tournament since I'm going there for several years now. Best final tickets for Duesseldorf are approx. twice as much as for Halle!! I had the lowest category which was 26 EUR per ticket!! But yea, it was great fun!! I'm gonna go again Thursday / Friday which I'm soo looking forward to :-)
HEiKE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:15 PM   #6
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Heike,
in Munich I had tickets for between 12€ to 15€ (hab aber Gebrauch von einer Studentenermäßigung gemacht ) on two days of 1st and 2nd round. Lowest category (row 13), but the centrecourt in Munich isn't so big and it was still a great place I think.
Was really worth it, you could see everything the whole day, Centrecourt and all other courts, too.
BTW, I also saw Vince in his match against Dieter Kindlmann

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 05-19-2004, 02:20 PM   #7
country flag Neely
-

as we don't know how to judge Andre's claycourt game after that loss in St. Pölten, I think Vince is the best US player on clay right now. As far as what I could see from his performance today against Chela, he was really playing well (although he lost in the end) and the match much closer than it looked like!