Marks progress? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #16
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marks progress?

Hope to see him back on a court soon..
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 06:23 AM   #17
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys could you all please vote for me.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107455

Thank you.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #18
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

Cmon Mark we are with you all the way!
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:48 AM   #19
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip_fan View Post
when all hope was lost... i found this:

Agassi's coach testing new pupil

Las Vegas training coach Gil Reyes, one of the architects behind Andre Agassi's stunning comeback, has a new star pupil. Reyes and Agassi's former coach, Darren Cahill, have big plans for "Age of Love" star Mark Philippoussis, once one of tennis' brightest prospects before knee injuries took a toll.

"He belongs back in the top 10, the top 5, and he's set his course to be No. 1," Reyes said.

They face a tall order: Philippoussis, the 2003 Wimbledon runner-up to Roger Federer, has slipped to 370th in the world tennis ranking, his lowest spot since he was a rising teenager.

"It's not a fantasy mission by any means," Reyes said.

He recalls when Agassi, written off by many after falling to No. 141 in late 1997, rededicated himself and reached No. 1 in 1999. Agassi won more grand slam titles after age 29 than before it. Philippoussis is 30. Agassi has been working out with Philippoussis, who moved to Las Vegas last year to start working on his comeback.

Mark's the blueprint as an athlete," said Reyes. "He fits the prototype of what one takes to the court."

Under the guidance of Reyes and Cahill, Philippoussis was on his way late last year before injuring a knee that required surgery in January."

"He's ready for more games, and he has more games. I hope Mark is not impatient. We owe it to him, myself and Darren, that everything's in place for him to go out and win and win his way back in the rankings."

Las Vegas Review-Journal
thats a big claim... no wait... thats an ENORMOUS claim, i would say that they are all insane and that there is about a 0.0000000001% chance of him ever becoming number 1 again (Come on seriously guys?? just cos he has the game to destroy anybody on grass, in particular nadal as well as nadal on american hard courts) doesnt mean he could ever get the 7000+ points to become number 1 I dont think he could even beat federer on the grass his only chance would be indoors (grass courts are slow and the balls are big and heavy) plus hes 30 years old...

I would say that but it might be a case of "shoot for the stars if u want to reach the moon" (or watever it is), have some ridiculously high goal (number 1) so even if u only get close (top 10), its a huge achievement (and lets face it nobody expects mark to make the top 30 again).

The problem with the agassi comparison is that agassi was merely lacking focus, commitment, fitness (the marriage to brooke shields lack of motivation cos at his best pete still beat him), he wasnt an injury ravaged giant. Mark is injury ravaged, big and heavy, and slow (Even at his best he was about a 7.5/10 with his movement and that was mainly moving forward not side to side). Agassi also played in the 90s, balls were light, small and courts were fast (much like wat the america hc's seem to be moving towards), so rallies were shorter aggressive play was rewarded, also Racket technology wasnt as good, the blocked return was nowhere near as effective cos strings didnt off the spin, power and control they do now, so hes got alot to fight against.

The best i can see is mark making the top 10, and winning wimbledon (thats if all things go perfectly to plan, and he has to play to win, not play like a coward against federer)
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #20
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

mabie it was a little bit exadurated, but if mark has what it takes to get back in the top 100 I will be VERY Happy
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute

right now just playing a match this year would be an achievement for mark.... i have no idea what kind of training he is doing in vegas, and i dont know why he is not playing right now.

Its all going to come down to 8 events and what he can do with his protected ranking. At the start of the year i thought he could easily be back inside the top50... now 8 months on and no tournaments he's going to need a miracle to get back near the 100.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 AM   #22
country flag Bingerz

Bingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how long ago that age of love was filmed, but he didnt look particularly fit then. I hope it was a while ago and he has been working with Gil ever since.
Bingerz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #23
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

On the entry list for New Haven I saw that his Protected ranking was 165. Is this right? From what date do they decide the Protected ranking?
zizz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #24
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute

where did you see marks name on the entry list??? can you post a link please.

Thats probably right because it's an average ranking of a certain period of time.. I was hoping it would have stayed around 112 like it was in January, but beause he didn't defend Newport that's made the average go down.

So he's listed to play qualifying??
Old 08-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #25
country flag zizz

zizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond reputezizz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip_fan View Post
where did you see marks name on the entry list??? can you post a link please.

Thats probably right because it's an average ranking of a certain period of time.. I was hoping it would have stayed around 112 like it was in January, but beause he didn't defend Newport that's made the average go down.

So he's listed to play qualifying??
Hey
He is not listed to play qualies. He has entered New Haven (which you can only enter main draw) but is like 50 spots out or something. There was a mark next to his name and the ranking of 165 which I assume is his protected ranking. Unless that was the ranking he had when the cut for NewHaven came out (6 weeks ago)
It'll be interesting to see if he his name will appear on the quali draw tomorrow night.

Ps, can't post a link as I saw a hard copy, but I will see if I can scan it..No copmuter wizard..Sorry
Old 08-17-2007, 06:45 AM   #26
country flag zizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizz View Post
Hey
He is not listed to play qualies. He has entered New Haven (which you can only enter main draw) but is like 50 spots out or something. There was a mark next to his name and the ranking of 165 which I assume is his protected ranking. Unless that was the ranking he had when the cut for NewHaven came out (6 weeks ago)
It'll be interesting to see if he his name will appear on the quali draw tomorrow night.

Ps, can't post a link as I saw a hard copy, but I will see if I can scan it..No copmuter wizard..Sorry
I am sorry but I made a mistake. The mark # next to his name doesn't indicate a protected ranking. The symbol @ does. So the 165 was his ranking 6 wks ago when the líst was released.

Sorry. My mistake.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #27
country flag Timbo

Timbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's becoming blatantly obvious that talk about a serious Poo comeback is largely being generated by his PR team and a physical trainer who still wants a job. I don't want to hear about him being "not ready" anymore...he's now officially "former pro Mark Philippoussis" in my book.
Timbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #28
country flag Xristos

Any news?
Old 08-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #29
country flag aussie ace

aussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond reputeaussie ace has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys!

found some news but its not at all great...
i don't know if anyone has a myspace account but mark does, as this is his title on the page "2 WEEK BOAT TRIP IN THE MANTAWIS WITH THE REEF SURF TEAM, OH YEAH"...
so i'm going to be guessing no tennis for 2 weeks... hmmm... makes you wonder...

Last edited by aussie ace : 08-24-2007 at 12:23 PM.
aussie ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:12 AM   #30
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to him being at 95% ??? wat was that like 2 months ago!? A joke really, gil doesnt lie but maybe phillipossis is making it difficult hes probably either gonna retire at the aussie open or at wimbledon. Pitiful just pitiful that they should make so much hype about the shape hes in then he cant even play bloody challengers.
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote