Marks progress? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
country flag Bingerz

Bingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marks progress?

Does anyone know if he is back in training after his show....'the poo pulls em' lol.

I want him to get back out there, this time last year he was playing pretty well, he is only 30 and with his game, he could have a few more competitive years out there
Bingerz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marks progress?

who knows? so many conflicting reports recently, no one really knows what's going on... Alan Jones (close friend) said on the radio last week he talked to mark and his knee is fully recovered and is training hard with agassi in vegas. Gil reyes was at the premiere of the show so they obviously are still working in the gym together. Which is good news he's surrounded by the right ppl - i think its only a matter of time before he comes back. I feel mark knows this is the last roll of the dice so he's not returning with any nigglying injuries.

Latest report is he will try to qualify in Montreal on august 4.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
country flag Bingerz

Bingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond repute

Ok cheers for that. As much as i doubt the intro for the age of love
....'Mark is in the prime of his career'
I would love it to be true, other than Rafa and Feds i believe next in line in terms of talent would be a toss up between Safin and Flip
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of raw talent Safin in his prime was ahead of federer and rafa, wilander said so himself, but its the head that safin and flip have that keeps them from being anywhere near that league on a consistent basis
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

sorry guys, but talent-wise, mark can't compare to safin

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 AM   #6
country flag Bingerz

The way he came out and blew Sampras away in straight sets at the aussie open in about 1995 was a good display of his potential talent
Old 07-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #7
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxsword View Post
sorry guys, but talent-wise, mark can't compare to safin
I disagree to a point, Safin at his best had far superior court speed, is a freakish returner, and id say that he is 9 compared to marks 10, when they are both at their best ON SERVE. Also Marat is mentally tougher when hes really focussed look at his 5 set record. But mark at his best, was decimating on fast courts, his serve was ridiculously tough with the angles pace and even spin on the first delivery, and he had amazing hands at the net and all, plus hes a much better power volleyer, he was very much like lew hoad. He could also out hit anyone on a fast court at his best, his raw physical strength is yet unmatched (im talkin before the advent of super light powerful rackets and the awesome hybrid strings and what not that give little guys like Rochus a 130 mph first serve). But yes Safin all round is a much more complete talent definatley, its just that at marks very best on a fast surface he could just take anyone right off the court.

And pete played him stupid at the 96 Aussie, He didnt exactly completely destroy pete like marat did but he was dictating and pete was getting into a hitting war with him as opposed to the way pete played him later at wimbledon and the uso, Safin would fall into that trap of getting into a hitting war with him too and i think mark could beat him at both of their best on a surface like the USO or Rebound ace.
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #8
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the latest on Mark, is he definetly playing in Montreal?
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:07 AM   #9
george

george is on a distinguished road

Any news?
george is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:07 AM   #10
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute

no news, just put up a little rant about the situation on my website - i am really pissed off by the lack of news and how long it's taking. He should be back playing. At this rate he'll be strugglying to finish the year in a respectable position to qualify for the australian open... that's if he doesnt injury himself before january...

apparently he's not ready yet - well thats what his agent told the organisers of the binghampton challenger event... it's on next week and they offered him a WC... i cant help but think the fact its the finale of 'Age of Love' has something to do with the delay.

not in a good mood.. sick of waiting and the bs excuses!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

the poor guy must be scared of the locker room now

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:07 AM   #12
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Mark should have a protected ranking now, and should make qualifying lists for most ATP events.

Mark does have a protected ranking doesn't he?
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:23 AM   #13
country flag Bingerz

Yeh he does around the 112 mark
Old 08-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #14
country flag Timbo

Timbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond repute

Considering he's actually been uninjured since June, this is getting ridiculous...a lot of us are great supporters of Mark, but I just wish he'd get serious and get some matchplay under his belt. Is that pointless tv series still going? How can you say you're "not ready" for a challenger, yet expect to make it through qualies for the US Open?
Timbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #15
country flag flip_fan

timbo, thankfully it's finale is this week.

i agree its ridiculous... but he has been spending the last few months mainly in the gym with Gil Reyes so i am expecting mark to be in top condition when he returns... but "when" is the big question. If he doesnt try and qualify for cinnincinati then he should not even be thinking trying to qualify for the US Open.